Colorado People

• Thread starter ttystikk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
respect

respect

Grower of Herb
Supporter
We had a tile guy white, sub contractor, hated The Mexis's was the biggest piece of shit asshole liar, hypocrite Christian. we spent well over $35,000.00 in incredible kitchen floor and bath tile and it all had to be demolished and re done by a crew of Mexicans . His work was deplorable. He never cleaned up his mess, told me in my own home not to smoke pot, but offered me pills that he said would make me sleep 14 hours..The Mexicans came over demolished his mess and did and incredible job. worked 16 hours a day were happy, clean and trustworthy. They took pride in their work and I fed them and sent them home with farm goodies. No real craftsman left these days or people who take pride in a good job, its get it done pay me fuck you...Legal or not they did a great job and saved the day..
I've heard this story before...

respect

respect

Grower of Herb
Supporter
asshole.. I was cooking his breakfast and huffin a wake bake dube and from way across the room he said please don't smoke that in front of me... I looked at him for a second or two and took a huge rip and huffed even more...
His outfit was called Wendover Construction, had it in large letters on the back of his truck. I erased the W and put in a B, It was like that for a few days before he discovered it....Pissed him off big time, that day he left never saw him again.....
Lmao!

pRiMo303

pRiMo303

I first visited here about 9 years ago. I helped my first roommate move back out here when he finished his service in the Navy. My girlfriend at the time, the most awesome woman I think I'll ever have known in this life, had visited on a few occasions--hippy chick, toured with WSP. She told me CO was the most beautiful place she had ever seen, and this would be the place she would come when she was ready to be in one place for the rest of her life--she was absolutely right. CO was love at first sight. That was a long time ago, and now probably would never move here on account of me, but I'd like to think I'm wrong..nothing would be more perfect than living in heaven on earth with an angel by my side. Though not a native, she is the epitome of everything that I love about this state that I call home.

Wasn't trying to be all sappy and shit, but this is a thread about our passion for our home, transplants or not, and it made me think of the person that told me once I came here, this would be my knew home.

pRiMo303

pRiMo303

weve been here a month and have had a great time. eveytime i walk out of my apartment or work im hit in the face with beautiful mountains. yesterday i got off work and the moon was just ducking behind the mountains with soft red lined clouds. we moved from cali and only saw deer on tv, now im seeing them daily and they seem to live just as peacefully as the rest of us. the first day i was here i met a wax maker. i brought my cali weed and we made some wax. he loved seeing cali outdoor, said it was strange lookin :) (size) i havent gone sight seeing yet because of the move and new job but im gettin itchy. i hear garden of the gods is a nice drive to take. the other day at safeway i was purchasing some stuff, my check hadnt cleared my bank so my atm wasnt working. i had 26 dollars on me and my bill was 28.95, i looked at my bags to take something off and she said "ill just add a coupon or two for you" ive done that when i was a cashier in cali, but ive never had that done for me. so cool!!! and most people are chill here, still have my cali plates on and ive actually gotten "welcome to the springs" hahaha and i couldnt believe my eyes as im waiting for my food at a fast food place, i see a bikini coffee shop...... classic, cracks me up. i bet the coffees are 9 bucks, ohhh and they only take cash ;)
Hot chick a latte ;)

sky high

sky high

It's expensive to play in the hills! CM's place is damn nice. Lotsa tile and granite and nice appliances. 35K doesn't go too far anymore when you do it right...and my guess is that he's quoting the entire job cost...not the tile work alone.

The economy trashed the construction industry...not the illegals. What happened was the crash thinned the circus and weeded out the half-wits who shouldn't have been there in the first place. As I say, the quality folks here survived because they were, and still are, >always< in demand. My trim carpenter buddy who works on high-end kitchen remodels/etc just got busier 'cus his boss laid off all the dead weight. Things have not let up either. He has to fight to get days off and he can work 7 days a week if he wants to, and sometimes...like the busy period from Sept-Nov...he has to work what days they tell him to work. (7)

Kitchen cabinet guy is comin today to bid my kitchen. Gonna do the demo and tile myself...and...MAYBE the cabinets as well. Gonna have to see the costs involved....cus I sure have enough weed on hand to get the job done...and with weed...I can do damn near anything.... :D

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

It's expensive to play in the hills! CM's place is damn nice. Lotsa tile and granite and nice appliances. 35K doesn't go too far anymore when you do it right...and my guess is that he's quoting the entire job cost...not the tile work alone.

The economy trashed the construction industry...not the illegals. What happened was the crash thinned the circus and weeded out the half-wits who shouldn't have been there in the first place. As I say, the quality folks here survived because they were, and still are, >always< in demand. My trim carpenter buddy who works on high-end kitchen remodels/etc just got busier 'cus his boss laid off all the dead weight. Things have not let up either. He has to fight to get days off and he can work 7 days a week if he wants to, and sometimes...like the busy period from Sept-Nov...he has to work what days they tell him to work. (7)

Kitchen cabinet guy is comin today to bid my kitchen. Gonna do the demo and tile myself...and...MAYBE the cabinets as well. Gonna have to see the costs involved....cus I sure have enough weed on hand to get the job done...and with weed...I can do damn near anything.... :D

I have a shit ton of tools and experience. I can volunteer a few days!

Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

i don't think someone here illegally can get welfare without a social security number.
if two people from out of country have a kid born here, i believe the kid is then elligble though.
An interesting article, http://www.forbes.com/sites/realspi...sequences-georgias-immigration-law-backfires/

tile is one of them places there is no reason to skimp on $,
a good tile laid properly with the good flexbond, will last forever

Last edited:
respect

respect

Grower of Herb
Supporter
35 k on a bathroom ain't shit and as chronic stated don't skimp on thin set.

Edit: I shouldn't say 35K on a bathroom isn't shit because that's a very nice bathroom but what I should have said is that being that I'm in the biz of putting in bathrooms 35K isn't that uncommon. :)

Last edited:
Chronic Monster

Chronic Monster

what ever happened to that diy uc you made sky? you ever rock the water culture these days

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Most folks are happy, but most do not want to have to walk their kids past it in the parks, or have it blown in their face in public. In short, the whole state has a "concert" feel to it. If you can't smell it in the air, walk a few paces and sniff again. :couchpotato:
Seems like violence is already on the decline... will productivity follow? lol
Lots of happy folks, and most are more than willing to spread that joy. :D

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I moved from one area of CO to another this summer. Fell off my bike and broke and dislocated my finger. Hopped on a bus into town and the bus driver went off route and drove me straight to the ER. My neighbors are weed friendly. My landlord is weed friendly. My boss and all my coworkers are weed friendly. Tomorrow will be my 24th ski day this season. I live in a rural setting with views in every direction, 50' from world class river fishing. Hell, I'm even getting laid!

Life is good. Fire up a fatty for the great state of colorful Colorado!

outwest

sky high

sky high

We always had a great weed scene here. Everyone else is just now figuring it out. The question is if it will stay that way.

Angies list? LOFL. FWIW....many of us are friends here with houses and lives outside the weed thing...and we share that freely 'cus we all know how to grow and don't need to talk about "how do I??" most of the time. We're also OLD. LOL. Either way...can't speak for the others....but I wasn't aware that it was our job here to keep everyone else across the country interested in this or any other "Colorado" thread. Colorado people talking about Colorado people. What's wrong with that, legal? I mean....what's up in YOUR state? ;)

The DIY UC is stored in the basement chronic. Was fun for awhile but I ended up missing the flavor of dirt grown weed. Moreso...all of the changes here and the influx of everyone from everywhere else (looking for their balls) sent my need for weight in a completely opposite direction from where it was when I built the thing. In the end, I just didn't need to grow that much weed and got tired of chasing pH and worrying about root rot. Gonna reuse the air pumps and the bubble discs from all of it in a new wood-fired ghetto hot tub I'm on the crux of putting together...but the buckets are stored away and just taking up space in the crawlspace.

Sounds like a good gig, outwest. Most folks didn't end up in these areas by chance......that is the difference to me. A town may only be 5000 people...but 4000 of them CHOSE to move there/be there so you don't hear the constant whine you often hear from people in other places who merely seem >stuck< wherever it is they grew up or wherever else it is they have pigeon-holed themselves into.

K

kolah

What the f have you all done to a thread about beautiful Colorado.. you should be ashamed! Move contractor complaints to angies list for gods sake..

I agree. Mods? Can you please delete my posts in regards to my replies to Chickenmans post where he talks about how great mexicano/illegals are and how shitty the white, black and red workers are? My apologies.

vaporedout

vaporedout

i love the snow, this is my HOME...... im never leaving. quick apartment view
SAM 0716
SAM 0722

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
I agree. Mods? Can you please delete my posts in regards to my replies to Chickenmans post where he talks about how great mexicano/illegals are and how shitty the white, black and red workers are? My apologies.
You started it...
Over reaction...Chill out..
All I wanted was to get what I paid top dollar for, not some song and dance. We had a few white guys who did a good job, except the painter, lazy slob, never showed up expected top dollar.
How do you know they were illegals??? And so fucking what??? were all children of god and who are you to judge another human being for working, hard, doing a good job??
Job was subbed out, white guy was a total asshole, Mexicans came in, I did not ask for Mexicans over whites, but the fellas from Mexico did an incredible job so WTF??? that's all I wanted and deserved.
Judge not lest you be judged.
Sorry if anyone's offended not my intention to offend any one just making a point you got this started all I did was share my experience... how about a nice burrito???
You'll feel much better..
you also profess to have native American ties...so you of all people should be upset over the illegal invasion of this country by WHITE PEOPLE, who did a pretty good job eliminating the competition who was here long before...
I never start shit here Have a nice day Kolah, relax....

Last edited:
Top Bottom