Competition Grow Off - Get Your Entries In Now!

• Thread starter Seraphim19
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Seraphim19

Ladies and gentlemen

Its time to spice things up a little bit round here and have some fun!

I will be running 2 grow offs and the first one starts soon!

Here is how it will work.
The first competition will be a party cup grow off.
Everyone involved will be required to meet 2 conditions
1. Everyone taking part must post an update a minimum of once a week
2. Everyone taking part must grow from start to finish in a 500ml cup
Apart from that the rest is up to you. Use whatever medium, nutrients and strain you want.
The start date to drop your seeds will be 1st December so you have 2 weeks to get ready if you want in.

The second grow off is a bit more exclusive. To qualify you must either have a documented grow on this site or be taking part in the party cup grow off. This grow off will be for full size plants in 12litre/3 gallon pots
so it will be a more in depth competition plus we will all be using the same strain, but more about that when the time draws near.

For now I will be concentrating on getting things sorted my end for the party cup grow off and to do that I need people to take part so spread the word and lets get the THC farmer community buzzing!

If you want to enter the party cup grow off just put a comment below saying that you are in.

Panacea79

Panacea79

Hey Seraphim,
Sounds fun! Count me in on the SECOND grow off as I'm still doing the 'Search for Red' grow.
I had a minor labeling problem when going to start to do my last TWO (2) BRB's AND TWO (2) Feminized Auto Diesel's from Original-ssc.com.
Long story short, I got TWO of the total FOUR (2 BRBS and 2 Auto D's) to pop, sprout and are now well on their way to growing to the point where I can tell WHICH IS WHICH....my gut tells me that they're both Auto D. but so far, as little as they are, they DO/ARE exhibiting BRBS signature 'craggily' l aves but only time will tell.
Well good luck with BOTH competitions and, as I said, count me in on the SECOND ONE.( I have feeling I KNOW what it is, hehe) TTYS, Panacea

str8smokn

str8smokn

On the cup challenge,are these Autos or Whatever we choose?
and only seeds?
no clones right..
I'm down for the second challenge for sure! :) ..X
Actually count me in for the cup also...
STR8

Panacea79

Panacea79

@Quagmire ,@north knect part two is coming up..W.X test...
We need to blow this bitch up this time..
STR8
I SECOND THAT, STR8!!!
WEll, like I mentioned in the Search for Red tread, I still MAY be searching as I got myself confused when transplanting my newest seedlings to new pots (2 Fem. Auto Diesels and 2 BRBS) so I may have two of ONE OR THE OTHER or ONE OF EACH! Obviously I'll let u guys know EITHER WAY via the 'Search for Red' thread. Peace

kbellfoy

kbellfoy

Great idea!I would have loved to do the cup comp but in flowering. Bummer...:crying2:

Quagmire

Quagmire

Yes there will be prizes, I need to check with the mods first I don't want to break any rules.

I want to give away fresh seeds and company merchandise i.e. hats, t-shirts, key rings, etc..

So, do I win a hat or something for winning the 1st grow off of BRB being the only one to successfully grow a female.. she is beginning to throw some nice colors now and smells wonderful.

I'm in for the 500ml grow off as we used to have grow offs using shot glasses, should be fun.. oh btw folks, for you USA people.. 500ml = 2.11 cups.. I just checked and the red solo cups we use at picnics or keg parties holds 2.11 right to the rim.. Just an example..
So, I'm in for grow off contest #1.. this will fall in place for Dec 1st perfectly.. now to go thru my 125 strains to see what to grow.

Thanks Seraphim for keeping things fun..

Quagmire

Quagmire

@Quagmire ,@north knect part two is coming up..W.X test...
We need to blow this bitch up this time..
STR8

I think with the fresh beans we will all have much better luck.. I'll do my best to save some room for this contest but am doing a grow off of my own of 3 diff packs of Pacific's G13 x Black Widow, SFVOG x Chemdog & SFVOG x JC2... kind of committed to it already, bummer..

Calixylon

Calixylon

I can definetly leave a girl in a solo cup, and see what happnes, do we need to have the seed in the ground by Dec 1, or can we start earlier if we keep it updated>?

Quagmire

Quagmire

I can definetly leave a girl in a solo cup, and see what happnes, do we need to have the seed in the ground by Dec 1, or can we start earlier if we keep it updated>?

I know Seraphim stays quite busy so I'll jump in and respond to this for him.. I'm sure he won't mind.. please, nobody jump the gun on this one.

Dec 1st is THE DAY you start germination be it your method to drop it right into soil and water or paper towel, whatever.. I jumped the gun by just a few days last one and got me hand smacked... LOL. j.k. but yeah, if I know my M8te Seraphim, Dec 1st you begin the germination process and no sooner.. and I now fully understand that it would ruin the competition if we all started a few days early ya know..

Does it matter if we use Auto Flowering? or Photo Period?
How long will the contest run, this may be the deciding factor on AF or photo period?
Dec 1st to ______? I mean, it would suck to choose a long flowering reg strain..LOL
Are we going for best appearance? weight? height? color?
I think if we can define these parameters better we can choose more better what to enter.

And I'm sure it's just ONE entry per person right? (Grow off #1)

Last edited:
str8smokn

str8smokn

@Quagmire Don't go blasting your gun again too soon,
@Panacea79 just said....
Auto Diesels and 2 BRBS) so I may have two of ONE OR THE OTHER or ONE OF EACH! Obviously I'll let u guys know EITHER WAY via the 'Search for Red' thread. Peace

So your not alone so far. he just isn't sure what's female yet..I think.. So there might be two BRB hiding in his group..
STR8

str8smokn

str8smokn

@gravekat303 yea I have seen where you all were trying before.. To be honest I didn't even give it a thought at that time.. But I have collected some good bag seed ,I guess I can see what happens for shit and giggles..
Are you down with Autos?
You should check out his second challenge also.
STR8

Top Bottom