Council Of First Knowledge, Jedi Temple Training Facility

• Thread starter EventHorizan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Guys. Did I miss something here? I mean it has been a long 48 hours but did I at some point get advice from either/any of you and *not* take it and say that I appreciated it? Because I certainly dont want to do that - or sound ungrateful!!! You guys rock, and boy do I wish you could have caught up to me too before I created such a mess :) Good news is that I know I don`t know crap and am all ears!

So that is all awesome info Wisher. There are a few things I didn't fully inderstand that I know of. Heck there are probably 1 or 2 items you said that I currently think I do understand fully but later I am sure I will learn I only partly understood. And i super appreciate your time.

Wisher when you give the list of everything I have been doing wrong, which as best I can tell looking at the list is I guess almost everything (what a newb, ya, I know but we all have to start somewhere, right?) I did have 2 thing i am hoping you could clarify just a little.

First you said salt buildup: How did I get a salt build up when i have only given it theBC Pure Blend Grow twice and only at less than half strength plus very weak tea 3 times. How do I prevent doing it again? Was it in the soil, the tea, the PB Grow or am I totally misundertsanding? Sorry, I know its probably obvious to just about everyone here but me i am guessing. And how given the root rot can I adress it now that it is there, or should I even be looking at that before other thing happen first?

The other is, so that`s 100 lercent killer list of how to do it all right next time; but what should i do right now to try and fix the mess I in my newbieness have created...until I can get back on the path of goodness :)

(The Sunshine mix 4 is what the cloner suggested...I said Canadian only because it is from Canada, apologies on any confusion btw. The watering was about ever 36 hours on average, probably academic cause it def sounds like you guys nailed the root rot, thanks. And yes, I guess what I wasdoing was pretty whacked out, especially given the results. Didnt honestly anticipate being told that, or that it's all so easy, but I guess that is why I came here, to learn from those more knowledgable who welcome folks and are super helpful like you guys, so thanks again as I knkw I do need a bunch of help and it is super critical to my health that I learn this stuff.
U must be a good typer is all i keep thinking lol...
dont sweat it homie about the newb shuffle..
Hwe dont mean it like that..
So i just seen your PM message you just sent so it does have brown roots?
Just order some +life and get on a wet dry cycle..
Wish so does he feed everytime in that sunshine mix?
So feed to run off and then let pot dry for 1 more day after top of soil is dessert looking dry..
What we do with coco is diff than whjat we do with soil...
Also it will take days before you see improvement in the soil plants..
Give us pics.
And didnt you buy coco going forward?

P

Pain Releaf

U must be a good typer is all i keep thinking lol...
dont sweat it homie about the newb shuffle..
Hwe dont mean it like that..
So i just seen your PM message you just sent so it does have brown roots?
Just order some +life and get on a wet dry cycle..
Wish so does he feed everytime in that sunshine mix?
So feed to run off and then let pot dry for 1 more day after top of soil is dessert looking dry..
What we do with coco is diff than whjat we do with soil...
Also it will take days before you see improvement in the soil plants..
Give us pics.
And didnt you buy coco going forward?
Yup, one was browninsh for sure. If you guys ask, so shall it be! I will unpot them when I get back to my place and post pics! I just left to go meet the bud that sold me the nice hoods to buy his filter fan and cooling fan plus a bunch of other smaller stuff he wanted to give me. But he is running 90 mins late unfortunately.

Sorry if I came across thin skinned. Pecker is a bit bruised after seeing these plants going down hill so fast and being so dependent on having them soon as far as medically...and finding out most of what I had read or been told was wrong... Sure spent a lot of time chasing unicorns / wasting time getting that stuff down, lol. Sure am glad though to learn how to do it right ffom you guys before I got even further down a dead end road!

Look forward to getting it down enough not to be asking so often - and graduating to rdwc or flood or... anything else.

Btw, what brand is +Life? I will get it coming ASAP. Also should I add the BC Hydroguard when it arrives tomorrow, add nothing till it dries way out, or ?

And that is one beautiful sea of green!!!!!

Last edited:
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

Yup, one was browninsh for sure. If you guys ask, so shall it be! I will unpot them when I get back to my place and post pics! I just left to go meet the bud that sold me the nice hoods to buy his filter fan and cooling fan plus a bunch of other smaller stuff he wanted to give me. But he is running 90 mins late unfortunately.

