Corona virus and Marijuana

• Thread starter detroitjoe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Have you ever been homeless? Ever spent a day not knowing where you're going to sleep at night? There's a finite amount of things our brains can deal with and comprehend- Maslow's heirarchy of needs exists for a reason. Food, clothing, and shelter are the three things that most people need to realize their potential.

Honestly, spend a few days holding a sign someday after flu and give the money to charity. See how people look at you as an inhuman nuisance for existing where they don't want you. Bet you can't do three straight days of it.

Most homeless people are severely mentally ill and victims of incredible trauma. Most can't get a job because they don't have a mailing address. Most don't have access to medicine to treat the myriad effects of being homeless. Consider yourself lucky if you have no idea what I'm talking about.

If a 14 year old girl gets raped by her father and beaten by her mother for it and runs away from home, does she not deserve a safe place? If a 12-year old has to take their 8-year old brother out of their parents apartment because their mom is doing tricks for heroin, are they just supposed to die? These are not hypothetical situations, by the way.

While this is going on especially, let's at the very least have compassion for others less fortunate.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Yes indeed, but be realistic too.

I didn't say let's get taken advantage of ... If my next door neighbor, a retired gentleman, asked from across the fence for a roll of toilet paper/a couple of eggs/cup of sugar ... you get the idea ... I would help him out. If a stranger is knocking on the door, sorry, not answering.

I am seriously considering giving blood though. I heard there's a shortage.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

@Kanzeon
They need help, medication, and yeah a place to live. But all We've previously had were abusive psych wards and jails and neither worked.
We need better "Psych" wards, better meds better service but a empty house is no better than under a bridge to someone,who can't comprehend what they have.

Now this I can agree with. This is a sensitive subject for me since I was homeless for a couple months early last year. It's tough, especially with disabilities.

I have a tough time saying who'd be capable of what, you know? Of course there are people that need to live in assisted living facilities, but even those could be built in empty McMansions. At the end of the day I think there's a place in society for just about everyone that wants it.

Ideally we'd create a way to integrate homeless people (and people just out of prison/jail/rehab) into society in a productive way.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
There’s plenty of empty hotels for the homeless to hold up in till this blows over.
Good luck keeping them there.

Here’s the words of my 30 year old son when I brought it up to him “ I don’t give a fuck!”
He gave a fuck when I reminded him about his family members that could die.

Here’s the deal, in general the younguns don’t care.
The result will be hospitals filled to the max resulting in martial law.
They will not have a choice, plain and simple.
The country will be closed for 15-30 days.
You will do what they say when the national guard is patrolling your streets fully armed and in numbers.
I’ve actually brought this up to a youngin at work today.
He thinks he’s invincible and can take them on, Lol.
“I can hit a target from 600 yards” he says.
I said “what you gona do when they run you and your little semi auto AR over with a armored truck.
Arrogance’s gona get these kids in deep shit.
I said, “good luck, I ain’t cleaning up your bloody mess when your dead”.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Now this I can agree with. This is a sensitive subject for me since I was homeless for a couple months early last year. It's tough, especially with disabilities.

I have a tough time saying who'd be capable of what, you know? Of course there are people that need to live in assisted living facilities, but even those could be built in empty McMansions. At the end of the day I think there's a place in society for just about everyone that wants it.

Ideally we'd create a way to integrate homeless people (and people just out of prison/jail/rehab) into society in a productive way.
I was homeless and couch bound for a good portion of my early twenties. Strung out. I had a choice. Ten years later, clean, I know own a home. It IS possible with will power. Thanks for letting me share.
BurnZ

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
When I was growing up in So Cal in late 60's and 70's homeless was cool.

I do agree something needs to be done and much of it starts at the mom and dad (or one or the other, granny whatever) level in the beginning. All the homeless were born to some family.

Don't get me ranting on government sponsored out of wedlock births indoctrination.

Actually better, for lack of better word, nut houses with compassionate staff, and figure out where these folks stand in their situation, some are salvageable, some are not. The are nots are not better on the street. So what do we do?

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

There’s plenty of empty hotels for the homeless to hold up in till this blows over.

Here’s the words of my 30 year old son when I brought it up to him “ I don’t give a fuck!”

You will do what they say when the national guard is patrolling your streets fully armed and in numbers.
I said “what you gona do when they run you and your little semi auto AR over with a armored truck.

In not nearly as much details, I told one of the younger guys the same thing today ... Take it seriously or you won't have a choice, and with a lot less freedom than you have right now.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter

Btw. I am 31. And I do give a fuck.. I own a home, have a family, and have people who suffer from COPD and stuff. So I, unlike others, and doing what I can do to be cautious for us all. Thanks again for letting me share.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Actually better, for lack of better word, nut houses with compassionate staff, and figure out where these folks stand in their situation, some are salvageable, some are not. The are nots are not better on the street. So what do we do?

Reopen the mental institutions that used to house them until Reagan shut them in the '80s? Or just build them in empty mansions. 😄

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

We raised 'em. I got two. Society has more sway then we do and ya know what? We allowed that too. Our fault. We suck, eh?🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom