Crazy Miss Hyde CFL first time grow

• Thread starter OGlover1224
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OGlover1224

OGlover1224

nvm found my answer with a quick search ;) thanks for the suggestion i think im gonna go with it

kooter840

kooter840

I give em the liqiud weeks 2 to 3, then powder weeks 4 to 6/7 depending on the strain. go light with the powder though very little works wonders. just my preference anyway.
Give em a good flush and you will love it.

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

Here she is at Day 27. I was away for 4 days and when i came back i realized my timer hasnt kicked the lights on for 4 days. She looks alright and almost the same as when i left but with the exception of some purpling on the bud which you might not be able to make out in the pics, but is there, and she seems more frosted than before. I dont see a sign of any balls yet but this is only my first grow and im not great at identifying them, but hopefully they it wont hermie on me. I only fed with half strength liquid koolbloom

1d
1c
1b
1a

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

here she is at exactly 4 weeks although im sure growth will be stunted for a lil, no signs of hermie yet. She is getting a hint of purple in the buds because of my cold temps and im surprised at how frosted she is. It has a nice subtle fruity berry danky funk smell right now
2a

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

Day 34

Still dont see any herms on her, seems to be doing fine after 4 days with no light.

1a
1b
1c
1d
1e

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

here she is at about day 37 give or take, leaves that were not directly on a budsite were starting to yellow(you might see it a little in the pics) so i fed with 2 tsp of bio bloom, around 1/2tsp of cal mag and about 3/4 tsp of liquid koolbloom all mixed into 1 gallon of tap water. No specific smells coming off her just yet but there is a slight danky smell to her and more pungent when you her.
What do you guys think?
1a
1b

catdaddy

catdaddy

hey, nice thread you got going. to answer your question to the best of my knowledge and abilities, your plants are really looking good, especially for a first time grower.
if i were you, i would check to see the finishing date for the strain and feed cautiously due to the fact it looks to be done in another 2-3wks. if so, you should start giving it just plain water around the 2wk mark (with little amount of runoff) and start flushing around 8 days from being chopped.

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

hey, nice thread you got going. to answer your question to the best of my knowledge and abilities, your plants are really looking good, especially for a first time grower.
if i were you, i would check to see the finishing date for the strain and feed cautiously due to the fact it looks to be done in another 2-3wks. if so, you should start giving it just plain water around the 2wk mark (with little amount of runoff) and start flushing around 8 days from being chopped.
it says its an 8 week strain but i know how that can vary from what the breeders states. its due for its next watering at day 42, considering that i fed last water do you suggest watering with just plain water or with just calmag or liquid koolbloom? and when you say start flushing 8 days from being chopped, what exactly do you mean? do you mean give it a good flush 8 days before or should i be flushing multiple times in that period?

I appreciate the feedback and tips, even though ive researched and lurked for quite sometime im still working out the kinks of the basics.

catdaddy

catdaddy

if it's do for a feeding, feed it, then just give it plain water until you start to flush. around day 8 flush it, let it dry out for a few days than flush again. after the second flush just hit it with plain water with little to no runoff until you feel its done.

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

if it's do for a feeding, feed it, then just give it plain water until you start to flush. around day 8 flush it, let it dry out for a few days than flush again. after the second flush just hit it with plain water with little to no runoff until you feel its done.
thanks for the advice!

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

Crazy Miss Hyde

Flower day 42

saw a few of the hairs were a burnt orange so looks like she will be done right at about 8 weeks, although i know the hairs arent the indicator the trichs are, which ill be needing to get a magnifying glass for. anyone know what magnification i need to see if trichs are cloudy etc.? I fed for the last time with 1/3 strength of what i fed last watering, will be watering once more than ill start flushing. Just added a 26 watt 10 UV bulb as ive heard it can help with trichome production. Still has that smell that i can only really describe as DANKY, im sure some of you will know what i mean, a little funky, a little fruity. Hoping for an oz.

Also ive looked up various techniques of the drying process and see way too many different ideas and strategies and trust you guys know what your talking about on here as ive seen some of your work in the journals. My main questions are do you guys think i should cut and hang the whole plant which im thinking will help it to dry slower which will be good because the cfls buds will probably not be very big nor dense. Or should i do branch by branch? Wet trim or dry trim? I only have 1 plant so time or difficulty trimming is not a factor. Also paper bag method or straight to jars?

Thanks in advance for any tips!

1a
1b
1c
1d

CrippledArcher

CrippledArcher

Looking good. I too started my first run off with CFL then went right to a 400 w MH/HPS Combo (dual Bulb Hood) My Girls Exploded after that. Second round got the 1000 W HPS, will never look back. Now that you have got your thumbs green do whatever you can do to get the best light you can afford for the space you will use.Trust me you will really see what the ladies can do when you give her Light !

OGlover1224

OGlover1224

Looking good. I too started my first run off with CFL then went right to a 400 w MH/HPS Combo (dual Bulb Hood) My Girls Exploded after that. Second round got the 1000 W HPS, will never look back. Now that you have got your thumbs green do whatever you can do to get the best light you can afford for the space you will use.Trust me you will really see what the ladies can do when you give her Light !
I plan on getting a dimmable 400 watt for next run, probably gonna stay with the cfls for veg though!

CrippledArcher

CrippledArcher

Sure, CFl 6500K though :) are great for starting seedlings. I got much love from farmers here, So I can try to return the favor. My rotation goes CFL for 7-10 days, Then the 400 combo for veg, then 1000 HPS for flower. Take a look at some of my first grows, they were first grows just as yours. Keep it up !

Top Bottom