Congrats Colorado, the new Amsterdam

• Thread starter azmmjadvocates
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kolah

from above:
=======================
The sheriff of the county including Aspen was sanguine about the prospects of pot-smoking visitors.
"For me, it's going to be live and let live. If people want to come to Colorado because pot is legal — and that's the sole reason — it's up to them," Pitkin County Sheriff Joe DiSalvo told The Aspen Times. "I am not the lifestyle police."
==========================

Give this sheriff a fucking cigar. :) Now get him to tell the feds to fuck off.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

It seems that way, because it was...A silent majority huddled around their lone flickering lightbulb in East German USA, listening to the broadcast on the BBC :)

And I'm sure there are plenty of owners who didn't want it to pass, but the ones who felt they were in line for RETAIL? It's the next progression. Those who are happy with the niche they carved out in the current system, and hoping to rape it hard for 10 years like Cali did....But that won't happen here.
I don't know where all the funding in CO came from, but OR from Ganjapreneur Paul Stanford, WA I don't know either (lots with LEAP, MPP, ect). But many of those organizations get funding from pot growers/collectives/dispensaries, not just ordinary citizens/smokers.
That fact is for as many money/power hungry people there are in the biz (wannabe scarfaces or Nancy Botwins), there are an equal amount for which money is just a tool to fight the opposition. And then everyone in between is just trying to retire comfortably.

And who about hash bars with water cooled dabs. I could see it.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

Sorry, I was wrong. MPP did most of the funding...But there are certainly MMJ dollars from someone that flow there...For some this 'War on Drugs' hasn't been about just money. Kinda like when you bomb a village in Pakistan, you tend to polarize people on an issue.

Oh yeah, gotta remember to get Progressive. May be a little more than Geico, but that's a company I can believe in!

fractal

fractal

And while wholesale prices drop and drop, the patients are still paying 50-60 for an eighth and 350 for an ounce. What the fuck is up with that? At the prices you guys are talking about the clubs should be selling top shelf for 25 an eighth. Otherwise that is not a fair pricing structure.I guess patients are totally ignorant to the cannabis economy.

DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

And while wholesale prices drop and drop, the patients are still paying 50-60 for an eighth and 350 for an ounce. What the fuck is up with that? At the prices you guys are talking about the clubs should be selling top shelf for 25 an eighth. Otherwise that is not a fair pricing structure.I guess patients are totally ignorant to the cannabis economy.

Are you in CO, because if so you'd be aware that you not talking to clubs with any over head or employee's. Clubs don't do business with private growers.

azmmjadvocates

azmmjadvocates

The way I see it is it's all positive, yes the feds will likely do something, but the bar is set much higher now so settling with MMJ state laws will be more acceptable. Here in my state the meddlers now have another message they will receive, keep fighting us on MMJ and we will vote for full out legalization. My biggest issue is being able to cultivate myself, I'm a firm believer that KNOWLEDGEABLE, skilled, small growers do produce better meds, I think that is a given, and not just better but cheaper if you mix your own nutes and are very efficient. Why should i have to pay out the ass if I can grow cheaper, same as alcohol, I can make wine. Out of that legal argument when the dust settles people should be able to grown their own, the same a wine or beer.

So it's in the Feds hands, I see it like feeder fish swimming with the sharks, yes they can take some down, but do they, and will they have the resources to change public sentiment, desire and persistance? I don't think so, this is the first of the coffin nails, and since it's been Americas drug policy pushed on the rest of the world, it's great that we are first to make the statement of full out legalization anywhere in the world.

I just hope we can all have peaceful and respectful dialogue amongst ourselves. One thing for sure is hold on for the ride.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

"The home county of Aspen approved the marijuana measure more than 3-to-1. More than two-thirds approved marijuana in the home county of Colorado’s largest ski resort, Vail. The home county of Telluride ski resort gave marijuana legalization its most lopsided victory, nearly 8 in 10 favoring the measure."

8 out 10 voter in Telluride pot friendly...
Hmmm.....

Nah, I like it where I am. But another destination for the "I'm moving to Colorado" group.

“Colorado’s brand will be damaged, and we may attract fewer conventions and see a decline in leisure travel,” Visit Denver CEO Richard Scharf said in a statement before the vote."

I forgot about the business crowd. "If it can't be snorted off a hooker's teet." Jon Stewart.

azmmjadvocates

azmmjadvocates

The New Amsterdam,???, thats all we need.
Been there no thanks...
KISS... Keep it simple stupid...People...

Wow that sucks that you had a bad trip in Amsterdam, a friend of mine use to go every year until they started the tourist revolt against all the revenue all of us brought them. Well I bet they will miss us soon. lol

Good thing this is happening now so all the other states can see the but load of tourism all of "US" not living in your state will contribute to the hotels, food, entertainment and yes, oh yes, some smoke. Providing the Feds allow this experiment to continue.

I'd like to do some hash again in the Rockies, like when I was 18 my friend scaring the shit out of me on the roads lol. I remember this huge rock looking down at the house that they filmed the shinning in. You had to jump from one stack of boulders to the other, I was so baked I couldn't move off that rock for hours. I never imagined at that time I would be writing this now, I'm nearly 50 now. Oh and we must not forget all the stoned skiing, the tourist that Gart Bros will be able to market to. So embrace this, however it turns out, the publicity your votes made is the talk of the nation.

azmmjadvocates

azmmjadvocates

Alright its legal . Where can I buy some if you want to smoke to celebrate ? Is there a store now ? Where is the weed store?

I doubt anyone would bust you at this point if you light up in a private place, hell I think I can see the cloud from my state just inhale lol.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

Technically it doesn't take effect until the Gov signs it in the next 30 days or so....
But I don't think any jury in Colorado would uphold such a case, except maybe in the Springs? If they were really good at choosing the jury.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Colorado Reps. DeGette, Perlmutter And Polis Seek State Exemption From Federal Pot Prohibition Laws

The Colorado Independent | By Scot Kersgaard Posted: 11/10/2012 2:31 pm EST Updated: 11/10/2012 3:12 pm EST

From The Colorado Independent's Scot Kersgaard.
In the wake of this week’s historic vote to legalize marijuana in Colorado, the state’s three Democratic U.S. House members are drafting legislation aimed at easing the tension between the new state law and longstanding federal prohibition of the drug.
Congressional staffers told the Independent that Colorado Reps Diana DeGette (CD1), Ed Perlmutter (CD7) and Jared Polis (CD2) are working independently and together on bills that would exempt states where pot has been legalized from the Controlled Substances Act.
DeGette Chief of Staff Lisa Cohen told the Independent that proposals the representatives are working on would alter section 903 of the act to allow states to establish their own marijuana laws free from federal preemption.
Coloado’s Amendment 64 passed by a wide margin on Election Day. It legalizes adult use and possession here and would establish retail marijuana sales.
The state legalized medical marijuana years ago and the industry has boomed in recent years.
Rep Polis introduced a bill in 2011 that would have exempted the state from federal interference but that bill failed to pass.
News that the lawmakers were working now on exemption appeared this morning in a Denver Post editorial.
Washington state also legalized marijuana on Tuesday, and the spokespeople for Perlmutter and DeGette told the Independent the lawmakers expect to gain support for their proposal on the Hill by working with the Washington State delegation, congressional reps from medical marijuana states, as well as a broader coalition of representatives who believe in greater states’ rights or who support easing federal marijuana laws.
They added that the Democratic lawmakers will also reach out to Colorado’s two Democratic senators and its four Republican congressmen.
“Ed feels it is important to align state and federal laws whenever possible and he has been working on this for weeks.” said Perlmutter Spokesperson Leslie Oliver. “When state and federal laws conflict on marijuana, Ed thinks states should get a waiver.
“There are a lot of people in congress who think that states should be able to decide such things for themselves,” she said this morning by phone.
Oliver said a lot of the opposition to Amendment 64 was centered on the state-federal conflict and the difficulty of implementing a state law that conflicts with federal law.
“This [news] is outstanding,” said marijuana attorney and activist Rob Corry. “I am just ecstatic that our congressional delegation is taking the lead on this and getting on it right away.”

azmmjadvocates

azmmjadvocates

Voters in Colorado have something very big to be proud of. Hell, I wish I was there just to say that I voted for it. Colorado and Washington have picked up the ball and charged forwards. In football terms, I call it a "bull rush" on a QB Pres. To continue the football analogy, Obama has thrown some interceptions. Now that anti-legalization offensive line has left our QB Pres unprotected. He came close to being sacked last night. Let us hope he will show up and play during the second half of this game. I think Colorado and Washington are facing the Feds in the ultimate Superbowl.
By the way, thanks for taking the attention off California. For the Cause!

Amen brother, i hope so much Obama doesn't let us down, it's all riding on the orders he gives the justice dept. He's got the power to see what happens in CO by just letting it be and see if it goes nuts. One law professor there said they have to do something because it's going to be chaos with one state legalizing and another not. Well actually no, because this has been status quo for many years inching it's way to full legalization.

it hasn't been chaotic with states that vote no, only in the states that vote yes and politicians obstruct, but that is to be expected, it's the emperor wears no cloths in the sense of Hans christian Andersons story. The verry point that Herrer was making in his book, America and the world are seeing the emperor is naked, we are seeing and hearing the truth.

azmmjadvocates

azmmjadvocates

What's really funny is that 1,238,490 Coloradans voted for Obama, and 1,291,771 Coloradans voted for Amendment 64.

I think it's pretty hilarious that pot got more votes than the president. But that's just me.

I think the message in that should be to the Republican party, "fight tooth and nail croud" is it's a bipartisan issue. Romney and the Republican conservatives took that and the Ron Paul crowd for granted.

coloradochem

coloradochem

Colorado Reps. DeGette, Perlmutter And Polis Seek State Exemption From Federal Pot Prohibition Laws

The Colorado Independent | By Scot Kersgaard Posted: 11/10/2012 2:31 pm EST Updated: 11/10/2012 3:12 pm EST

In the wake of this week’s historic vote to legalize marijuana in Colorado, the state’s three Democratic U.S. House members are drafting legislation aimed at easing the tension between the new state law and longstanding federal prohibition of the drug.
Congressional staffers told the Independent that Colorado Reps Diana DeGette (CD1), Ed Perlmutter (CD7) and Jared Polis (CD2) are working independently and together on bills that would exempt states where pot has been legalized from the Controlled Substances Act.
DeGette Chief of Staff Lisa Cohen told the Independent that proposals the representatives are working on would alter section 903 of the act to allow states to establish their own marijuana laws free from federal preemption.
Coloado’s Amendment 64 passed by a wide margin on Election Day. It legalizes adult use and possession here and would establish retail marijuana sales.
The state legalized medical marijuana years ago and the industry has boomed in recent years.
Rep Polis introduced a bill in 2011 that would have exempted the state from federal interference but that bill failed to pass.
News that the lawmakers were working now on exemption appeared this morning in a Denver Post editorial.
Washington state also legalized marijuana on Tuesday, and the spokespeople for Perlmutter and DeGette told the Independent the lawmakers expect to gain support for their proposal on the Hill by working with the Washington State delegation, congressional reps from medical marijuana states, as well as a broader coalition of representatives who believe in greater states’ rights or who support easing federal marijuana laws.
They added that the Democratic lawmakers will also reach out to Colorado’s two Democratic senators and its four Republican congressmen.
“Ed feels it is important to align state and federal laws whenever possible and he has been working on this for weeks.” said Perlmutter Spokesperson Leslie Oliver. “When state and federal laws conflict on marijuana, Ed thinks states should get a waiver.
“There are a lot of people in congress who think that states should be able to decide such things for themselves,” she said this morning by phone.
Oliver said a lot of the opposition to Amendment 64 was centered on the state-federal conflict and the difficulty of implementing a state law that conflicts with federal law.
“This [news] is outstanding,” said marijuana attorney and activist Rob Corry. “I am just ecstatic that our congressional delegation is taking the lead on this and getting on it right away.”

Go get em boys!

azmmjadvocates

azmmjadvocates

I sure wish our political representatives and officials here in Arizona had the Balls to speak up and try to defend us, however they do the opposite. You have some elected officials to be proud of

Top Bottom