Coxie's 1st MPB run

• Thread starter Coxie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

frostedlove

Quick question Coxie

How bad was the leaking problem on the fresca sols? Was the fix very hard? I am about to buy some right now, They had a sweet set up at the indoor gardening expo. Do you need to run an a/c with the water cooled lights?

Very impressive grow !

C

Coxie

Quick question Coxie

How bad was the leaking problem on the fresca sols? Was the fix very hard? I am about to buy some right now, They had a sweet set up at the indoor gardening expo. Do you need to run an a/c with the water cooled lights?

Very impressive grow !

Wasn't too hard to fix, just a hassle identifying the problem ones before they flooded the building. Fresca Sol has since improved the design and they're much better. I've got 20 of those and just outfitted my new room, and they are the shit.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Hey there Coxie, great to see you around. How did you and everyone like the hashplant meds? Any sneak peeks at the new room?

Thanks,

-TF

P

piscesaquarist

Hey Coxie I've put together the same light setup, and my question has to do with the plumbing for the lights.

How'd you do it?

From the pics it appears you ran hard lines (PVC?) up top then dropped 1/2 beverage lines to the lights, Did you do the same for the return? I'm also running a no-flow-no- go light shut off with a one 3600pgh pump. The no-flow-no-go is 1"

C

Coxie

Hey Coxie I've put together the same light setup, and my question has to do with the plumbing for the lights.

How'd you do it?

From the pics it appears you ran hard lines (PVC?) up top then dropped 1/2 beverage lines to the lights, Did you do the same for the return? I'm also running a no-flow-no- go light shut off with a one 3600pgh pump. The no-flow-no-go is 1"

P,

You've got it. Same for the return. Good play on the no-flow shut off. Are you running your room at a location other than your residence? If so, you should look into a vidoe monitoring system (via computer), so you can look at your meters, settings, levels and FLOOR, to make sure that the water is where it should be.

Coxie
(not sure how to pronounce or spell your name, p?)

P

piscesaquarist

P,

You've got it. Same for the return. Good play on the no-flow shut off. Are you running your room at a location other than your residence? If so, you should look into a vidoe monitoring system (via computer), so you can look at your meters, settings, levels and FLOOR, to make sure that the water is where it should be.

Coxie
(not sure how to pronounce or spell your name, p?)

hehe np it's pisces like the zodiac sign and aquarist (someone who keeps aquariums/fishtanks)

I would love a monitoring system but at the room location there's no cell phone service or internet (except if i bring in satellite)
I read the entire post and you had to modify a few thing so they wouldn't leak please share...

S

socalsinner

Nice grow C. I read up Jacks last grow and seems like he hit around 2lbs per plant if Im not mistaken. What I have been planning for is what will happen after Nov. From what I have been able to see on the weekly polls is that the Yes vote is ahead by 10 percent. I have a funny feeling its going to pass. I do not believe the MPB lighting scheme will be a viable option if this happens. I have been looking into joining together with various other co-ops in socal to create a larger co-op. Maybe getting into at least a 15-25k sqft building. 5 continous rooms of 1000sqft daytime and 5 at night... Anyway im losing my mind nowlol Anyway I love the RDWC part and the Yields with low plant counts of the MPBs for now! Sorry C for semi hijack... Peace

C

Coxie

Good to hear from you socalsinner. If the law passes, do you think that plant count becomes a non-issue?

S

socalsinner

Good to hear from you socalsinner. If the law passes, do you think that plant count becomes a non-issue?

From the memos Ive seen there are some people in the assembly that are trying to have the (ABC) Department Of Alcohol Beverage Control regulate commercial growers like bars and liquor stores. I heard of extensive criminal background checks and fees in the thousands to apply. The number issue is not settled yet but even now there are cities in Cali like Long Beach, and Frisco that have legal grows of over 1000 plants . I think for growers if this law passes its going to be a challenge. Im scared... lol jk

F

FileError404

The prop 19 law, if it passes, will not go into effect for a long time, will be re-written 73 times and will not supercede prop 215.

P

piscesaquarist

Hey Coxie what size pump are you running for the lights I just went to buy my Danner Mag 3600 and it's no longer available

Nobodynobody

Nobodynobody

wanting to do watercool set up like yours. I seem to have read every post and the one part i was scratching my head is the 1500gallon res. I been studying watercool set up hardcore for pass 6 mos. talk to all sorts of techs who makes these things. also know some what about pluming manifolds.

what i basicly am asking is what is your outdoor temps for that 1500g res.? is it under ground, cover, in the sun? I have to agree with you spending to much on a res chiller. i been trying to figer a way to cut the extra power. also what is your highest temp you get outside? right now in Aug10 i am 46F night and 115F day!

Props again to your clean room :)

C

Coxie

pump

Hey Coxie what size pump are you running for the lights I just went to buy my Danner Mag 3600 and it's no longer available

Hey piscesaquarist,

Using a giant flotek u27-470. It's a big swimming pool pump. I use it with the 2,500 gallon water res.

Nobodynobody

Nobodynobody

I like to do a similar set up. For that 1500 gallon res that your useing with out a chiller. what is your outside temps? is unit in the sun or underground? Covered just laying in the parking lot?

the highest temps i get in the area ouside are 130f-85f in hot summer, right now Aug10 105f-46f. then in winter just 60f-8f.

Also wondering about 2x CO2 burner h2o cooled.. if the over size res can be ok with everything.

Nice room.

C

Coxie

I like to do a similar set up. For that 1500 gallon res that your useing with out a chiller. what is your outside temps? is unit in the sun or underground? Covered just laying in the parking lot?

the highest temps i get in the area ouside are 130f-85f in hot summer, right now Aug10 105f-46f. then in winter just 60f-8f.

Also wondering about 2x CO2 burner h2o cooled.. if the over size res can be ok with everything.

Nice room.

The tank is in an industrial building, no chiller, but I will have one for next summer. The temps are an issue, but my tank is in a segregated part of the building, so it doesn't get hot near the flower room. Without cooling, the tank gets up to 105f. But with the flow to waste, the temp was 80. It made a big difference in controlling the flower room temp. Those extra degrees running through the feed & drains hoses are noticeable. I ran flow to waste on it during the hottest days this summer, as the tank turns into a giant radiator. That worked out really well, except the landlord wondered how all the water got used. hehe. As for the colder months, the tank will help with heating the place. Yep, water cooled CO2 burner, and I'm running that one, flow to waste. No tank with that. Seems like all the great stuff we use to enhance the room, all add heat. And to solve the heat issue, you'll have to spend.

B

burnzalot

the answer the water cooling rez.....

A 25.000 gal swimming pool. stays cool.

O

organicfreak

you all should read about making your own nutrients...

dwc haha DD'S intense weekly resivoir changes and twice in some flowering weeks
imho would make any1 a FOOL to waist there hard earned $$$ on products
you can make for pennies on the dollar

FUCK THE NUTRIENTS COMPANIES...

are they paying your bills? feeding your kids?

google fatman and learn 4urself...

o

Top Bottom