Status
Not open for further replies.
ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
right... scary! but check out this one if you hate sleep

Toxoplasmosis (Toxoplasma gondii)
here are some quick facts

This single-celled creature is perhaps the most famous of all host-manipulating parasites, perhaps because it operates close to home. It mainly infects rats and mice, in order to be eaten by a cat so that it can reproduce.

Between 30 and 60% of people are infected by T. gondii. But it's less clear that the parasite affects human behaviour. In 2006

Infected rats and mice lose their fear of the smell of cats, according to a 2007 study. Instead, they become attracted to a pheromone in the cats' urine. The animal becomes less likely to hide under the floorboards and more likely to sniff around its feline predators, putting the parasite on course for its ultimate destination: the cat's stomach.

now imagine some causing that switch to flip in humans like in the link @jaguarlax shared. fear of air, water, heights etc any normal fear we have that is inherit in our survival being removed. your afraid bees we got you covered, falling got that too, other humans always had that one, but you see how this would play out. perhaps some of the toilet seat lickers or spring breakers are already stuffering from something simalar? i hope i get afraid to smoke myself to death ?

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

not sure this is a reaction as much as a counter action. reaction is a knee jerk test, counter action you kick me in the shin i kick you in the balls

That one sounds like a chain reaction lol. Same concept and "chain reaction" better describes how nature has responded to our destruction of our environment.

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
So are we really supposed to believe these stories of med workers wearing hefty bags and crying for the camera.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

I see it happening a little differently but yeah.

Science fiction loves end of world/fracture of humanity stories. I've read/watched a lot of them. It's a genre I like .... I can imagine what you see could happen.

Message is still the same ... this is what we as humanity has done to ourselves.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

So are we really supposed to believe these stories of med workers wearing hefty bags and crying for the camera.

I believe it happened. I believe their message they were trying to convey is true ... I don't know if they were actually out of ppe or if it was more to bring light on their situation and what would/could be happening next ...

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Yeah I read it either yesterday or earlier this morning. I think the situation is real and dire. There would be shortages of supplies during a pandemic if a hospital is overwhelmed. Truth is you might run out of supplies during an event like this even in a well stocked market simply because hospital storage might not be adequate to hold enough of some supplies on site. The picture itself is likely staged to draw attention to the need for ppe and medical supplies.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Staged is wrong!

I can see their point. I can see yours too ... I'm not there witnessing this so I can't go as far as saying it's wrong. It could be a lot of things. including nothing more than a media spin. The only thing I can say is it's meant to influence people's thoughts and hopefully actions ...

SkunkyDunk

SkunkyDunk

Supporter
I can see their point. I can see yours too ... I'm not there witnessing this so I can't go as far as saying it's wrong. It could be a lot of things. including nothing more than a media spin. The only thing I can say is it's meant to influence people's thoughts and hopefully actions ...

The influence thing is wrong too, in my opinion.
We should be making decisions from facts.

ozarkgrey

ozarkgrey

Supporter
what's wrong is a 24 hrs news cycle. cnn actually shows reruns from the same day to ensure you are filled with fear and bad news. even the script is the same. example remember 9-11 and how we got all patriotic about firefighters and cops, now we are doing that with doctors and nurses. soon they will sell those defaced flags with a stripe for hospital workers, which by the way is a violation of the flag code!! i dig how 6 figure doctors compare themselves as being in a war! hah mother fucker what grunt has a porche ? GTFO and do your fucking job!!

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
what's wrong is a 24 hrs news cycle. cnn actually shows reruns from the same day to ensure you are filled with fear and bad news. even the script is the same. example remember 9-11 and how we got all patriotic about firefighters and cops, now we are doing that with doctors and nurses. soon they will sell those defaced flags with a stripe for hospital workers, which by the way is a violation of the flag code!! i dig how 6 figure doctors compare themselves as being in a war! hah mother fucker what grunt has a porche ? GTFO and do your fucking job!!
Well said bro!!

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

This is my take on the conspiracy angle: it is extremely comforting to have a boogeyman or men. It’s more comforting than this being random or an act of nature as the boogeyman has a face and can be stopped, kind of like the way Christians ascribe every thing they don’t like to Satan and satans desire. The problem with grand conspiracies is the necessity for multi generational homogeneity, essentially it requires children to have the same ideals and standard as their parents with little room for deviation. After growing for so long, and popping so many seeds I would argue that the genetic diversity of cannabis plants mirrors us humans and that would make a multi generational conspiracy difficult if not impossible to achieve. Don’t get me wrong, conspiracies happen but the scope seems to be limited in number of participants and time and place, people tend to take advantage of any given situation they’re in and certainly the billionaires, oligarchs, and lawmakers are going to fuck this country in the butt without lube, but it’s not old george soros is in a back room with Elvis, the queen, and notorious big planning mankind’s end. Imo

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

The influence thing is wrong too, in my opinion.
We should be making decisions from facts.

What if the facts are being represented correctly? All I'm saying is that we don't have enough to point fingers at the healthcare workers. It could be a lot of things ... including a well timed video and a reporter's spin on what is going on.

I've seen several posters talking about the media ... that does stir up a population. I'm not against the media portraying facts. I'm not even against using facts to influence. Sometimes we need to be influenced to do the right things.

I am against distortion of facts or lies to achieve an agenda. Which is what I think you're really against.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom