Council Of First Knowledge, Jedi Temple Training Facility

• Thread starter EventHorizan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wisher619

Wisher619

Still nada. I don't think it's my fault. I've germinated before and didn't have a success rate this poor... if the 9 I've planted... one has surfaced. Environment is 78 degrees @ 60-65% RH.
I would talk to the Big Dog
and see what he can do for you
that is a pretty poor success rate
sounds like they didnt take the seeds long enough
gotta take them atleast to 11-12 weeks

Toph420

Toph420

looks perfect

sweet i was worried cause i realized when @EventHorizan gave me instructions he said to only trim 1/4 of the stuff at the bottom until day 21 then do a full lollipop under the net but i did it all in one scrog & lollipop.. (about day 10)..

Ridiculously tired from last night, after i finished the scrog I went to lay down to try and sleep but my mind was still going 1000 mph cause i was just under the lights for like 3hours.. had to get up and smoke a joint at 130am so i could calm my mind down a bit..

Wisher619

Wisher619

sweet i was worried cause i realized when @EventHorizan gave me instructions he said to only trim 1/4 of the stuff at the bottom until day 21 then do a full lollipop under the net but i did it all in one scrog & lollipop.. (about day 10)..

Ridiculously tired from last night, after i finished the scrog I went to lay down to try and sleep but my mind was still going 1000 mph cause i was just under the lights for like 3hours.. had to get up and smoke a joint at 130am so i could calm my mind down a bit..
yup...I know exactly what you are talkin about
last night I smoked about 2g to the head to retard myself to sleep because my mind has been full speed ahead lately

MW7945

MW7945

I would talk to the Big Dog
and see what he can do for you
that is a pretty poor success rate
sounds like they didnt take the seeds long enough
gotta take them atleast to 11-12 weeks

I pm'd him a little bit ago. I know I'm no pro but the worst success rates I've had was 75% success...

11%... ouch. Now I'm kinda tempted to pop my blue dream seeds in some water tbh.

That being said, today I'm cutting out my lower scrog and taking fan leaves. I can definitely see why my tower stuff didn't get much light .Just solid leaves. And tbh I think it's partially the strain. Even towards the bottom it's just a ton of little guys. But together they make a pretty damn thick wall

Wisher619

Wisher619

I pm'd him a little bit ago. I know I'm no pro but the worst success rates I've had was 75% success...

11%... ouch. Now I'm kinda tempted to pop my blue dream seeds in some water tbh.

That being said, today I'm cutting out my lower scrog and taking fan leaves. I can definitely see why my tower stuff didn't get much light .Just solid leaves. And tbh I think it's partially the strain. Even towards the bottom it's just a ton of little guys. But together they make a pretty damn thick wall
so here is my rec on popping seeds
please dont take this the wrong way
I am not telling you how to do something
just how I have always done it

supplies
1. Glass
2. Paper Towel
3. Small tupperware with lid

directions
1. store seeds in refridgerator for 24 hours
2. Pour about 3oz of room temp RO water in glass
3. Place seeds inside glass
4. Place in warm dark enviroment (cupboard in kitchen)
5. after 12 hours have passed stir seeds then pop them down so they sink to the bottom
6. check after another 12 hours some should have cracked
7. if none have cracked leave for another 24 hours
8. if some have cracked , place paper towel in tupperware. Pour seeds and water onto paper towel. Fold paper towel over seeds and allow to soak. Drain excess water out of tupperware. Place lid on and place tupperware back in cupboard.
9. check seeds in 24 hours if poped and tails are out...it is time to place in coco...if not leave for another 24-48 hours

have had about 99% success rate for the past 20 or so years with this method

bicky studs

bicky studs

supplies
1. Glass
2. Paper Towel

directions
5. after 12 hours have passed stir seeds then pop them down so they sink to the bottom
8. if some have cracked , place paper towel in tupperware. Pour seeds and water onto paper towel. Fold paper towel over seeds and allow to soak. Drain excess water out of tupperware. Place lid on and place tupperware back in cupboard.
9. check seeds in 24 hours if poped and tails are out...it is time to place in coco...if not leave for another 24-48 hours

thanks wisher;) ur methods and opinions always on point and simple, its great.

i did a test run on my cloner last night, tbh the cuttings wer too small.... a cpl twigs annoying me at feeding, i wanted to keep the 1s ive been eyeing for the mums.
my root chamber staying at 78.5 down to 77 lights off so that good i think.
ro water ph'd to 5.7 with soft as a+b mix... 120ppm and 5ml/gal rhizo.
Left the vent on the dome right open cause temps wer to high in there, rh still above 80 like that tho....?
they wer droopy last night when i was done and now they all perky n standing so thats a good sign:D

MW7945

MW7945

supplies
1. Glass
2. Paper Towel

directions

This is essentially what I did the first time with these, but I think the water wasn't really that warm, as room temp was probably like 66-68. This time I didnt soak, so I get it might take longer. But environment is way better. Not giving up on them yet, but its been a week now I believe.

Anywho, going through and cutting off fan leaves right now, it just took me an hour and I'm not even done with one plant. I know I'm probably pretty slow as I'm being careful when handling but I have a few questions as to what I can do to avoid this in the future.

I know when Lollipopping next time i'll be taking the smaller branches. I definitely kept some I should've cut a long time ago. They just didn't provide. Most got choked out and are lime green towards the middle/bottom of the canopy. Probably just use those with the sugar leaf to get some hash or something. So that's an easy fix for next time, gotta learn somehow. The middle of my plants is just solid plant, no way in hell any light was getting down there.

Shit I think one of the lowest branches on the plant threw out almost 10 smaller branches. Some okay, some shit.

However:

Spectrum: Do you think the 3500K was partially to blame for them throwing so many leaves? Not just fan leaves, there's an assload of them on the buds too. Maybe get some 2700K for flower and slap them on next time?

Nutes: Was the 6:9 throughout a possible reason for this as well? I have CNS17 now, just curious if this played a role as nothing really changed from veg to flower for nutes. A lot of nitrogen

Wisher619

Wisher619

This is essentially what I did the first time with these, but I think the water wasn't really that warm, as room temp was probably like 66-68. This time I didnt soak, so I get it might take longer. But environment is way better. Not giving up on them yet, but its been a week now I believe.

Anywho, going through and cutting off fan leaves right now, it just took me an hour and I'm not even done with one plant. I know I'm probably pretty slow as I'm being careful when handling but I have a few questions as to what I can do to avoid this in the future.

I know when Lollipopping next time i'll be taking the smaller branches. I definitely kept some I should've cut a long time ago. They just didn't provide. Most got choked out and are lime green towards the middle/bottom of the canopy. Probably just use those with the sugar leaf to get some hash or something. So that's an easy fix for next time, gotta learn somehow. The middle of my plants is just solid plant, no way in hell any light was getting down there.

Shit I think one of the lowest branches on the plant threw out almost 10 smaller branches. Some okay, some shit.

However:

Spectrum: Do you think the 3500K was partially to blame for them throwing so many leaves? Not just fan leaves, there's an assload of them on the buds too. Maybe get some 2700K for flower and slap them on next time?

Nutes: Was the 6:9 throughout a possible reason for this as well? I have CNS17 now, just curious if this played a role as nothing really changed from veg to flower for nutes. A lot of nitrogen
so there are many posibilities as to why the plant threw a lot of leaves
main factor would be genetics

I flower under 35k cree and my GG4 produces no leaves at all and my high mountain afghanica is all leaf with tiny rock hard buds

as for next run

this is my advice

if you do this you may feel super freaked but the end result will be outstanding

before you flip to flower

strip literally everything off the plant except the top 4 nodes of every branch
and snip all branches that arent solid...as in anything bendy or limp so to speak....only solid branches....they grow large buds

this is my rec

this is what I do
has worked for many years

I now see many Commercial scale do this very technique

good luck

MW7945

MW7945

and snip all branches that arent solid...as in anything bendy or limp so to speak....only solid branches....they grow large buds

Won't freak me out at all, literally what I planned on doing next time lol.

seems like basically anything beyond that is underdeveloped and the flimsy ones especially have shitty buds on them. Unless they managed to make it to the top, then their top bud is a nice little thing.

