Congrats Colorado, the new Amsterdam

• Thread starter azmmjadvocates
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mr duder

Plus the Supreme Court has already ruled that Medical can be regulated by the Feds. Don't think when we revisit it in the Supreme Court that its going to change.

green punk

green punk

There will be your Budweiser/PBR grade and there will be a craft brew grade. Grow your own and live peacefully and who cares about the prices, cuz you don't have to pay. I can only imagine whats going to happen with genetics. Does the law allow plant and seed sales?

sky high

sky high

4K in 2008.

grit offered the gig on current pricing above. I know folks still commanding the 2008 price as well up here in the hills. Long story short....it's what it is and who it is buying it. Probably the biggest difference I see/hear about between 2008 and today is volume. Folks just aren't moving as much as fast...or growing as much (IMO) as they were "back then".

MC's dumping pounds at low prices isn't unheard of...and sales by FOOLS fuels the slow sales for regular folks..for sure. There are warehouses full of weed...some good..some not so good....but as it has always been...if you sell big you just don't get as much per unit anyway...and chances are the units goin for those 16'ish #'s are the wares grown when it was 110F inside those warehouses and most of em were makin hay...not dank. I saw some OD that was 16....Blue Dream.... was OK..but had that OD look/not nearly as many trichs and was more like weed of old than some nice, flavorful dank like I force myself to smoke. :D

To each their own though. I mean...we smoked brickweed for years cus it was all there was..and I'm sure if 16 weed is out there today and it it all that is available...some cheap fuck will gag it down just as readily as we did with the brick of old......

Like I say....it all depends on what it is and who's buyin' it.

K

kolah

Hey..maybe there's a good market for brickweed.

Dry your shit and hydraulic press the entire fucking plant, stems, fan leaves, bud, bugs, whatever, etc.

No fuss no muss...no trim and quick turnaround. People love generic crap.

fractal

fractal

I'm not personally getting anything for anything because I'm not growing at the moment. But in Cali the price on top notch OG or Chem or Cookies is 24-28 minimum, lots of places are stilll paying 3 to 36 for the best quality heady nugs. Greenhouse stuff is low 2's and outdoor is mid to high teens up to 2, for AAA I am talking. Midgrade and lower the prices vary wildly. But yea a lot of people have no self respect, and can't grow the true top shelf grade stuff and are taking the lowball prices they are offered, without any complaint so that screws up the prices for everyone else. There really should be a grower's union that sends out leg breakers against growers who upset the price scale by not holding out for a good price, when they truly do have the top shelf goods. The union would break their leg or hand, and then pay them their typical lowball price they were accepting from the clubs. . . Then hold that product until it can be sold at its fair price for the quality by the union.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

holy shit! People will let fire go for cheap if they have to.
Same thing happened here with MMJ.
It will be interesting to see.
Holder stepping down. Depends on the Obama replacement.
I know there are plenty of people with balls running some of these MMJ ops and they have first dibs on retail. I wouldn't be surprised to see retail fairly commonplace in 2014.
Remember, more votes than Obama.
Or as the Westword said "keep your hands off our guns, liquor, water and weed".

And I'm on with what I think Dorje said, trying to figure out the base prices, especially the concentrates...That is the future market if the Front Range is any indicator, and Pepsi seems to think so.

Maybe Colorado is just some big federal test market concoction and that's why it's so cool??? We get to test out everything first.
Like 'Medical Blowjobs'.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

I'm not personally getting anything for anything because I'm not growing at the moment. But in Cali the price on top notch OG or Chem or Cookies is 24-28 minimum, lots of places are stilll paying 3 to 36 for the best quality heady nugs. Greenhouse stuff is low 2's and outdoor is mid to high teens up to 2, for AAA I am talking. Midgrade and lower the prices vary wildly. But yea a lot of people have no self respect, and can't grow the true top shelf grade stuff and are taking the lowball prices they are offered, without any complaint so that screws up the prices for everyone else. There really should be a grower's union that sends out leg breakers against growers who upset the price scale by not holding out for a good price, when they truly do have the top shelf goods. The union would break their leg or hand, and then pay them their typical lowball price they were accepting from the clubs. . . Then hold that product until it can be sold at its fair price for the quality by the union.
you must know the 'right' people, I mean some dispensaries pay that top dollar for 1 or 2 but wholesale is different, I think.....there is no way I would ever know for sure though, as I never have sold anything either!

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
I don't know personally, I am not there. Check out rare dankness thread I think he says himself something about the 16. Are you guys getting more? How much are you getting in CO? Can't imagine the absolutely best is not getting more, but how much? Top notch indoor OG goes for 2k at the stores in the bay, that much I know for sure! I would never let mine go for so little, but got a friend that runs a club and I got to watch them buy one day....holy shit! People will let fire go for cheap if they have to.

You are full of shit, they are paying 34 - 36 for OG Kush, GSC, etc.... at Harborside. You and your bullshit need to get the fuck out of this thread, and out of this forum. Many, many people in Colorado are still getting 28 - 3K for good indoor in Colorado. What Raredankness said was the price was HEADED for 1600, and that's just his opinion, he's one guy, he doesn't know everything. It's an opinion, that's it. WTF...... some strange ass ball swinging mother fuckers coming to Colorado soon!

sky high

sky high

anyone else confirm this

from here:

(3) Personal use of marijuana. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY OTHER PROVISION OF LAW, THE FOLLOWING ACTS ARE NOT UNLAWFUL AND SHALL NOT BE AN OFFENSE UNDER COLORADO LAW OR THE LAW OF ANY LOCALITY WITHIN COLORADO OR BE A BASIS FOR SEIZURE OR FORFEITURE OF ASSETS UNDER COLORADO LAW FOR PERSONS TWENTY-ONE YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER:
(a) POSSESSING, USING, DISPLAYING, PURCHASING, OR TRANSPORTING MARIJUANA ACCESSORIES OR ONE OUNCE OR LESS OF MARIJUANA.
(b) POSSESSING, GROWING, PROCESSING, OR TRANSPORTING NO MORE THAN SIX MARIJUANA PLANTS, WITH THREE OR FEWER BEING MATURE, FLOWERING PLANTS, AND POSSESSION OF THE MARIJUANA PRODUCED BY THE PLANTS ON THE PREMISES WHERE THE PLANTS WERE GROWN, PROVIDED THAT THE GROWING TAKES PLACE IN AN ENCLOSED, LOCKED SPACE, IS NOT CONDUCTED OPENLY OR PUBLICLY, AND IS NOT MADE AVAILABLE FOR SALE.

Um....it's a bit worse than just "enclosed, locked space" from my reading of the added "not conducted openly or publically".... but I'm sure folks will figure out a way to get around it all before the next Summer :rolleyes:

970mtnrider

I am pretty sure that a greenhouse would fall into the "requirments" stated above. We all know that this is still open to A LOT of litigation. Time will tell.

true grit

true grit

Ya Cali kids can still crush mid 3's for packs and packs all day if you got the goods. The key will be folks not caving in on price...but i see a whole new market of consumers with money that never even stepped into a med facility where folks tend to feel entiteled to a deal on them because they are MEDS...now its for pleasure for many folks and they will pay for it...

I'm with dopegeist- I had already heard that mmc's will get first dibs on retail and they were already getting told that during this whole process if it were to pass...so seems the seed was already planted by mmed and such. i do see retail happening sooner than expected to some folks.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

Well funded campaign contributions don't come from anywhere. All the campaigns were funded with MMJ dollars.
Holder is stepping down, probably tired of being in the crosshairs.
Next AG is going to dictate the 2nd term policy of Barry.
One thing I learned is that there are all sorts of folks in the biz. Whether they are motivated by money, moral obligation, excitement, or other...They are there, and they are many.
Anyone on here who owns are knows owners is saying the same thing, they are going balls to the wall, why not, they have already put up with this much bullshit.
Not all luxuries are the same, price differentiation will happen, location also...
You can pay under a dollar for a Bud from the liquor store, or you can pay $8 at the game.
How much do you think a dab will cost at the titty/cigar bar??? Yes, you can still smoke indoors in Denver...
And now that anyone over 21 can posses and smoke MJ?
Friendly gathering places will be inevitable.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I agree that prices will continue to slowly fall over time. I also agree that the streets will run with crappy bud. Sounds to me that the guy with great ganja will still come out of all this smelling like a... skunk. Filthy STINKING rich skunk.