Sorry if I came across thin skinned. Pecker is a bit bruised after seeing these plants going down hill so fast and being so dependent on having them soon as far as medically...and finding out most of what I had read or been told was wrong... Sure spent a lot of time chasing unicorns / wasting time getting that stuff down, lol. Sure am glad though to learn how to do it right ffom you guys before I got even further down a dead end road!

Look forward to getting it down enough not to be asking so often - and graduating to rdwc or flood or... anything else.

And that is one beautiful sea of green!!!
thanks...
You can have it soon.. A year or so..
That is what wisher meant by saying he wishes he could get to you before CNN fake wrong news..
So lets see what you got and we plan from there,,,
Due note that I will in a heartbeat till yopu just start from scratch, and so will wisher.
Not to hurt your feelings but sometimes its just faster and its better to see positive growth that stunted growth that drags on for days..
And just keep working towards your coco set up...

Wisher619

Wisher619

Btw, what brand is +Life? I will get it coming ASAP. Also should I add the BC Hydroguard when it arrives tomorrow, add nothing till it dries way out, or ?

And that is one beautiful sea of green!!!!!
I am sorry if I kinda came across as a dick
not my intent

so here is the deal for what you are using

you need
ph pen
ppm pen
5gal bucket

so

if you want the +life
https://hydroponic-research.com/products/life

if you have only fed twice....then the problem is lack of nutrition

so we need to mix a batch of nutrient

5 gal bucket
Nutrients
mix nutrients to 1.5ec/700ppm
ph nutrients to 5.9
feed from the top
feed each plant until soaked and runoff comes out of the bottom
then monitor you plants
pick them up every day
when the pot has dried to about 50% weight
feed again to completely soaked with runoff

and please.....stop spraying the plants

no misting....of any kind

I need to know exactly what nutrients you have...ALL nutrients so I can get you a recipe/plan

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

I am sorry if I kinda came across as a dick
not my intent

so here is the deal for what you are using

you need
ph pen
ppm pen
5gal bucket

so

if you want the +life
https://hydroponic-research.com/products/life

if you have only fed twice....then the problem is lack of nutrition

so we need to mix a batch of nutrient

5 gal bucket
Nutrients
mix nutrients to 1.5ec/700ppm
ph nutrients to 5.9
feed from the top
feed each plant until soaked and runoff comes out of the bottom
then monitor you plants
pick them up every day
when the pot has dried to about 50% weight
feed again to completely soaked with runoff

and please.....stop spraying the plants

no misting....of any kind

I need to know exactly what nutrients you have...ALL nutrients so I can get you a recipe/plan
So he feeds every time?
Would this be the kinda soil mix that adding peralite to would quicken drying so you could increase to feed every day?

Wisher619

Wisher619

So he feeds every time?
Would this be the kinda soil mix that adding peralite to would quicken drying so you could increase to feed every day?
yes..but not a "soil mix" it is the same as pro-mix
it is Peat Moss/Perlite/Lime

you can cut it with a bag of perlite and it would dry super quick.....

it is just a nursery/hydroponic mix

so i am thinking he has not fed it...and he was ph'ing his water to like 6.7 and watering from the bottom...

his plant is to far along for just watering from the bottom

I just murdered it in a peat mix
fed every watering at 1.8ec
I just fed to runoff and let it dry down

peat is different than coco

it doesn't release nutrients to the plant...so when it dries down it doesn't release things...it holds onto them....so you water heavy to runoff and flush the buildup out...and every 2 weeks I gave it a good flush with tea.....like a heavy flush and allowed it to go completely dry until almost wilting...then feed again....my colas blew up

Last edited:
EventHorizan

EventHorizan

so i am thinking he has not fed it...and he was ph'ing his water to like 6.7 and watering from the bottom...

peat is different that coco

it doesn't release nutrients to the plant...so when it dries down it doesn't release things...it holds onto them....so you water heavy to runoff and flush the buildup out...and every 2 weeks I have it a good flush with tea.....like a heavy flush and allowed it to go completely dry until almost wilting...then feed again....my colas blew up
got you!.. Well if he gets his feed up to par and utilizes a good wet dry cycle he should be good in a week..
I guess he post pics here soon and we will see what kind of shape there in..

Wisher619

Wisher619

got you!.. Well if he gets his feed up to par and utilizes a good wet dry cycle he should be good in a week..
I guess he post pics here soon and we will see what kind of shape there in..
oh yeah for sure

I think peat mixes are probably by far the easiest to work with...not as fast as coco but still easy

if you cut it heavy with perlite...it can get extreme growth

it is actually what many commercial growers use

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

oh yeah for sure

I think peat mixes are probably by far the easiest to work with...not as fast as coco but still easy

if you cut it heavy with perlite...it can get extreme growth

it is actually what many commercial growers use
Awesome..
Well So if he just watered with reg water today, we still would want to pour feed water thru her and then start the wet/dry cycling?

P

Pain Releaf

peat is different than coco

it doesn't release nutrients to the plant...so when it dries down it doesn't release things...it holds onto them....so you water heavy to runoff and flush the buildup out...and every 2 weeks I gave it a good flush with tea.....like a heavy flush and allowed it to go completely dry until almost wilting...then feed again....my colas blew up
Incredible info you guys. Thank you so much!

I just got home and have been up 48 hours straight...lot of pain. So I will tackle this just as soon as I get up in the morning as I am not thinking clearly and want to do this right this time!

One very interesting note: I took a final overview video this morning right after transplanting them to the larger 7 gallon pots, this time fabric (had been plastic) and upon arriving home I noticed something - then confirmed it against the video. Not only just since this morning have a decent number of the leaves perked up some but those leaves on the frankensteins that were sounding raspy are getting supple again and sound the best they have in a week. Also the worst irrigated yellow leaves for example on the Candida now in just a half day have remarkably gained perhaps a solid 30 percent of their green area back. I have no idea what to make of that exactly but know you guys will know. Let me know if my first step tomorrow it to pull the plants and post pictures of the roots or if I should just go straight to mixing mutes and I will be on it!

FYI here is what I have to work with at present.

PH pen
PPM Pen
Buckets of numerous sizes
Botanicare PBP Grow
Botanicare PBP Bloom
Botanicare PB Tea
Botanicare Hydroplex
Botanicare Hydroguard (arriving Sat.)
Dynagrow Dynazyme (sample)
Humboldt Secret Golden Tree
CloneX Solution
CloneX Gel
General Hydrponics OH Up and Down
One now-broken spray bottle ;)
3% Hydrogen Peroxide - just in case that is suggested for the likely root rot or ?
No black coffee (sorry)

If you feel I need to grab the +life I will. Just thinking it will take some time to get here and not sure what size is needed.

Thanks again - that was pure gold info guys! See you in the morning.

Wisher619

Wisher619

Incredible info you guys. Thank you so much!

I just got home and have been up 48 hours straight...lot of pain. So I will tackle this just as soon as I get up in the morning as I am not thinking clearly and want to do this right this time!

One very interesting note: I took a final overview video this morning right after transplanting them to the larger 7 gallon pots, this time fabric (had been plastic) and upon arriving home I noticed something - then confirmed it against the video. Not only just since this morning have a decent number of the leaves perked up some but those leaves on the frankensteins that were sounding raspy are getting supple again and sound the best they have in a week. Also the worst irrigated yellow leaves for example on the Candida now in just a half day have remarkably gained perhaps a solid 30 percent of their green area back. I have no idea what to make of that exactly but know you guys will know. Let me know if my first step tomorrow it to pull the plants and post pictures of the roots or if I should just go straight to mixing mutes and I will be on it!

FYI here is what I have to work with at present.

PH pen
PPM Pen
Buckets of numerous sizes
Botanicare PBP Grow
Botanicare PBP Bloom
Botanicare PB Tea
Botanicare Hydroplex
Botanicare Hydroguard (arriving Sat.)
Dynagrow Dynazyme (sample)
Humboldt Secret Golden Tree
CloneX Solution
CloneX Gel
General Hydrponics OH Up and Down
One now-broken spray bottle ;)
3% Hydrogen Peroxide - just in case that is suggested for the likely root rot or ?
No black coffee (sorry)

If you feel I need to grab the +life I will. Just thinking it will take some time to get here and not sure what size is needed.

Thanks again - that was pure gold info guys! See you in the morning.
so fill 5 gal of water
add 75ml Pure Blend Pro grow
add 25ml Pure Blend Tea
adjust ph to 5.9
soak both plants till runoff
add 8oz at a time to each plant
allow to slowly soak in
until each plant has at least 10% drain from the bottom
then allow the plant to dry to 50%
probably take 2-3days
then repeat the process

Status