• Tagged users None
samino

samino

I was wondering if I could benefit from combining nutes such as:

For veg: Flora Nova Grow 7-4-10 + Grow Big 12-7-7
Would give me 19-11-17

For Flower= Flora Nova Bloom 4-8-7 + Tiger Bloom 2-8-4 + Big Bloom .01-.3-.7
Would give me 8.01-16.3-11.7

I know some say the Nova line is organic the I hear its not. I know you cant mix organic with Chemical, so if they are all chemical then I should be able to mix these combination's giving a more complete nutrient right?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Mixin is no biggy at all and probably most of us do at one point or another...I even mix organic and chem nutes with absolutely no problems..

You have to watch runnin certain products with active bateria and enzymes because they can tend to kill them off and you loose the benificials.....Don't want to run H2O2 with mychorrizae or products like tarrantual or pirahna because it will kill the benificials off and render them inactive..

Tex

samino

samino

Mixin is no biggy at all and probably most of us do at one point or another...I even mix organic and chem nutes with absolutely no problems..

You have to watch runnin certain products with active bateria and enzymes because they can tend to kill them off and you loose the benificials.....Don't want to run H2O2 with mychorrizae or products like tarrantual or pirahna because it will kill the benificials off and render them inactive..

Tex

So would earth juice products be ok to mix with either of the nutes I mentioned?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Earth Juice is good stuff...

I would kick in some Flourolicous Plus into your flower regime or some Floranectar in thre..

Tex

S

StonerB

When mixing diff lines just start with pure water as close to zero as you can and keep track of the ppms or ec of everything added. Just as Texas said even mixing organic with synthetic is ok as long as you are aware of what to add on what day. Im a weirdo that doesnt mind killing my bennies every now and then, as long as the product that did it was needed and I will reapply an ACT tea the next day. An example of this is the foxfarm dry boosters, I love them but they harm my soil life so I must frequently add guano and vermi-t, great-white and shit like that. If you start mixing the two use an enzyme product to help you break down the synthetics and maybe even flush before using the organics, its all about balance. NO the nova line is NOT organic just read the back of the bottle. Earth juice however is (most of its line) and is amazing , especially if you brew it the day before you need it. The EJ line or some guano is a good organic way to get some flavor into any mix just adjust your ppms accordingly. Be aware that an organic nute is not a salt and will not read properly on a meter so be aware of what you add even if it doesnt register on the meter. Mixing nutes is a great way to make your crop stand out. With the market being saturated by maybe 7-10 nute companies and the continued bottlenecking of the cannabis plants genome we are all seeking ways to have a unique harvest without breeding our own strain. Just as people complain about flavor washout with advanced any brand fert even if properly used AND flushed will have an effect on the end taste, if we all use the same strains and same nutes we get the same taste. Go for it and rock you own mix. Most "old-timers" have there own very unique mix and some wont even purchase them together in order to prevent the employees from gaining their "secret" The reason I say this is because these take years to create and thousands of dollars of trial and error to perfect, even if you ask nice you prob wont get anyone actually posting their real "recipe" so dont get your hopes up but good luck in creating your own.

Top Bottom