Smells GOOD to me!!

soserthc1

soserthc1

12 bucks a zip, ill take your entire next crop and i'll even give you 15 .....lol

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

You are full of shit, they are paying 34 - 36 for OG Kush, GSC, etc.... at Harborside. You and your bullshit need to get the fuck out of this thread, and out of this forum. Many, many people in Colorado are still getting 28 - 3K for good indoor in Colorado. What Raredankness said was the price was HEADED for 1600, and that's just his opinion, he's one guy, he doesn't know everything. It's an opinion, that's it. WTF...... some strange ass ball swinging mother fuckers coming to Colorado soon!
whoa chill the fuck out man, seriously. Why are you offended because of what I have seen? Grow up buddy! Trust me last thing I am doing is moving to colorado, and like I admitted from co prices are heresay........if you are getting 3+ well fuck yeah, I am envious and you are killing it! Unfortunately, you were not there when I spoke with the dude (raredankness), but that is what he said to me in person and on a forum too, may be on another site though. As for prices in cali, I saw what I saw at the store in the bay and that was in berkely...od top notch 1400-1000, fire indoor og 2000! flood season. i will go to harborside today, because if you are right....welll then. Anywhere outside of a store people are in the low the low two's for indoor right now, and outdoor is going for as low as 800. I do not make these prices, nor am I in the least bit happy about it. But get fucking real, I lived here 5 years ago when good outdoor still fetched 3000 and indoor was in the low 4's, things have changed and they will continue with the continued loosening of laws. Try not to take any post so personal, it seems quite childish.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

And to not sway too far from the topic, once again congratulations Co and WA who knows what will happen now with this door blown open, but I am excited to be alive and see these horrible laws changing. Regardless of what happens on the economic side of things, I have too many friends sitting in prison over this sacred herb, that needs to stop immediately....I think we can all agree on that!

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Marijuana tourism looms large after election results

33FFB429F43252B64096E9B039C05B_h366_w650_m6_lfalse.jpg

Getty Images: Marc Piscotty. IMAGE: A man smokes marijuana in Colorado.
982D6AEBF1CE5941B27229F7C36C83_h17_w0_m6_lfalse.jpg
2 hr ago By Kristen Wyatt of Associated Press
The future of marijuana tourism in Colorado and Washington is hazy, but that hasn't stopped rampant speculation, especially in Colorado, where tourism is the No. 2 industry thanks to the Rocky Mountains and a vibrant ski industry.

DENVER — Hit the slopes — and then a bong?
Marijuana legalization votes this week in Colorado and Washington state don't just set up an epic state-federal showdown on drug law for residents. The measures also open the door for marijuana tourism.
Both marijuana measures make marijuana possession in small amounts OK for all adults over 21 — not just state residents but visitors, too. Tourists may not be able to pack their bowls along with their bags, but as long as out-of-state tourists purchase and use the drug while in Colorado or Washington, they wouldn't violate the marijuana measures.
Of course, that's assuming the recreational marijuana measures take effect at all. That was very much in doubt Friday as the states awaited word on possible lawsuits from the U.S. Department of Justice asserting federal supremacy over drug law.
So the future of marijuana tourism in Colorado and Washington is hazy. But that hasn't stopped rampant speculation, especially in Colorado, where tourism is the No. 2 industry thanks to the Rocky Mountains and a vibrant ski industry.
The day after Colorado approved recreational marijuana by a wide margin, the headline in the Aspen Times asked, "Aspendam?" referring to Amsterdam's marijuana cafes.
Colorado's tourism director, Al White, tried to downplay the prospect of a new marijuana tourism boom.
"It won't be as big a deal as either side hopes or fears," White said.
Maybe not. But many are asking about marijuana tourism.
Ski resorts are "certainly watching it closely," said Jennifer Rudolph of Colorado Ski Country USA, a trade association that represents 21 Colorado resorts.
Any plans for an adults-only après lounge where skiers could get more than an Irish coffee to numb their aches?
"There's a lot that remains to be seen," Rudolph said with a chuckle. "I guess you could say we're waiting for the smoke to clear."
The Colorado counties where big ski resorts are located seem to have made up their minds. The marijuana measure passed by overwhelming margins, with more support than in less-visited areas.
The home county of Aspen approved the marijuana measure more than 3-to-1. More than two-thirds approved marijuana in the home county of Colorado's largest ski resort, Vail. The home county of Telluride ski resort gave marijuana legalization its most lopsided victory, nearly 8 in 10 favoring the measure.
"Some folks might come to Colorado to enjoy some marijuana as will be their right. So what?" said Betty Aldworth, advocacy director for the Colorado marijuana campaign.
Washington state already sees a version of marijuana tourism.
Every summer on the shores of the Puget Sound, Seattle is host to "Hempfest," which according to organizers attracted around 250,000 people over three days this year. For those three days, people are largely left alone to smoke publicly at a local park, even as police stand by.
"People travel to Seattle from other states and countries to attend Seattle Hempfest every year to experience the limited freedom that happens at the event," said executive director Vivian McPeak. "It's reasonable to assume that people will travel to Washington assuming that the federal government doesn't interfere."
McPeak draw parallels to Amsterdam where an annual "Cannabis Cup" attracts tourists from all over the world and Vancouver, British Columbia, which has lax marijuana rules that have spawned marijuana cafes drawing travelers.
Amsterdam's marijuana tourism in a hazy spot these days, though. The incoming Dutch government suggested a national "weed pass" that would have been available only to residents and that would have effectively banned tourists from Amsterdam's marijuana cafes. The "weed pass" idea was scrapped, but under a provisional governing pact unveiled this week, Dutch cities can bar foreigners from weed shops if they choose.
Should the American laws stand, McPeak foresees the same happening to Seattle.
Marijuana "has been an emerging market in some states. It's reasonable to assume that entrepreneurs will try to take advantage of this in a new way."
In Denver, some feared that the Colorado marijuana vote could deter tourists, not to mention business visitors.
"Colorado's brand will be damaged, and we may attract fewer conventions and see a decline in leisure travel," Visit Denver CEO Richard Scharf said in a statement before the vote.
Colorado's governor opposed the measure but said after its passage that he didn't envision marijuana tourism materializing.
"I don't think that's going to happen," Democratic Gov. John Hickenlooper said.
"They're going to flock here to buy marijuana as if they're going to take it back? On an airplane? That seems unlikely to me. I think those kinds of fears are overblown."
Colorado's measure specifically bans public use of the drug. But guidelines for commercial sales are still to be worked out. The state's 536 medical marijuana dispensaries are banned from allowing on-site consumption, meaning patients have to take the drug home with them. But lawmakers could set different rules for recreational marijuana shops, including the possibility of marijuana cafes.
Marijuana backers downplayed the impact on tourism. Aldworth pointed out that pot-smoking tourists wouldn't exactly be new. Colorado ski slopes already are dotted with "smoke shacks," old mining cabins that have been illicitly repurposed as places to smoke pot out of the cold. And the ski resort town of Breckenridge dropped criminal penalties for marijuana use two years ago.
"Some folks come to Colorado and enjoy some marijuana while they are here today," Aldworth said.
The sheriff of the county including Aspen was sanguine about the prospects of pot-smoking visitors.
"For me, it's going to be live and let live. If people want to come to Colorado because pot is legal — and that's the sole reason — it's up to them," Pitkin County Sheriff Joe DiSalvo told The Aspen Times. "I am not the lifestyle police."

Top Bottom