Competition Grow Off - Get Your Entries In Now!

• Thread starter Seraphim19
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
I've never ran an auto but would love to try. Lol yea our challenge died fast lol

str8smokn

str8smokn

I'm in the process of picking a good one.. I guess I need to research some of mine and check the flower times. huh?
STR8

S

Seraphim19

I know Seraphim stays quite busy so I'll jump in and respond to this for him.. I'm sure he won't mind.. please, nobody jump the gun on this one.

Dec 1st is THE DAY you start germination be it your method to drop it right into soil and water or paper towel, whatever.. I jumped the gun by just a few days last one and got me hand smacked... LOL. j.k. but yeah, if I know my M8te Seraphim, Dec 1st you begin the germination process and no sooner.. and I now fully understand that it would ruin the competition if we all started a few days early ya know..

Does it matter if we use Auto Flowering? or Photo Period?
How long will the contest run, this may be the deciding factor on AF or photo period?
Dec 1st to ______? I mean, it would suck to choose a long flowering reg strain..LOL
Are we going for best appearance? weight? height? color?
I think if we can define these parameters better we can choose more better what to enter.

And I'm sure it's just ONE entry per person right? (Grow off #1)
Thanks for helping out @Quagmire its nice to know you guy have got my back!
let me straighted out the queries for you all

I was planning auto grow offs to keep timing similar and so we can all learn from each other
So if you haven't got any try and get an auto seed in the next 10 days. there are plenty of cheap ones available
If people cant get an auto seed then let me know and we may have a photo section as well, but try and keep them to a short flowering cycle! no 12 weekers!

Prizes will be awarded in 3 categories
1. best yield
2. best appearance
3. most fun

first 2 are self explanatory, for the 3rd one let me give you an example. Last time I did this a guy filled a cup with soil and then emptied it into an old shoe and grew in the shoe, he won the most fun category

I will post up the prize list once we get stated and I have talked to mods

Calixylon

Calixylon

So is their a time limit in terms of flowering, and vegging? Would I be right in imagining you will be growing an auto? Also if its a male, are we out of the running, or can we throw a few fallbacks in the running?

Panacea79

Panacea79

@Quagmire Don't go blasting your gun again too soon,
@Panacea79 just said....

So your not alone so far. he just isn't sure what's female yet..I think.. So there might be two BRB hiding in his group..
STR8

Yeah, honestly I'm hoping that my seedlings are BOTH BRBS AND FEMALE! But, failing that, I'll take one brb female and I Auto d. Too. Bottom line is that I NEED FEMALES!!!! I'm d bating starting any other seeds that ARENT AUTO FEMS cuz I'm still trying to find out the perfect time table where I WONT have a gap in having at least a couple oz's dried, cured and ready AS WELL AS having plants in VARIOUS growth/flowering/harvesting stages. I really can't wait til my wife and I can either afford to RENT our own single family or, better yet, BUY THE NE. She's owned two already two houses so she's got some experience there but ALSO some me debt, not necessarily from not paying mortgages or anything but t.....anyway.
My credit cards snot the best but it's better than hers righ now. Basically I have borderline poor/slow credit but I DO hav a car in my name and every time I pay that it helps BOTH our credits and anyway, long story short; I believe you have a better chance securing a loan especially since it'll be my first time trying to buy a house, I've been told you get that 'one time only' FIRST TIME HOMEBUYERS LOAN treatment. Sorry, I got way ahead of myself and TOTALLY off topic but....yeah, I'm anxious and excited to have a home that's ALL MINE!! no neighbors above or below me and a yard to mow. Later guys!
Updates AND PICS SOON on n my little seedling....

Panacea79

Panacea79

I know Seraphim stays quite busy so I'll jump in and respond to this for him.. I'm sure he won't mind.. please, nobody jump the gun on this one.

Dec 1st is THE DAY you start germination be it your method to drop it right into soil and water or paper towel, whatever.. I jumped the gun by just a few days last one and got me hand smacked... LOL. j.k. but yeah, if I know my M8te Seraphim, Dec 1st you begin the germination process and no sooner.. and I now fully understand that it would ruin the competition if we all started a few days early ya know..

How long will the contest run, this may be the deciding factor on AF or photo period?
Dec 1st to ______? I mean, it would suck to choose a long flowering reg strain..LOL
I think if we can define these parameters better we can choose more better what to enter.

All great questions, Quag I'd like

ALL GREAT QUESTIONS, QUAG! One more thing regarding measuring who WINS is, i would think, YIELD purely cuz the biggest, imo, variable or whatever is the SIZE OF THE CONTAINER BEING USED, therefore, to me, if someone can pull a POUND out of a kegger cup sized plant I'd say, beyond that being MIRACULOUS.....we have a WINNER!!! LOL!!

Calixylon

Calixylon

I think it should be quality, and the most visually appealing specimen. Yield is going to be all over the place if people are using autos, reg, fems, and whatever strain they choose

str8smokn

str8smokn

ALL GREAT QUESTIONS, QUAG! One more thing regarding measuring who WINS is, i would think, YIELD purely cuz the biggest, imo, variable or whatever is the SIZE OF THE CONTAINER BEING USED, therefore, to me, if someone can pull a POUND out of a kegger cup sized plant I'd say, beyond that being MIRACULOUS.....we have a WINNER!!! LOL!!

Man if anybody gets 2 oz off a 12 oz cup I will be blown away to be honest .
But I'm ready ..
I think it should be quality, and the most visually appealing specimen. Yield is going to be all over the place if people are using autos, reg, fems, and whatever strain they choose
@Seraphim19

That was my question also.. I'm all out of femd Autos so I will be starting six seeds to hope for a female,on top of just a better germ chance too.
I'm getting my shit in order ..
STR8

str8smokn

str8smokn

So I guess I will just have six plants in 12 oz cups and as soon as they show sex I will pick one female (if I end up with more then one). And Use her ..
STR8

THCdurk

THCdurk

I got a female holy grail 69 goin rn but it's already a week old... so I gotta order some shitt

str8smokn

str8smokn

choose wisely,my friend.... I'm interested to see what everybody is going to run..
STR8

Top Bottom