Not open for further replies.
Itzdwoodduhh

Itzdwoodduhh

for me
the same
I dont change my feed until they go i to flower
and then I adjust accordingly
as in up till slight tip butn then back off just slightly
But no ones ever told me what the max would be or whats high or low, just that we need to be around 700 atm. I think. Lol i just dont want to ever put too much in and cause lockout or anything like that. Or under feeding like i may be currently.

Wisher619

Wisher619

But no ones ever told me what the max would be or whats high or low, just that we need to be around 700 atm. I think. Lol i just dont want to ever put too much in and cause lockout or anything like that. Or under feeding like i may be currently.
lockout occurs with ph imbalance
you will be fine
When I start from seed
once the seed pops
I soak my coco in 18ml solution
then place the seed in the coco tail down
once the seed has broken I water with 18ml solution once every 2-3 days until I see a first TRUE set of leaves
I then bump watering to once a day
when the seed has grown enough to where the coco is 50% dry by the end of the day
I transplant to 1/2gal pots where the plant will spend the rest of its life

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Wrong thread lol
Actually right thread! Im all turned around..
I was replying to @Pain Releaf that that last pic, of the leaves really yellow on the outside rim of the whole leaf, I say he has the beginning stages of root rot (pythium)
I've seen that leaf many times myself..
It looks about the same as a leaf that is showing lock out...
He is in soil, and im not a soil guy, but im a good listener, and im willing to bet sometimes,,
so I say if he pulls that plant ouit the pot he will see brown roots.
I know for a fact that bacteria has a far greater chance, and usually attacks when you haver any lockout, esp if its ph is severly wrong and lastly he was watering soil everyday, and I promise that is what caused things to spiral out of control..
Fuck it, homie pull the plant out the pot and tell us what color the roots are and do they have an odor?
Best to be perfectly honest because that is the only way i can help...
nothing to be ashamed of, ive dealt with it a few times.. Almost every time in dwc except my first time.

Last edited:
Toph420

Toph420

Actually right thread! Im all turned around..
I was replying to @Pain Releaf that that last pic, of the leaves really yellow on the outside rim of the whole leaf, I say he has the beginning stages of root rot (pythium)
I've seen that leaf many times myself..
It looks about the same as a leaf that is showing lock out...
He is in soil, and im not a soil guy, but im a good listener, and im willing to bet sometimes,,
so I say if he pulls that plant ouit the pot he will see brown roots.
I know for a fact that bacteria has a far greater chance, and usually attacks when you haver any lockout, esp if its ph is severly wrong and lastly he was watering soil everyday, and I promise that is what caused things to spiral out of control..
Fuck it, homie pull the plant out the pot and tell us what color the roots are and do they have an odor?
Best to be perfectly honest because that is the only way i can help...

Was kind of thinking the same thing since he said he used some water that smelled somewhat funky. My rule of thumb is if you can smell it then its there and try to avoid using that water/solution..

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Was kind of thinking the same thing since he said he used some water that smelled somewhat funky. My rule of thumb is if you can smell it then its there and try to avoid using that water/solution..
i must of missed where he said that. I only made it half way thru the message..
But I would never use water/feed/inputs that had a funky smell..

Wisher619

Wisher619

i must of missed where he said that. I only made it half way thru the message..
But I would never use water/feed/inputs that had a funky smell..
I gave him some sound advice...I hope he takes it

he said he up-potted

he is using Sunshine Mix#4 which is basically Peat and he is watering at ph 6.7 ...from the bottom ...every day

totally whacked out

he said he watched a bunch of Youtube videos first

I wish I could do live consulting for these people.....just go in...for a small fee...get everything set up for them...watering...timer....nutrient mix....drip system....lighting schedule.....etc.....

it is just so easy.....
and I would come to the grow every day for 2 weeks...to make sure everything is correct as well as to show how to change out Res and refill etc....

uuugggghhhhhhhhhh

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

So my buddy has asked me for a little personal a few times since harvest. Guess its been aboutmonth and half to 2 months.. He told me today, that it keeps getting better and better.. I leave it in 2 mason jars. I pull some for a week from one, then the other the following week... So it is just curing more and more as time goes by,,,

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

he said he up-potted

he is using Sunshine Mix#4 which is basically Peat and he is watering at ph 6.7 ...from the bottom ...every day

totally whacked out

I wish I could do live consulting for these people.....just go in...for a small fee...get everything set up for them...watering...timer....nutrient mix....drip system....lighting schedule.....etc.....

it is just so easy.....
and I would come to the grow every day for 2 weeks...to make sure everything is correct as well as to show how to change out Res and refill etc....

uuugggghhhhhhhhhh
lol,,,,
Your such a good pappy!
Yes I read it and hopefully he can have the patience in soil to see it get well..
It could be a bit....
Im figuring +life isnt just for coco, so I would get them some of that ASAP,
because I just know he has the beginning stages of root rot starting..
and if he fed it ole stinky water, well im not for sure this is a biology problem,
poss a brain fart situation, where maybe we need reiterate the importance of a starting with a clean water source

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

This week we’re going to be keeping it simple for breakfast again. We’re going to introduce ketoproof coffee. It’s a mixture of coconut oil, butter, and heavy cream in your coffee. If this repulses you – and I know some of you are saying “WHAT?” – just put some trust in me!

This concoction is not as strange as it sounds. Butter, after all, is made out of cream. So when you blend the oil, butter, and cream together it just adds a decadent richness to your coffee that I am quite sure you’ll really like!

Never heard of this shit????

Wisher619

Wisher619

So my buddy has asked me for a little personal a few times since harvest. Guess its been aboutmonth and half to 2 months.. He told me today, that it keeps getting better and better.. I leave it in 2 mason jars. I pull some for a week from one, then the other the following week... So it is just curing more and more as time goes by,,,
I have some that has been in the Jar for a year....really stoney......and SUPER SMOOTH...like tobacco

Wisher619

Wisher619

This week we’re going to be keeping it simple for breakfast again. We’re going to introduce ketoproof coffee. It’s a mixture of coconut oil, butter, and heavy cream in your coffee. If this repulses you – and I know some of you are saying “WHAT?” – just put some trust in me!

This concoction is not as strange as it sounds. Butter, after all, is made out of cream. So when you blend the oil, butter, and cream together it just adds a decadent richness to your coffee that I am quite sure you’ll really like!

Never heard of this shit????
yeah i have heard of it....wouldn't recommend it though
you don't need all that fat
just Black coffee is perfectly fine

but

when you first wake up

in 8oz water add 10ml Apple Cider Vinegar and 10ml lemon juice.....preferably fresh squeezed...and if you would like....1 tsp of raw honey.......then start your day.......cup of coffee
my breakfast usually consists of broccoli/spinach/asparagus salted in coconut oil
add 1egg and 45g egg whites
and half an avocado

and of course salsa
1 habanero
3 tomato
1 onion
2 cloves garlic
all roasted under broiler until starting to turn black turn over and let the other side start to blacken

take all and throw in a blender on low add 1 bunch of cilantro
1 tsp salt

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

yeah i have heard of it....wouldn't recommend it though
you don't need all that fat
just Black coffee is perfectly fine

but

when you first wake up

in 8oz water add 10ml Apple Cider Vinegar and 10ml lemon juice.....preferably fresh squeezed...and if you would like....1 tsp of raw honey.......then start your day.......cup of coffee
my breakfast usually consists of broccoli/spinach/asparagus salted in coconut oil
add 1egg and 45g egg whites
and half an avocado

and of course salsa
1 habanero
3 tomato
1 onion
2 cloves garlic
all roasted under broiler until starting to turn black turn over and let the other side start to blacken

take all and throw in a blender on low add 1 bunch of cilantro
1 tsp salt
they use the fat for energy because they cut you down to 20 g of carbs a day....

The first signs of ketosis are known as the “keto flu” where headaches, brain fogginess, fatigue,
and the like can really rile your body up. Make sure that you’re drinking plenty of water
and eating plenty of salt. The ketogenic diet is a natural diuretic and you’ll be peeing more
than normal. Take into account that you’re peeing out electrolytes, and you can guess that
you’ll be having a thumping headache no time. Keeping your salt intake and water intake
high enough is very important, allowing your body to re-hydrate and re-supply your electrolytes.
Doing this will help with the headaches, if not get rid of them completely.

Toph420

Toph420

he said he up-potted

totally whacked out

it is just so easy.....

uuugggghhhhhhhhhh

Bro, come through I got you the small fee.. haha :)

P

Pain Releaf

Guys. Did I miss something here? I mean it has been a long 48 hours but did I at some point get advice from either/any of you and *not* take it and say that I appreciated it? Because I certainly dont want to do that - or sound ungrateful!!! You guys rock, and boy do I wish you could have caught up to me too before I created such a mess :) Good news is that I know I don`t know crap and am all ears!

So that is all awesome info Wisher. There are a few things I didn't fully inderstand that I know of. Heck there are probably 1 or 2 items you said that I currently think I do understand fully but later I am sure I will learn I only partly understood. And i super appreciate your time.

Wisher when you give the list of everything I have been doing wrong, which as best I can tell looking at the list is I guess almost everything (what a newb, ya, I know but we all have to start somewhere, right?) I did have 2 thing i am hoping you could clarify just a little.

First you said salt buildup: How did I get a salt build up when i have only given it theBC Pure Blend Grow twice and only at less than half strength plus very weak tea 3 times. How do I prevent doing it again? Was it in the soil, the tea, the PB Grow or am I totally misundertsanding? Sorry, I know its probably obvious to just about everyone here but me i am guessing. And how given the root rot can I adress it now that it is there, or should I even be looking at that before other thing happen first?

The other is, so that`s 100 lercent killer list of how to do it all right next time; but what should i do right now to try and fix the mess I in my newbieness have created...until I can get back on the path of goodness :)

(The Sunshine mix 4 is what the cloner suggested...I said Canadian only because it is from Canada, apologies on any confusion btw. The watering was about ever 36 hours on average, probably academic cause it def sounds like you guys nailed the root rot, thanks. And yes, I guess what I wasdoing was pretty whacked out, especially given the results. Didnt honestly anticipate being told that, or that it's all so easy, but I guess that is why I came here, to learn from those more knowledgable who welcome folks and are super helpful like you guys, so thanks again as I knkw I do need a bunch of help and it is super critical to my health that I learn this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom