M

maestro

Geeh I told ya ya can buy a counterfeit card for a zip. WTF

kiddin

sorry to hijack yo thread bro

peace

K

kolah

Maybe this has already been discussed. If so I apologize.

Does a MD script for more plants and more stored weed over-ride Amendment 20? Or would this be a battle in the courts and cost a CO redcard holder tons of money in legal fees? I know Amend 20 is a bit vague which states 6 plants and a max of 2 oz's.

Maybe it would be a good question to ask the local po po. (in a discreet fashion)

OTOH you still have the feds that don't give a rats ass about the state law. Therefore if they bust you with your scripted 30 plants max you're in worse shape than having a mere 6. Yes, no, thoughts?

sky high

sky high

Lotsa conjecture and "made-to-order" doctor doin's goin on these days...

A20 is still the law. It says 3/3 but it also says you can possess up to 2 ounces of "useable" product....which I believe includes hash/hash oil. Takes a few MORE plants than 3/3 to make an oz of hash oil from my understanding... so folks should be covered right there....

as far as "recs" go and the doc telling you how many plants you can grow....

pretty sure the docs can only "recommend" that the use of MMJ >may< help your condition...and that is IT. Nowhere i can find does A20 authorize the doc to write any "script" for more plants or set any specific dosages whatsoever. To do so would be a form of "prescribing" the use of MMJ use which would open that doc up to Fed prosecution. (anyhting over a "recommendation")

either way...such a variance may/may not fly if you take it to court. (kinda doubting the doc will back you up..but again...to be seen)

A20 allows for more if the PATIENT can prove they need it..not that a doc has Ok'd "X" level of usage/etc.

That's my readin' of it .... not that i'm gonna worry either way, mind ya...but it is interesting to see how folks somehow cover themselves >in their own minds< and >as needed< whether or not what they are doing has any merit whatsoever in court or jives with the law as written....

too funny.

s h

K

kolah

Thanks for the clarification S-H. My redcard expires in April. I am still not sure if I will renew it or not. I am starting to think this whole redcard/caregiver/MMC thing is setting all of us up like bowling pins for the fuckin federales. Too many regulations, fees and loss of liberties associated with it. Yet if you gobble down pharma drugs you are exempt from this crapola.

Another concern of mine is applying for a job where the application may ask about drug usage. If you admit you don't use drugs and later they find out you are a registered tokester you're fucked. I know "they" say only law enforcement have access to redcard records but I am not so sure I trust that one. I guess it all depends how they word the question on the application. "Do you use recreational drugs?" (my answer would be no because I use it for migraines...cough cough) "Do you use any illegal narcotics?" (again my answer would be no because it is not illegal under Amend 20 for redcard holders). Any way you look at it I would have to dance around the issues. Now if they ask for a piss test I could be fucked.

Why don't they charge up-the-ass fees for everyone popping pharma dope? Oh shit I better clam up. That might be next.

I dunno, the old skool black market keeps looking better and better.

sky high

sky high

Well bro...don't go on what I say. I'm just wingin' it like most folks. I will see my long-term (8 cards/years and counting here) MMJ doc within the next few weeks and I will go on what she says about higher counts. Regardless...we will grow what we need and nothing less.

We had concerns over the whole "job" issue until I signed the HR director/his wife as my patients...then all worries disappeared. LOL. We have also shielded ourselves in other ways...such as the fact that my wife is in a position to drive a company car for FREE...yet because any wreck..her fault or not..would envoke an automatic piss test...we have passed on that "perk" forwellover 15 years now. No thanks. I already have 3 cars...

LEO can suppposedly only ask/verify from the Registry that you are a legit patient. They don't have the records, per se'. If you have no RED card you are not "medical' in the eyes of the law...(as written in A20)...so again...time will tell (and LOTS OF MONEY) if a "no-card..just a rec with 99 plants on it" defense will hold any water in a court of law.

crazy stuff...none of which really matters in the big picture of life and death...

fuck em all. Do what you think you need to do and take responsibility for it and you'll be miles ahead of most folks!

s h

Tripsick

Tripsick

Soon as i sent mine in they approve the new Fee...

So 35.00 is the new fee.. Lets hope they send out refunds.. i dont want them wasting too much of my money

Tripsick

Tripsick

"there are 3,200 applications currently on hold for some sort of restriction on the physician." Hyman added that patients whose applications are on hold won't be able to get answers about their status until after December 1.

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/2011/11/medical_marijuana_board_of_health_fees.php

Update 2, 2:46 p.m. November 16: Just heard from CDPHE spokesman Mark Salley. He confirms that the $35 fee will go into effect on January 1, 2012. Regarding the reason for a delay in the processing of approximately 3,200 patient applications, he says, "We are attempting to establish the validity of the physician signatures on the forms." This explanation would correspond with the theory voiced by Colorado Dispensary Service's Betty Aldworth -- that physicians assistants, rather than the doctors themselves, may have signed some documents. But a whole range of other possibilities could fit as well.

T

ToastyRoadie

Just got my renewal a few days ago. Took 3 weeks from when I sent it in. :-)

Melizzard

Melizzard

Yup, same here ... and it's me AND my hubby, so they got $180 of our hard-earned bucks!

GhostFace

GhostFace

im wondering why some that renew get it back in 3 weeks from being sent in and others renew and they wait 4 weeks to have check cashed and they prob wont have the card for another 2-3 weeks. wierd

T

ToastyRoadie

Maybe it has something to do with the Doc? Not sure but I had mine approved for 24 plants.

Also I paid with a money order, that shouldn't make a difference. I read some were being investigated if I recall.

GhostFace

GhostFace

dr's, mmc's, caregivers are being looked at to make sure everyone is up to par "but" there
should be no reason for Patients to wait for so long to get a Re-New card.

Unit541

Unit541

19 days from post-mark to cash my check... Last year it was only a few days afterwards that my card showed up. We'll see...

sky high

sky high

Took us 3 weeks and a few daze to get our renewal cards this year. Quicker than the last go around but nowhere near the one week turnaround we saw between 2004-2009.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Off to Ned. tomorrow for renewal. Filled a cancelation. The dr there is booked thru Jan., at $110.00 a pop. Can recommend higher plant count if requested.
The rich get richer, but WTF ya gunna do???????

Unit541

Unit541

Ok, ended up taking 26 calendar days, from the date (11/4) I mailed my renewal application, for my card to reach my mailbox.

Melizzard

Melizzard

Hmmmmmm ... 4 weeks now since I sent in my renewal app. This is my second renewal ... what could be the problem with a Stage IV cancer?

xxoo
Mel

Top Bottom