• Thread starter detroitjoe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Stores don't have any toilet paper/hand sanitizer/disinfectant products on there shelves. People are over-buying like we need to hunker down for months. We simply need to limit close social contact, raise personal hygiene/handwashing, and use common sense about travel.
Toilet paper? I don't get it, for thousands & thousands & more years people took a crap without TP have people forgot how to stay clean without TOILET PAPER wtf. Tooth paste last a long time a couple tubes should do it, conserve. If it gets down to it the govs will use Tshirt guns and shoot cans of chunky soup to us from mobile canons.😁😁😁

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
All stores in our area have the same bare shelves in the paper goods and disinfectant aisles. We just got back from stocking up. I only spent about $200 more than usual shopping this weekend.
We live out in the country and its very easy for us to go into lockdown. I was on virtual house arrest with no hips for 2 years out maybe 4 times to Doc appointments and that's it. We spent nothing over our normal buying in fact a bit less they were out of some things. I think out in the country we're more prepared for this potential lock down, city folks not so much and how the fk do you lock down the poor city folk? Homeless and people without enough money to have enough supplies to lock down?

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I have everything I need now except for the extra pack of toilet paper I wanted. I concentrated more on filling the deep freeze and the pantry. So, to answer your question ... I would have spent MAX another $20 on toilet paper and disinfectants if there were any to be had. I'm not out of anything ... not even hand sanitizer.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

We live out in the country and its very easy for us to go into lockdown. I was on virtual house arrest with no hips for 2 years out maybe 4 times to Doc appointments and that's it. We spent nothing over our normal buying in fact a bit less they were out of some things. I think out in the country we're more prepared for this potential lock down, city folks not so much and how the fk do you lock down the poor city folk? Homeless and people without enough money to have enough supplies to lock down?

Moneys tight for this emergency for us out here in the woods. And business is about to get slow for both of us.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I sat down to eat my lunch in front of the tv only to find out my county is now limiting occupancy in bars and restaurants to 50% capacity ... and because of the state-wide emergency orders, business owners who don't comply will be subject to criminal charges ....

Wow, tightening the screws already.

the rrock

the rrock

good for Y'all,,been thru all this before multiple times(before social media) so while everyone panics,I can relax and spend some quality time with the Gkids(no school wooohooo) Our family has all the essentials already.My kids are both teachers so their off also,hopefully rain will stop and we can spend some time at the beach(davenport or las selvas are within 20 mins). Not sure how other countries are doing, but I have faith in our government and the actions theyre taking to kill this"pandemic.In 45 days or less this thing will be an afterthought IMO

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Huh, I just saw this thread. Been busy getting ready to... honestly, continue the status quo of not really leaving the house, staying home, and taking care of the plants. It's planting season anyway.

Not worried about TP. I've got enough, and when that runs out I'll just install a dish sprayer to the water supply of the toilet and do things Thailand style. More refreshing anyway.

I've got a bunch of veggies growing, 20 pounds of brown rice, a fishing pole, and a stocked lake within walking distance. Self-sufficiency was the plan all along.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

good for Y'all,,been thru all this before multiple times(before social media) so while everyone panics,I can relax and spend some quality time with the Gkids(no school wooohooo) Our family has all the essentials already.My kids are both teachers so their off also,hopefully rain will stop and we can spend some time at the beach(davenport or las selvas are within 20 mins). Not sure how other countries are doing, but I have faith in our government and the actions theyre taking to kill this"pandemic.In 45 days or less this thing will be an afterthought IMO
We have NEVER EVER been thru anything like this before....and it's wishful thinking that it will just go away..I thought that that was dispelled a few weeks back, but I see that I was mistaken. If you doubt fauci....you will be in for a VERY rude awakening I am afraid..but as always..each to their own

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

We have NEVER EVER been thru anything like this before....and it's wishful thinking that it will just go away..I thought that that was dispelled a few weeks back, but I see that I was mistaken. If you doubt fauci....you will be in for a VERY rude awakening I am afraid..but as always..each to their own

We seem to be sliding pretty quickly to a state-wide lock down here. I have to wonder if they might close work for everybody next ... I'd like a vacation

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

All stores in our area have the same bare shelves in the paper goods and disinfectant aisles. We just got back from stocking up. I only spent about $200 more than usual shopping this weekend.
Just about the same..but I was mostly done 2 weeks ago and avoided the crush! The only thing that I bought out of the usual is a 30 day emergency food supply; which has a shelf life of 25 years. (a whole $65 which if can be found today, will sell for triple that.)

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Just about the same..but I was mostly done 2 weeks ago and avoided the crush! The only thing that I bought out of the usual is a 30 day emergency food supply; which has a shelf life of 25 years. (a whole $65 which if can be found today, will sell for triple that.)

Amazon and Walmart are cutting ties with the gougers. However, many of those items still remain hard to get.

I didn't mention this before ... Last week, I was in Texas. We were sent down to qualify some machines and were given the week to get it done. We've been doing this for a while so we had no problem getting the machines qualified on Tuesday during our first try. Wednesday we tuned the machines in even more. That evening, the NBA postponed the season, and then everyone else afterwards. We scrambled Thursday morning to get out of Texas ... flying to Detroit on short notice. The guy who sat next to me during that flight was from Seattle Washington. I hope he was truthful when he said he'd been on the road for a month ...

Last edited:
Timbo0716

Timbo0716

One thing American's are not buying and SHOULD is vitamins, to build up your immune system...A,B,C and D..always good to guard against sickness.!!!!! Shelves are full......................... 😁 😁 Look for the Immune on the box.

detroitjoe

detroitjoe

Life as we all know it; changing at an incredible rate of speed and it's not natural...and it seems as if it has a predistined agenda.

80+ microbiologists rubbed out; few quite recently.
Then you have a few that got caught stealing shit from Canada,the u.s. and China..all around October of 2019.
While they cleaned up loose ends, Microsoft guy bill Gates sponsors a pandemic simulation in new York... directed by John Hopkins medicine. it was an official exercise simulation
They simulated this very scenerio with various "heads"...they made fake news casts, etc.
Remember, all this and more is taking place but the average person has no clue what's going on.
It's called Event 201. Y'all should check it out really. The videos on YouTube are official...not some YouTuber talking shit.

Anyway, yea...why?

Why keep us inside.
Why re shuffle wealth.
Will our rights be reinstated???
Or.. is this going to turn out into another " war on " something. The war on terror and the war on Corona virus.
There was a serious shift in wealth at the top and now the average person is going to feel it.

What concerns me is all this fear and anger.

I can wipe my ass all day with fan leaves lol. I'm not concerned but it's the fear causing panic.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

The fear and panic has been caused by those that thought it was a hoax and then woke up to a mess.
I bet those fans will scratch your butt, and I am comfortable having TP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom