Converting to grow trees, need tips

• Thread starter ttystikk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Both. I could have thinned a lot more hands down, but also the tree had a 6ft canopy and a 1000w really only has a 4x4 spread. So the bottom 2 feet of the canopy was just small nugs. If I had cut off the bottom 2 ft and had a 4 ft canopy it probably would have been a lot better because all that energy would have gone toward the top nugs. This is what I do now, make sure the canopy is only the size of the spread of the light.

I was thinking about your set up gr33n, and this may work...

OXO
OXO
OXO

6 plants, with the double stacked thousands. This way your plants can grow 6ft tall, and once they are tall enough they should be 4ft wide as well. Then you have a 6 ft tall, 12 ft (3 plants x 4ft canopy per plant) wide canopy. Witht the 12 plant design above, the plants would have to be 6ft tall and 2 ft wide (you have a 12 x 12 room right?)

Iuno a lot if strains that will grow 6ft and not get wider than 2 ft.

You can EASILY get 12 potatoes from 12 plants this way. I could hit that with a couple of my varieties and I'm not even stacking bulbs. A 1k up above and a 600 underneath IMHO, if you can swing the additional amps and cooling power. Also, if you want to be all ninja.. :blackalien:.. you can put a row of 6 on the floor to maximize your space.

The plants will get wider than 2 ft. They will grow in to each other and with the right pruning you be left with a wall of massive colas.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
My flower rooms are 11'.5''x11'.5'' and if i got anything close to 18-20 potatoes i would jizz all over myself,have a heart attack and die on the spot cap,lol.Those are amazing results.

LOL!!!

Those aren't my results but I believe the person who posted it. It really is strain dependent. I don't think you could see those numbers growing a kush strain. There are lots of other very awesome strains that can produce these results though.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

^^^^That hexagon pattern looks like it would be awesome, great idea.

deniro

deniro

Take your hand and place it at the top of the canopy of a plant and let it sit there for 10 seconds if your hand gets too hot, it's too close to the plant(s).

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Take your hand and place it at the top of the canopy of a plant and let it sit there for 10 seconds if your hand gets too hot, it's too close to the plant(s).
lol, what does that have to do with this thread??

deniro

deniro

Going to school on this. When dropping vertical bulbs into the corners of a grow, does it make sense to have a reflector behind it? It seems to me that all the light going into the corner would otherwise be wasted.
I would say use a reflector on this one!!

K

kushtrees

Hahaha you can't rotate a tree. A wet 15g pot plus a 5ft tree is crazy heavy. Unless youre super strong you would need to put it on a stand that can rotate, kind of like a swivel chair, for that to be a possibility.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Hahaha you can't rotate a tree. A wet 15g pot plus a 5ft tree is crazy heavy. Unless youre super strong you would need to put it on a stand that can rotate, kind of like a swivel chair, for that to be a possibility.

Well, turns out that ain't always so. I saw a company with big gear driven turn tables that would easily accommodate such a pot. RDWC is pretty much a non starter still.

I'm of the opinion that if you get your lighting properly installed, you won't need to rotate the plants...

ttystikk

ttystikk

Ok, so the plan is- currently, at least- to do 4 vertical bulbs in the corners and one in the middle, for 5kW. The bulbs in the corners will be in hoods with the glass removed. Bare bulb in the middle, a hortilux thouie on a lunatic digital, I'll overdrive it to 1150w.

Four 27 gallon tuffboxes, each with two inlets and two outlets, the rest is my usual RDWC with top drip to encourage organic metabolism in the chow mix. Should be fun!

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Ok, so the plan is- currently, at least- to do 4 vertical bulbs in the corners and one in the middle, for 5kW. The bulbs in the corners will be in hoods with the glass removed. Bare bulb in the middle, a hortilux thouie on a lunatic digital, I'll overdrive it to 1150w.

Four 27 gallon tuffboxes, each with two inlets and two outlets, the rest is my usual RDWC with top drip to encourage organic metabolism in the chow mix. Should be fun!
Cant wait to see it!

K

kushtrees

Please let us know how the vert reflectors work. I will have to look into some adjust a wings if they work well.

Also I meant turning the plant on your own. That I tried for like 2 days in veg one time and gave up quick.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

vert lights in corners with reflectors, I am very interested in that. Cant wait to see the results :woot:

Again, good luck tty

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter

if the bulb has a reflector the plant will not be able to get as close. Food for thought on your spacing.

Top Bottom