Crazy Miss Hyde CFL first time grow

• Thread starter OGlover1224
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OGlover1224

OGlover1224

Hello fellow farmers this is my first post after a few years lurking and also my first grow after afewyears researching but am by no means an expert;). over the years of getting trees (some good,somebad) i really fell in love with that og funk, taste,and structure so i decided to order some tahoe og seeds from cali connection after seeing some good reviews online. i received some freebies with that order and crazy miss hyde from samsara seeds was one and decided that a northern lights belladonna cross would be a good candidate for my first grow so here she is. she had about a 4 week veg and is now about 12 days into flower. i am in a seedstarting soil i got from my local grow shop and started off with botonicare pro grow and pro bloom as suggested by the lady at the grow store, but made a newb mistake and fed too often got salt build up and my soil ph was down around 5 so i flushed at least 10-12 gallons of ph 7 water through it and is now up around 6-6.5 and i plan to keep getting that up to 6.5-7. i am now using bio bizz bloom but have yet to feed with it yet due to me flushing still. for lighting i have 185 watts of 2700k cfls. last pic is on a jalapeno plant. enjoy! any tips, advice, comments are welcome!

Crazy miss hyde cfl first time grow
Crazy miss hyde cfl first time grow 2
Crazy miss hyde cfl first time grow 3
Crazy miss hyde cfl first time grow 4
Crazy miss hyde cfl first time grow 5
Crazy miss hyde cfl first time grow 6
Crazy miss hyde cfl first time grow 7

gotdank

gotdank

Premium Member
Supporter
i missed it. but awesome. much respect to u cfl growers

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

good lookin start mang!

hey, just an FYI you can get bigger CFL's so youre not using 20, ive seen them all the way up to 350W (even though a 100-200 would be just fine)

or place a couple of the lights mid/lower canopy. CFL's dont penetrate, that will definitely cut down the larf factor and give you some better lookin side nuggage.

or if you really want to rock cfl's, go to home depot and spend 30$ on a 4' 4 bulb t8 fixture, you could even do 2 and put them like a house top so you get side action too....

as well, 150 watt HPS set ups are 50$ max if you go to a lighting store, like batteries plus or something. get a bulb and a ballast (ballast doesnt have housing FYI) and you'd be set.

keep it up!

and just out of curiousity (and turnin my own knife a little)

where the hell did you see good reviews of CC tahoe og?

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

good lookin start mang!

hey, just an FYI you can get bigger CFL's so youre not using 20, ive seen them all the way up to 350W (even though a 100-200 would be just fine)

or place a couple of the lights mid/lower canopy. CFL's dont penetrate, that will definitely cut down the larf factor and give you some better lookin side nuggage.

or if you really want to rock cfl's, go to home depot and spend 30$ on a 4' 4 bulb t8 fixture, you could even do 2 and put them like a house top so you get side action too....

as well, 150 watt HPS set ups are 50$ max if you go to a lighting store, like batteries plus or something. get a bulb and a ballast (ballast doesnt have housing FYI) and you'd be set.

keep it up!

and just out of curiousity (and turnin my own knife a little)

where the hell did you see good reviews of CC tahoe og?
im running a little low on budget so didnt want to spend a bunch on my first grow this is really just a trial run to learn a little. my local grow store has a 150 watt hps for $90 so that was a little out of my price range right now. plus im not expecting anything too dank from crazy miss hyde lol. but for my next run which will be the tahoe from CC im gonna invest in a 250 hps and just veg with the cfls. ive cut back the lower branches so hopefully that will help with not getting too much larf buds. I saw good reviews from CC on a couple different forums and i think 1 or 2 on here. also saw good reviews on nuggetry reviews and on the CC forum i saw some very good results from them.

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

here she is about 3 weeks flower i watered with 1/2 strength of my biobizz bloom formula which is about 2/3 strength which i guess would actually be 1/3? i was never good with fractions lol. let me know if you guys think i should trim more of the lower growth.
1a
1b
1c
1d

monkeymun

monkeymun

Nice job for your first grow and with CFLs at that! You've got a green thumb, that's for sure. :)

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

anyone have any suggestions for a bloom enhancer? im mainly looking to increase resin production, also going to get a uvb bulb to put in there.

kooter840

kooter840

anyone have any suggestions for a bloom enhancer? im mainly looking to increase resin production, also going to get a uvb bulb to put in there.
Kool Bloom, liquid at first and then powder.

looks good though man, I started out the same way.

Top Bottom