• Thread starter GR33NL3AF
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Oh and guys,

There is always a chance of heading backwards. Amsterdam legalized and then pulled the rug. Found out legalization did not do what was intended. We could go down the same path. Also, the next administration could just shut it all down.

Has nobody thought about this...

Feds may just want to let this thing build up, so they can seize it all. Think of the property pay day that would be, with no recourse as it is FEDERALLY illegal.

velocity

velocity

Good points Cap, I mean honestly where is all that cash going to anyways since most banks do not want to touch it. Not to steer this in a bad direction but really to be federally legal its not just our gov, we are part of the U.N also and they also have a say in the legality aspect aswell. There are lines drawn in the sand, alot of people do not want it legal because they would have to change how they do it, or do not want to go through the pain of becoming legal.

There is good there is bad, nothing is or ever will be perfect. But as a masses type of thing the commercial grown and regulated only way it is going to happen. It is about control folks its hard to control 2K home growers VS a couple commercial operations. Want to know the latest things then hit a Hort. show they are common.

If you do not like whats out there then grow your own. Things change, and it is really how you adapt to change, if you do not then you will be passed by.

QLTYlab

QLTYlab

Oh and guys,

There is always a chance of heading backwards. Amsterdam legalized and then pulled the rug. Found out legalization did not do what was intended. We could go down the same path. Also, the next administration could just shut it all down.

Feds may just want to let this thing build up, so they can seize it all. Think of the property pay day that would be, with no recourse as it is FEDERALLY illegal.

this has been in the back of my mind ever since the DOJ said they wouldn't fight the legalization in WA and CO. It really is the perfect set up.

tweedy

tweedy

Oh and guys,

Agreed completely, I know people personally with over $100,000 invested into WA, and have heard of an electrician buddy who is putting up 700,000 watts in ONE location. They seize that sort of haul from the 1000 plus applicants in WA alone and pull the same shit in CO and effectively cripple if not take out of the game completely everyone in the industry "who didn't see this coming".

If anyone does not think this sort of thing can happen, look at executive order 208 and how they stripped Americans of once legal gold, shut down mines and made them look for copper, essentially bankrupting the entire mining industry and then came back and made it legal again with no reparations to claims that had to shut down during the process.

Its like that, except they TAKE your stuff these days, not just leave you high and dry. :facepalm:

R

redlife215

Oh and guys,

That's not true. It was never legal in Amsterdam or Holland or anywhere in the world before Uruguay

R

redlife215

After all the legal bullshit they would have to do to take weed from a illegal class 1 drug and drop it down to federally legal for people to use for recreation they wouldn't be able to bounce it back to being illegal. What Amsterdam did was decriminalize it and look the other way while coffee shops operated thru legal loopholes. Kind of like when all the big big European growers were moving to Switzerland because growing weed was technically not illegal but the actual dried flower was but they closed the loopholes and chased everybody out. So there won't be a re illegalization of weed if it becomes legal

Tuku

Tuku

If it goes "legal" as it has in Colorado you'll have to go corporate to stay inside the law...even to sell the seed. Folks make the mistake (IMO) of trying to put the scenario they have now (unregulated, unmonitored, untaxed) in place with "legality" and sorry to say, it just isn't gonna work that way for most folks. If you wanna play these new games, you gotta lay in bed with the Gov't.

good luck all

Good point.

DragonKilla

DragonKilla

Interesting topic! I don't really see how legalization will ever be good for the homegrower who's trying to make a living out of it. Either corporations will drive us into the ground, or regulations will throttle us. Hope I'm wrong! ...but I fear I'm not.

QLTYlab

QLTYlab

After all the legal bullshit they would have to do to take weed from a illegal class 1 drug and drop it down to federally legal for people to use for recreation they wouldn't be able to bounce it back to being illegal. What Amsterdam did was decriminalize it and look the other way while coffee shops operated thru legal loopholes. Kind of like when all the big big European growers were moving to Switzerland because growing weed was technically not illegal but the actual dried flower was but they closed the loopholes and chased everybody out. So there won't be a re illegalization of weed if it becomes legal

I like your optimism but I disagree that it can't be re-illegalized. Prohibition on any substance could be instituted at anytime with the proper support.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Cap is right,Not only property but a shitload of cash!Most of these businesses are still operating on cash basis because they have to,somewhere there are guy(s) guarding boatloads of cash in houses in residential neighborhoods,im surprised there have not been ripoff attempts yet,the government would love to seize that cash,i bet only 1/3 of it would ever make it into custody and a bunch of DEA agents would be sporting new boats and range rovers.

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
speaking of next administration. Im almost positive Jeb Bush will be in the forefront for the republicans. No way another Bush in the house would benefit us. never know which way this is gonna go come 2 years.

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
Cap is right,Not only property but a shitload of cash!Most of these businesses are still operating on cash basis because they have to,somewhere there are guy(s) guarding boatloads of cash in houses in residential neighborhoods,im surprised there have not been ripoff attempts yet,the government would love to seize that cash,i bet only 1/3 of it would ever make it into custody and a bunch of DEA agents would be sporting new boats and range rovers.
Im sure the top of the industry would go down for sure as they couldnt get everyone. imagine the strain on the courts, jails etc with that big of a operation. The backlash from the states and people would be a sight to see.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
if we vote we can have an even playing field. What we won`t be able to do is stop commercial competition.

soserthc1

soserthc1

Seems the Japanese can eliminate a drug epidemic pretty quick , half a million little speeded up Japanese down to a few thousands in 4 yrs ..... Capitalism at its finest

sensicloud

sensicloud

Wanna kinda rejuv this thread because it's very relevant with mucho states going for legalization in 2016. Let's share some more info..what are some home growers in current legal states experiencing ? I constantly think about the commercialization/legalization movement...

S

Seed Buyer

With Scotts buying GH for almost $130 million I think its safe to say the cats out of the bag and we are 10 years away from legalization. A publicly traded company like Scoots with tentacles in our congress is not going to risk federal forfeiture of their loot. They must know something we don't or they would not have throw their hat in the ring. I have been in the hydro industry for 13 years and with the selling of GH coupled with the current dutch fiasco this is the biggest shake up we have seen since Green Merchant.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
They also bought Vermicrop, I just learned today. I couldn't figure out why their FB page went blank, now I know.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
With Scotts buying GH for almost $130 million I think its safe to say the cats out of the bag and we are 10 years away from legalization. A publicly traded company like Scoots with tentacles in our congress is not going to risk federal forfeiture of their loot. They must know something we don't or they would not have throw their hat in the ring. I have been in the hydro industry for 13 years and with the selling of GH coupled with the current dutch fiasco this is the biggest shake up we have seen since Green Merchant.

130 mil? Larry is stoked!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom