Constantly Changing Temp In Tent??

• Thread starter MrKush415
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MrKush415

MrKush415

Hey Everyone,

I have a 5x5 tent with AC ducting into the tent.

I have a constantly changing temp. of 4.5 degrees (70F - 74.5F). I recently found 2 out of 5 hermed (1 was a bagseed and 1 was a fem seed). I was wondering if this could have contributed to it.

I have the AC on temp control since it's outside the tent. It takes around 4.5 minutes for the actual AC to turn (not just the fan).

I know constantly changing temps aren't good, but was wondering since its only a 4.5 degree change and it's in an optimal temp range (nothing extremely high or low) it's ok or do I need to find a way immediately to stabilize it?

The plants don't look stressed at all to the eye, they look very healthy. As I stated above I did find 2 herms around week 2 of flower.

Thanks

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Probably genetics with a bag seed, people dont generally sell properly pollinated buds to smoke so its usually a herm seed with a bagseed.
You should be cooling the room that the tent's in, not the tent, that can blow cold air directly on your plants.

Muzungu

Muzungu

Would a 50 degree Fahrenheit swing between lights on/off cause issues? I've had drooping and cupping on my 8 week veg White LSD. I think there's an overwatering issue and im out on PH by .3-.5 but wondering whether the drastic swing in temps could also be causing some stress. All thoughts welcome!

Monster762

Monster762

50 degree change from light to dark is s bit much but not necessarily bad. I would try to keep a little less drop than 50f if you can. And ph off .3-.5 might be ok too depends what you mean by off. Is it staying between 5.8- 6.8 no higher too alkaline is worse than too acid in my experience. Slightly acid actually works better than a flat 7.0. assuming in soil. I think slightly lower than that for hydro but have no experience there yet

Monster762

Monster762

Hey Everyone,

I have a 5x5 tent with AC ducting into the tent.

I have a constantly changing temp. of 4.5 degrees (70F - 74.5F). I recently found 2 out of 5 hermed (1 was a bagseed and 1 was a fem seed). I was wondering if this could have contributed to it.

I have the AC on temp control since it's outside the tent. It takes around 4.5 minutes for the actual AC to turn (not just the fan).

I know constantly changing temps aren't good, but was wondering since its only a 4.5 degree change and it's in an optimal temp range (nothing extremely high or low) it's ok or do I need to find a way immediately to stabilize it?

The plants don't look stressed at all to the eye, they look very healthy. As I stated above I did find 2 herms around week 2 of flower.

Thanks
I doubt that temp change had anything to do with hermie. Temps should change. Especially from light to dark. Dark should be slightly cooler. Think of nature. That is what we are trying to imitate indoors.

Muzungu

Muzungu

50 degree change from light to dark is s bit much but not necessarily bad. I would try to keep a little less drop than 50f if you can. And ph off .3-.5 might be ok too depends what you mean by off. Is it staying between 5.8- 6.8 no higher too alkaline is worse than too acid in my experience. Slightly acid actually works better than a flat 7.0. assuming in soil. I think slightly lower than that for hydro but have no experience there yet

Muzungu

Muzungu

Thanks for the reply! In soil. PH is actually spot on. Just re-checked runoff and coming in at 6.4 against suggested max of 6.5 for that strain, so no issues there. EC on runoff is 1.6. Might be time to invest in a temp controller! You can see the cupping and drooping is quite severe. I did post a seperate thread yesterday and some learned members suggested overwatering is main issue which I tend to agree with. Was thinking though that excessive temperature fluctuations could be causing some added stress?

IMG 0817
IMG 0820
Monster762

Monster762

Yes drooping like that is usually overwatering. Make sure you have good drainage. I run 1/2 inch holes in 5 gal buckets then screen them with cheap coco liners from dollar store to stop the soil from running out

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
50f shift from day to night not bad??
30f night 80f day?
50f night 100f day?

Monster762

Monster762

30f night 80f day?
50f night 100f day?
Are you saying 50 degree change is ok? I'm confused here. I'm still learning but I know here if it hits 90 during day it won't go lower than 75-80 at night. Unless it pours rain. Then again weather here is for shit.

Monster762

Monster762

30f night 80f day?
50f night 100f day?
I was saying I wouldn't do it but i have no proof it's bad. I never tried it n don't plan to. I just wasn't going to say for sure it's bad n have someone jump on me about it not being bad.

Monster762

Monster762

I was saying I wouldn't do it but i have no proof it's bad. I never tried it n don't plan to. I just wasn't going to say for sure it's bad n have someone jump on me about it not being bad.
I'm new to this especially indoor. I've never seen a change like that outdoor. But I've never seen 24 hrs light outdoor either. A lot I don't know here.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
50 degree temp change will kill a plant, from freezing to 80f or from 50f to 100f either way the plant wouldn't survive, even with co2
Maybe 40f to 90f but I highly doubt it...

Monster762

Monster762

50 degree temp change will kill a plant, from freezing to 80f or from 50f to 100f either way the plant wouldn't survive, even with co2
Yeah I didn't think it was ok.

Monster762

Monster762

Sp
eaking of co2 what is a realistic way to just add a little to a 4x4 room without a tank and controller n all? I'm not even sure if I can get a tank refilled in my state. I searched for weeks to find dry ice.

Monster762

Monster762

Sp

eaking of co2 what is a realistic way to just add a little to a 4x4 room without a tank and controller n all? I'm not even sure if I can get a tank refilled in my state. I searched for weeks to find dry ice.
I really don't want to start a whole thread about it to get a million ideas to confuse me more.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Sp

Ferment some sugar and yeast in your grow room, make some moonshine the byproduct of alcohol fermentation is co2.

Latest posts

Top Bottom