• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Samwell

Samwell

Breeder
couldn't wait to show youse the new place, made from palets and scrap plywood
Newplace1

Newplace2

Two in the back are my cross of Black Cream auto and AK47 and the two in the front are left Cookie Kush and right Cream Caramel, clone of Cream Caramel stuck in the middle.
Do you like my lights? CFLs and LEDS.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
If you have the option, get those lights a bit closer to the plants. So long they don't burn the plants, you can be within 2-3 inches of the CFLs. That high up you're losing out on lumens and it will cause the plants to stretch.

Samwell

Samwell

Breeder
the leds are too bright to lower them more plus I would really like them to stretch just a little more before I switch 'em

Samwell

Samwell

Breeder
it's fresh rosemary and I have it there because I see fewer flies - as it can't hurt and might really help.... I change it every few weeks

Joe Fresh

Joe Fresh

if your seeing a few flies around the dirt, try to either water a bit less, this will help kill the gnat larvae that live in the top of the soil, or cover the top soil with a layer of sand, this will suffocate them and not allow them to lay more eggs

tobh

tobh

Supporter
i also had success most recently with a light dusting of diatemaceous earth (i'm sure the spelling is fucked on that.) Granted, I used it on an avocado plant, but DE is the tits for killing fliers and other nasty creatures.

Samwell

Samwell

Breeder
don't think they are gnats just random little flies, never very many but less with the rosemary especially when it is fresh

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Have you considered a companion crop like some of the mint family? I've personally seen catnip drives away a lot of pests (it's part of the mint family).

Samwell

Samwell

Breeder
I'm so happy. Know what the next grow is going to be . There will be a wedding ha ha ha !!
Looking forward to grandchildren.........

Wedding

hope they learn how to spell cookies

Samwell

Samwell

Breeder
Hanging 8 more leds for my girls to get a good tan.

Question about the coming summer for the cookie farmers, how well do they do outside? Can they stand really high temps ? Can get up to 35º C (95º F ) or above here easy in the summer. Which of these would stand up better (or forget the idea)? Flaming cookies , nightmare cookies or alien cookies???

Samwell

Samwell

Breeder
Well I am going to flip tomorrow but the Black Cream X AK47 both have decided that they were already ready and it looks like they are a male and a female. I'll leave them a few days to be sure. In the end their automatic side has come out. Think it has something to do with the rising temps here also. Curious.

juniper

juniper

Question about the coming summer for the cookie farmers, how well do they do outside? Can they stand really high temps ? Can get up to 35º C (95º F ) or above here easy in the summer. Which of these would stand up better (or forget the idea)? Flaming cookies , nightmare cookies or alien cookies???

IDK about "cookies" specifically, but in my experience:

Outdoor Cannabis can handle high temperatures. They'll drink more and grow/develop less in the intense heat but they'll be alright.
Just be Johnny-on-the-spot w/ watering. Adjust feeds lower in high temps, especially with w/ low humidity. They'll be taking in so much water to account for loss, you don't need or want too much fertilizer in that water.

As long as the roots go far down enough into the dirt, they'll be cool enough. Most people dealing with very hot temperatures are dealing with them in mid-late summer anyway when plants are larger. Extended hot, dry conditions could easily kill younger plants with shallow roots, though. Seed plants tend to grow an actual taproot which helps a bit.

Samwell

Samwell

Breeder
Back with more ..... 16 days in flower. Everything looking good except mishap with one branch of the Cream Caramel. They have all stretched like crazy and almost touching lights and I tried to bend one branch down and it broke, hanging on by a thread but hasn't dried up - recovering slowly. Taped it back together. Liking Cookies Kush alot, very easy to grow and although more than a week behind has caught up. The big surprise has been my cross of Black Cream auto and AK47 which might turn out to be a real gem. As I said before 1 is female and the other conveniently is male. Will cross a few buds of all these plants to see what comes out of it all.

Cookieskushinflower

Cookies Kush stretching in the sun.

Cookieskushflower16days

Cookies Kush flower - 16 days

Creamcaramelflower16days

Cream Caramel flowers - 16 days

Group2

group photo

MaleblackcreamAK47

Black Cream auto X AK47 male waiting outside in the garden.
Thanks for stopping by ! Sam

chuckchill

chuckchill

that light board thing:-) is cool. that should work nice! good idea man. i like the way youv done that. the more led,s aswell.good job.
peace.
c.c
couldn't wait to show youse the new place, made from palets and scrap plywood View attachment 494619
View attachment 494620
Two in the back are my cross of Black Cream auto and AK47 and the two in the front are left Cookie Kush and right Cream Caramel, clone of Cream Caramel stuck in the middle.
Do you like my lights? CFLs and LEDS.

Top Bottom