crimping...a lost technique?

• Thread starter mastacheeser
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mastacheeser

mastacheeser

had a friend crimp all his og 4 weeks into flower. i was very skeptical at first, but those things EXPLODED over the next couple days. about to try it myself over the next couple grows. im trying it on oaksterdam og, krytonite og, og kush, and blue dream. all aeroponic for now, but will try on my dirt as time allows

anybody do much of this? feel free to add anything, i will be getting pics up over the next couple months to detail results

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
Is that the same as super cropping, If not will you please explain?? I have a few Og crosses and would like to know more about it if it help's your yield on them please .

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

im having probs finding info on it, maybe its generally called something else
this is the closest i could find except it was done later in flower
im not using it to control stretching, doing it to increase yeild

Crimping

Cannabis stem that has been crimped, then healed to be stronger.
What is it?
Crimping is where the grower squishes the outer husk of a portion of stem, breaking the interlayer apart. Once the plant heals the stem will be thicker and able to hold more weight. This is also a good way to combat stretching in your plants since she will be focusing on repairing the breakage instead of concentrating on vertical growth.
How do I do it?
What you will want to do is take a portion of stem below a node and squish it between your index finger and thumb until you feel it squish. You may even hear the crack when the phloem and xylem break up. Try not to squish it so hard that it breaks the outer layer, but it if does she'll still be fine.
Why does it work?
Because it grows back stronger. The stronger the stem, the more bud it can hold up! Also the damage makes the plant focus repairing on the wound, rather than lateral growth. Great to use if shes a big stretcher.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

When are u crimping them? Like day_

i crimp all day lol

day 29 is when he did it

im going to play around with it. i have one cycle on day 25(aeroflo) one cycle on day 21(soil) and one cycle on day 14(aeroflo)

im thinking im going to crimp some stuff beginning of week 4, some beginning of week 3, and then leave most of it alone to get a real good comparison

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
Pretty much the same as supercropping. Some people like to pinch and then bend them over to control canopy height. I just give them a good pinch until they pop. Youll see the stems get thicker where you pinched them. Almost like a knuckle. My plants stems and branches look like the knuckles of an old dude with rheumatoid arthristis.

It can increase yield and strengthen branches. Some strains dont like it though so beware. OG's seem to respond well in general.

T

thefabman

Premium Member
Supporter
Maybe it is cause of my rheumatiod arthritis this all the time.... Nope just to improve yield and control stretch!!

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

thought supercropping is all pre flower? and was just bending

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I do this all the time - crimping is what you do before you bend them when your supercropping - you crimp them and then fold the stem over otherwise it will snap

turbo14

turbo14

I do this all the time - crimping is what you do before you bend them when your supercropping - you crimp them and then fold the stem over otherwise it will snap

What he said..

Some of your biggest buds will come from the broken neck stems, the crimp will usually turn to a HUGE knot:)

turbo

green punk

green punk

You can also twist the stem (like giving a indian burn or a snake bite) to someones arm. The outer cambian layer will twist and not break but the inner hurd portion of the stem will crack. as the plant heals you may end up with slits through stem that you can actually see through. The plants seem to send a bunch of energy to the damaged stem, like when a person twists their knee and it swells. This results in the whole branch getting more nutes and the buds swell and benefit. Try it on a branch. I ve seen branches that have been twisted kick out as much as 50% more bud than the untouched ones on the same plant. Old news, but it works.

turbo14

turbo14

Thought about you guys at work yesterday and wanted to take a few pics of before and after crimping.. You can get hella branching :)

Enjoy

Before:
2011-06-26_15_21_39.jpg

2011-06-26_15_21_46.jpg

After:
2011-06-27_12_30_36.jpg

2011-06-27_12_30_31.jpg

Results are after one day:)

turbo

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
Ive also noticed if you strip all the sunleaves under the crimp the branches explode all the grow tips where the leaves are removed will fight for top cola

N

Ne Obliviscaris

I 'crimp' in veg to increase the # of branches (what commonly gets referred to as 'supercropping' on here), but I've never done it 4 weeks into flower. Does it actually increase bud growth? I always assumed that once the plants had flipped it wouldnt necesarily be a good thing as it would promote growth in another branch instead of promoting flower development. Am I incorrect on this?

ProdigyGrower

ProdigyGrower

Alien Junkie and bush master
Supporter
I've Ben trying Kyle kushmans style of super cropping. He has a video on YouTube where he explains how you actuall twist the branch till it snaps every 3 or 4 inches up each branch all the way through vegg. It makes your plant look lumpy has hell but it deff makes her way stronger and from what kushman says it eleminates the need for a trellis or cages the plants have enough strength to support them selves this way will see how it goes!!

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

I 'crimp' in veg to increase the # of branches (what commonly gets referred to as 'supercropping' on here), but I've never done it 4 weeks into flower. Does it actually increase bud growth? I always assumed that once the plants had flipped it wouldnt necesarily be a good thing as it would promote growth in another branch instead of promoting flower development. Am I incorrect on this?

first round of results in 4-5 weeks. id imagine it'll take 3-4 months before im really comfortable cracking on flowering buds, and that needs to happend before i can determine if i really like it.
i was going to take pictures but 3rd phone this year down the drain. will get pics taken whenever my phone carrier quits being gay

D

dr.roots

Super cropping OG's works great.. I super crop the tahoe's and larry og's till 4th week of flowering... Only way i can get a good yield off them. Kyle kushman explains it great..

Its also ideal to produce a nice even canopy for good light consumption.

http://i449.invalid.com/albums/qq214/ProgressiveOptions/DSCF1524.jpg

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

just in the last couple days it become fairly obvious that this is a very good technique. the stuff i thought for sure i just busted off turned out to show the most obvious improvement. this is basically against all my instincts as a farmer but god dam
sorry pics are crap, just trying to give people a general jist. pics are of larry og. the blue dream seems to be loving it as well

Top Bottom