• Thread starter detroitjoe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
Glad I started this indoor season(January 31st) when I did. This is such a great hobby to have for this pandemic. I retain the right and the skills to grow the best medicine indoors for my personal consumption.

I said the same thing. Im notorious for bad timing, but I just may have gotten this one right. Insanely grateful for this place. The farm has really helped accelerate things for me.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

What is everyone doing about visitors? I think i will leave patients meds in the passenger side of my van and not invite anyone in until this thing is more contained. Then spray and wipe down the seat, dash and door and any donations left.

Ideas? Thoughts?

I ordered "delivery" yesterday because I didn't want to stand in line at a dispensary. It's the last I should have to buy for a long long while. Things are just beginning to ramp up. It's not safe to take extra chances right now ...

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I ordered "delivery" yesterday because I didn't want to stand in line at a dispensary. It's the last I should have to buy for a long long while. Things are just beginning to ramp up. It's not safe to take extra chances right now ...

It must be real different out here in the west woods. No such thing as delivery unless you mean stopping by a friends house on the way home. ;-)

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I've always wondered. I've never been to a dispensary here in Michigan. Is the smoke all that good? The kids say dispo weed is better. Any michiganders buy dispo weed? Is it as good as they say, or is it the Mylar bag? Lol

Once upon a time, before the state started trying to "regulate" the industry, there was truth that some of the "dispo" weed WAS better. You still had to look at it, smell it, etc ... because only SOME was better. This is from the days when dispensaries were getting just about all their products from caregivers.

Since then? It's been a long steep slope down on quality and a long steep slope up on pricing. So while quality is going down, prices are going up because the caregiver has virtually been eliminated from the market and the only players left seem to be in it for the $$'s. This motivated me to set up and start growing my own. I just wish I started sooner!

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

It must be real different out here in the west woods. No such thing as delivery unless you mean stopping by a friends house on the way home. ;-)

Not that way in the city ... I can send a text with my order and have it delivered to my door in 1/2 hr to an hr. Very pleased with the quality I received last night. This is most likely caregiver flowers and an end-around the state regulations. You won't find these guys on Weedmaps in my area.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Once upon a time, before the state started trying to "regulate" the industry, there was truth that some of the "dispo" weed WAS better. You still had to look at it, smell it, etc ... because only SOME was better. This is from the days when dispensaries were getting just about all their products from caregivers.

Since then? It's been a long steep slope down on quality and a long steep slope up on pricing. So while quality is going down, prices are going up because the caregiver has virtually been eliminated from the market and the only players left seem to be in it for the $$'s. This motivated me to set up and start growing my own. I just wish I started sooner!

Caregivers are not eliminated from the market. Just the retail stores. And in my opinion that is a market for noobs and lightweights. Fast turnaround is not good for marijuana. I havent been to a store since i had my first harvest 6 years ago.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Caregivers are not eliminated from the market. Just the retail stores. And in my opinion that is a market for noobs and lightweights. Fast turnaround is not good for marijuana. I havent been to a store since i had my first harvest 6 years ago.

I've been toking the peace pipe for almost 45 yrs. I guess you could say I'm a light weight compared to what I once was. I'm down to less than a 1/4 oz a week now. For the longest time, dispensaries were "good enough" for me. I've been mostly disappointed in the offerings lately ... I'd prefer not to have to rely on them anymore.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Not that way in the city ... I can send a text with my order and have it delivered to my door in 1/2 hr to an hr. Very pleased with the quality I received last night. This is most likely caregiver flowers and an end-around the state regulations. You won't find these guys on Weedmaps in my area.

No offence meant here just my opinion from 37 years in the “industry”.

Wait until you get past the learning curve and grow real high quality flowers. Took me a while to have the patience and care to truly get some potential out of these seeds and cuts. But no weed sold for commercial purposes will likely match it. Proper weed hits hard and lasts for hours. And it has not been sprayed with even preventative pesticides. Or pumped with nutes. And it tastes and smells smooth and strong. Takes too much time to do if money is the focus. And you can sell lesser flowers to most people. They want convenience and price before true quality.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Wait until you get past the learning curve and grow real high quality flowers. Took me a while to have the patience and care to truly get some potential out of these seeds and cuts. But no weed sold for commercial purposes will likely match it. Proper weed hits hard and lasts for hours. And it has not been sprayed with even preventative pesticides. Or pumped with nutes. And it tastes and smells smooth and strong. Takes too much time to do if money is the focus. And you can sell lesser flowers to most people. They want convenience and price before true quality.
Zero offense taken.

While I do believe with practice I will get better, these are not the first I've grown. Just the first in about 30-35 yrs. I think I am already capable of "besting" some of these dispensary offerings these days. Pesticides? None! Chemical nutes? Very very little. I prefer most of the nutes to be already in the soil. Taste and potency? I guess we'll see....

P.S. Left work today (given the option to do it without penalty). I told them I would let them know Monday morning if I'll be in.

jaguarlax

jaguarlax

Supporter
Here’s some comedy for ya this morning ladies and germs. 20 dollars for 100mg of tincture because they use their “nano tech”. $60 for 400mg vape carts and upwards of $50 for an eight of their top shelf. It’s borderline criminal down in the sunshine state.

52B4F27B 86B2 4CA3 849D BB1D767E267A
Madbud

Madbud

I can add that commercial weed is not vintage either. At least what i’ve seen is cured quickly and sold. While i grow year to year its nice to have anejo and reposado jars.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
For Michigan State, utility bills extended. Any due bills for power and Comcast gets extended. Best to get locked in now with out service interrupt.
Basically 2 months of free service.
Me, I'm calling everyone. Banks, creditcard, mortgage,insurance, everything.

Mass transit closed for the day
Gm plant workers got it....it's over

Save the cash for survival.

Meds are gonna shoot up in value.
Having meds is no different than having gold bars.

Doom is officially upon us
Extended bills!? No thanks I’d rather stay caught up. Besides my utility bill is 1k per month. I don’t think they are going to have mercy on me lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom