Crazy Miss Hyde CFL first time grow

• Thread starter OGlover1224
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OGlover1224

OGlover1224

Update:
noticed some what looks to be the start of seeds in some of the lower buds, which would make sense cause the light went out for 4 days straight. Even if it definitely is a herm i really just wanted this to be a trial run so i could make the newb mistakes on a freebie seed, shes pretty frosty so it should be some decent smoke anyway as long as the drying and curing process goes well

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

First, if you don't have a scope, get a little cheap one from Radio Shack .It does all you need to judge when it comes down. Also remember it's and 8 week strain in great conditions (IMO) Use the scope to tell you when to chop.

The trim,drying and the curing to me is a harder art :)

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2179604

Always wondered where you would get one lol kind of a random item. But yeah the drying and curing will certainly be a learning experience here o_O

Cant wait for next run... better lights, better knowledge, better strain hopefully that will equal better nuggetry!

CrippledArcher

CrippledArcher

Oh it will trust me every run now on 5 Has surpassed my dreams last,run 17 zips from 4 big plants one tiny runt and about 40g of some bad ass mixed bubble.

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

Update: Still not sure if its a herm or not but ill find out soon enough. She is at about 53 days. and just received her second flush, hoping to harvest between friday and next weds, but its only my first time so dont know how long she takes to finish and will have to watch the trichs. Smoked some lower bud that was dryed for 5 days and the smell stuck with it pretty well for a very small bud and what seemed to be overdry. Got a pretty good buzz from it. Got a 60x scope and not too good at using it, maybe its the type maybe i just suck lol. But from what i can tell main buds all look to be around 50/50- 70/30 cloudy/clear with the lower buds being around 90/10 so i took some off today trimmed and have them drying mainly because of how small they are and me getting anxious, cut off 6 and they can in a 2g wet just to give you an idea of size.

1c
1b
1a

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

Here she is at day 58 from 12/12 but that is with some ph lockout early in flower and also 4 days straight of no light around week 4. so probably more like low 50's im guessing. Anyway i need some guesses on how much longer you think she has until chop as i have a little situation coming up on me this weekend and need to get a good idea before friday of when she will finish. I know these arent the best pics but let me know what you guys think. Like i said in the previous post, the scope i got is somewhat hard for me to use but what i can gather trichs look to be 50/50 - 70/30 cloudy/clear. last pic is a little lower i pulled off after 1 day of drying.

1a
1b
1c

catdaddy

catdaddy

they look like they can be taken now, but if you want to wait until all hairs have has color and dies back, you can do that as well.
i'd say give it a few more days then take it down.

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

they look like they can be taken now, but if you want to wait until all hairs have has color and dies back, you can do that as well.
i'd say give it a few more days then take it down.

sweet, ill probably go lights off for 2 days starting friday or saturday then chop.

catdaddy

catdaddy

i got a few of these, might just give them a go. let me know how they smoke. thanks in advance.

Bluzboy

Bluzboy

Looking oh so sweet and tasty OGlover! You are on your way with a real good Canna boogie going down the grow highway now buddy!
Best regards in all your growing endeavors from the Bluzboy

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

i got a few of these, might just give them a go. let me know how they smoke. thanks in advance.

Ill be posting a smoke report up when they are dried and have a decent cure

Looking oh so sweet and tasty OGlover! You are on your way with a real good Canna boogie going down the grow highway now buddy!
Best regards in all your growing endeavors from the Bluzboy

Thanks man your rhino looks dank!

Bluzboy

Bluzboy

I wish I could send you a free comp jar of this White Rhino to sample and critique OGlover.
It did turn out quite well.

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

I wish I could send you a free comp jar of this White Rhino to sample and critique OGlover.
It did turn out quite well.

oh i wish as well:D ive never had the pleasure of trying a "white" strain like white widow or rhino

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

Here are some more pics of the main cola, some buds have some hints of purple in them. All pretty much just have a sweet danky kind of smell but some of the smaller nugs that are almost ready to go into jars are starting to add a bit of a skunky smell.

1a
1b
1c

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

I was going to do a smoke report on these but they dried out a bit too fast and lost a good amount of smell and flavor. My humidity during drying was around 25% which I now realize was way too low even though I only dried for about a day and a half, but that wasn't the biggest problem. I had to go out of town for a few days right at the beginning of cure and had no choice but to leave it with a friend and told him to burp a few times a day and take the buds out for a couple min if they felt too moist. Well needless to say he dried them out way too much and by the time I came back with only a one week cure they were crispy as could be. I moistened them back up by putting a small piece of wet paper towel stuck to the lid of the jar and got some smell back but not much.

Upon opening the jar a few feet from your nose you get a light dank sweet smell which fades somewhat quickly. Up close there isn't much smell at all although it does not have the grass or hay smell(thank god). Upon grinding it up you get again a sweet danky smell which again fades quickly. Taste wise not too much there just tastes like some plain old Mary j.

It definitely was picked a little early as you can see many clear trichs on it as well as a heady uplifting high.

All in all not a bad grow for my first time considering the circumstances with lighting and the problem with drying. It was all a practice run for more of the "real deal" I have going now in CC Tahoe OG which I know has taken a bunch of criticism for previous herm and auto issues as well as a lot of variation but for a new grower on the east coast where it is harder to get real dank for a good price I'm sure anything that comes out of these seeds will be pretty dank for around here.

Top Bottom