Coxie's 1st MPB run

• Thread starter Coxie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MedicalINFO

i keep hearing about big yeilds off mpb's too, i have just started experimenting alongside my normal methods. and once the roots get established in the nute solution they take off, but it seems to take a few weeks to get to this point and a soil grown clone after 3 weeks in soil is about four times as big as the bucket plant. also as Coxie said more lumens = more bud, and if you are running 16 x 1K i would expect to get about 18lb of bud just off soil without the expense of $1000's in chillers and other parafenalia, so in answer to your question, not if you have one plant under a 100 watt cfl
irrespective of all the kit and controls, you would get more off 1 plant in a 15ltr bucket of soil under a bigger lamp.

There is absolutely NO comparison between a plant grown in an MPB, and one grown in a 15 L soil pot.....I would say that the a MPB plant with 3 to four sides of light would compare to a plant in soil outside in FULL SUN in a 100 gallon smart pot. :)

M

mountainman21

This is a great grow! Much kudos to Coxie!!!! I am experimenting with several forms of vertical lighting and am having huge success. I agree that no comparison between soil and MPB. I am using MPB's and coir in 30 gal smart pots. My diesel is 6 feet tall and four feet wide in the coir...killing it. The mpb system is just getting into flower and I am stoked to see the difference. Keep up the awesome growing Coxie

A

antimatter

The veg time in coir or soil is way to long when not running Co2 unless your vegging with your flower wattage but most of us veg with 20-25% of flower wattage in a separate room.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

coxie? are you there?

I was wondering the same. Maybe he is really busy clipping. 100 forearm sized colas gots to take longer than 14 hrs to trim. I still am in awe of your trim speed.
-TF

C

Coxie

coxie? are you there?

That's right. Been trimmin' for days, but it's done now. Big yields = big work. Great first run, the second run started tonight, this time from clone. The girls WILL NOT get too big in veg this time. I've learned a lot, so I expect an even better run this time. I'm very pleased though. dds is my new hero, and he gave this away to us. WOW! Thanks dds!

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Awesome job, Coxie! We will be looking forward to some gpw numbers on that hashplant in your system. How tall were they when you flipped them?

Y

YoungDro

There are a lot of little details that I had to dig for. dds posts are the place to go for the info, and all of it is essential.

i kno dude like veggin for the week or 2 in the mpb system, 5 gallons in each bucket nute line just right, light placement, all that. i know once u got it all right it should be easy

looks like it has worked for you i would like you to check out my 10 site mpb thread will be starting soon...3 weeks veg 9 weeks flower exactly dds style

not many people are capable of doing this method.
im only 21 lol im investing 15k just for the 10 light 10 plant setup...shocking to some of my fellow growers but to me this makes more sense to me than n e thing else

i want to do 25 100 gallon smart pots as well
7 bags ocean forrest in each pot, with fox farm nutrients will be planting next week indoors-will be going outside after they reach 18 inches....just like they are going to the mpb room

Y

YoungDro

nog, just for fun, I grew 1 plant in dirt, along side the rest of the mpb's, and it is going to yield at least 50% less than the mpb trees. I was curious about this too, but I had an extra plant to run that I didn't want to waste. It's not just light, it's also the effectiveness of the water, air, nutes and temps too. Plus, I don't know how a dirt plant can get the oxygen in the root zone that the mpb's can get.

are you using hi-blo 80???

P

pacog

Congrats Coxie on the Successful Round!!! Hope you have Many more!!!

How is the Final Product????

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Congrats Coxie on the Successful Round!!! Hope you have Many more!!!

How is the Final Product????

Shhhh, don't interrupt. Coxie is out there basking in the after glow of his sweet hashyplant harvest. :giggle

Y

YoungDro

its funny cuz i was thinkin that the hi-blo 80 was 80 watts. i looked at the price- $350 compared to an actual 80 watt air pump which is $80, i was like damn somethins not right so i called about the hi blo and the said it was 1.5 amps, that is a beast of an air pump....definately am not getting the 80 watt

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

How about the ecoplus commercial air 7? 200LPM vs 80LPM, 280 watts, and about $200 cheaper. I just bought one of these and it reminds me of my old senco finish nailer compressor. It's pretty loud.

Anyone got a good recommendation for a dehumidifier?

F

FileError404

Good company, they have the Alita pumps at great prices:

Basically the same as the hiblow.

Y

YoungDro

Good company, they have the Alita pumps at great prices:

Basically the same as the hiblow.

Its 280 watts, 280/80=3.5. 3.5 X 100=$350

280 watts must = 1.5 amps. save $250 awesome good find just been added to the favorites.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Where's Coxie?

Maybe he is still trimming, and trimming, and trimming, and.........

Top Bottom