So... Without the fan leaves, this plant is green as fuck again. Do I just go another week...? I'm hoping since I opened the plants up big time the little guys on the bottom getting some light for a week might help things out? I'll take pictures in a bit.. ridiculous how many leaves are still on there and how green everything is yet :(

Pink Kush and Sour D are both 10-12 week strains, but this was listed as 8-9.

Toph420

Toph420

so there are many posibilities as to why the plant threw a lot of leaves
main factor would be genetics

I flower under 35k cree and my GG4 produces no leaves at all and my high mountain afghanica is all leaf with tiny rock hard buds

as for next run

this is my advice

if you do this you may feel super freaked but the end result will be outstanding

before you flip to flower

this is my rec

this is what I do
has worked for many years

I now see many Commercial scale do this very technique

good luck

I could make a book with all of the screen shots i have of your posts hahaha...

Itzdwoodduhh

Itzdwoodduhh

Hello errrrbodddyyy, hope you al having a good day. Well i had to do a lil re-arraning in the tent today. The light was all the way up n the ladies were already within a foot of it soo i took out the dtw table i made n put the nute rez outside of the tent so the ladies have plenty head space when we flip to flower. Also just be alot easier to adjust and mess with the rez.
New manifold should be here today i also gonna get that dern leak took care of today.
As far as the epson treatment she got her first last night before lights out. Good news is looks like the new growth is starting to green up does it not? Guess they like this new lower ppm nute mix.
N i got the canopy leveled out for the most part now.

20180105 121631
20180105 121625
20180105 121612
MW7945

MW7945

Depressing af though. Seeing all that nasty underdeveloped shit on there. All of that could've been effort put into the good stuff on top. Definitely going to suffer in "smokeable" yield because of it. But, by the looks of it, there's still a good amount of good stuff on top.

Just sucks when you realize multiple oz's are basically trash :(

Wisher619

Wisher619

@Wisher619. Did you ever end up trying the masterblend 4-18-38? I've been thinking of giving it a go. Get the nute bill down to almost nothing.
I havnt yet
I just finished running this RX Green Solutions and I was in the process of ordering some masterblend or jacks....which are both really similar....when Rx sent me gallons more to keep running
but I will be getting some soon for my outdoor kratky method hydro lettuce I am gonna get goin in the next month

but the numbers for Masterblend look great for cannabis so we will see

Farmer P

Farmer P

Depressing af though. Seeing all that nasty underdeveloped shit on there. All of that could've been effort put into the good stuff on top. Definitely going to suffer in "smokeable" yield because of it. But, by the looks of it, there's still a good amount of good stuff on top.

Just sucks when you realize multiple oz's are basically trash :(

I did a massive defol last night at day 44 trying to get light down in there to ripen the lowers. Not sure if it's a good idea, but I like to experiment a little. I'm planning on two more weeks from today til chop. Gonna start flushing soon.

20180105 1013331
Farmer P

Farmer P

I havnt yet
I just finished running this RX Green Solutions and I was in the process of ordering some masterblend or jacks....which are both really similar....when Rx sent me gallons more to keep running
but I will be getting some soon for my outdoor kratky method hydro lettuce I am gonna get goin in the next month

but the numbers for Masterblend look great for cannabis so we will see
I'm thinking of starting with the 5 lb kit. Probably will last years lol.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073PG8T89/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?smid=A1A3MPEUS64FBE&psc=1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom