Critical Kush Grow Journal (barneys Farm Seeds)

• Thread starter eskiiboy uk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
eskiiboy uk

eskiiboy uk

Well, its cold, wet and windy here in the UK, mother nature at its best, still at least it's tropical in my grow tent haha;) I often think to myself i should pull up a deck chair, find my sunglasses and crack open a cold one pretend I'm on a beach somewhere, instead I spark up a fat one and tend to my baby's, equally as happy!!
Anyway, after being let down on some clones i was promised i decided id get some seeds instead, so me and the wife went on a 2day break to amsterdam and i bought 5 barneys farm critical kush seeds(feminised) thought I'd give em a go (first time from seed mind).

so February 2nd I went to the hydro shop and bought some root riots, got myself a propergator and a nice 150w cfl, got home and planted the seeds, I didn't mess about soaking in a paper towel or in glass of water etc I just chucked em straight in to the root riots and in to the propergator, placed in my boiler cupboard in complete darkness and left them over night.

To my surprise it only took 48 hours for the seedlings to show their heads with all 5 showing tap roots poking thru the bottom of the cubes, at this point I placed my 150w cfl above them for 2 days before repotting them in to 11l pots and moving them into the grow tent with the 600w hps.
Anyway, everything was running smoothly until they decided to turn yellow on me and didn't grow for a full week, at first I thought it was the lights but after doing some research I soon realised it was either nitrogen or a lack of cal mag, so back to the hydro store it was. I picked up a bottle of shogun cal mag plus and added some to my nute mix and also made up a foiler feed, 2 days later they'd turned green again and almost doubled in size, I was back on track ;)

I'm now at day 20 from seed and things are looking good, posting some pics below for you guys and il continue to do so for the full grow;)
Any questions or Wat ever just fire away..
Critical kush grow journal barneys farm seeds
Critical kush grow journal barneys farm seeds 2
Critical kush grow journal barneys farm seeds 3
Critical kush grow journal barneys farm seeds 4
Critical kush grow journal barneys farm seeds 5
Critical kush grow journal barneys farm seeds 6
Critical kush grow journal barneys farm seeds 7

Orcaman

Orcaman

Very nice set up you have. I'm currently growing some Critical Cure by Barneys and have always been very pleased with their strains. Keep up the green thumb and you won't be denied!:)

Renseller

Renseller

Glad to see your little ladies picked back up after yellowing a bit. :)

Best wishes to you and your youngins!

ghettogrower

ghettogrower

Nice 1 man happy farming nice to see another fellow uker tenting it up :) I've done batneyd farm blue cheese and pinapple chunk the blue cheese was terrible but the chunk was amazing I've heard good things about the critical kush as well....good luck man

Ghett

eskiiboy uk

eskiiboy uk

Cheers guys and girls your input is much appreciated, this is my second grow, my first was from clones(uk cheese) and man did it stink, had 21 plants SOG style under 2x 600w hps, vegd for 2 weeks and flowered for 9 and got 29 ounce of the strongest weed iv had the pleasure of smoking, here's a few pics, for my first grow I was over the moon!!!
DSC 0389
DSC 0395
DSC 0391
DSC 0401

ghettogrower

ghettogrower

How come your not still growing it man? U can't let a good cheese go lol I'm running exo cheese and psycho have been for the past year now ill always keep em intnink lol and Yeh stinky pinky ain't the word mate buds don't need curing or anything just strait up stank

eskiiboy uk

eskiiboy uk

Anyway back to the critical kush; ) now on day 22 and going strong, always surprises me how quick they grow!! Few more pics here to keep you all, I'm taking a pic from the same angle every night so we can see the daily progress, also if you look at the last pic below, only one leaf from the new growth has formed, after closer inspection tho its actually growing 2 branches instead of the one, hence the slower growth, is this quite a common thing or?? Just thought I'd ask :) cheers guys.
PicsArt 1424821925107
PicsArt 1424822021872
PicsArt 1424822125502
PicsArt 1424912196247
PicsArt 1424912281989
PicsArt 1424912390610
PicsArt 1424821925107
PicsArt 1424822021872
PicsArt 1424822125502
PicsArt 1424912196247
PicsArt 1424912281989
PicsArt 1424912390610

eskiiboy uk

eskiiboy uk

Sorry for all the pics, uploaded twice for some reason, smart phones not so smart! !

Last edited:
eskiiboy uk

eskiiboy uk

How come your not still growing it man? U can't let a good cheese go lol I'm running exo cheese and psycho have been for the past year now ill always keep em intnink lol and Yeh stinky pinky ain't the word mate buds don't need curing or anything just strait up stank
Had to ditch everything man, house got raided but luckily they never checked the loft, wife was panicking then so had to get everything out, long story short I got caught pickin up 20 oz so got nicked and raided, on bail till april till I find out my fate, my records clean tho only got 2 caution's so probably get a fine and community service tops.. managed to convince the wife to grow small, so 5 plants in a 80x80x160 tent it is, tiny compared to the last grow but as long as I don't have to pay for pissy 2g 20 bags everyday I'm happy!! I do miss the strain best cheese Id ever had, guts me!!!

ghettogrower

ghettogrower

Hard times bruv shit happens we live n learn ay a lot if us growers have been thru shit times and risky situations but u learn from mistakes man...fuck the law and grow more I say lol hope it all goes well for ya bro...where in UK u from? I'm mindalnds area

eskiiboy uk

eskiiboy uk

From lancashire mate, leeds originally lol left one shit hole for another!!! Dont get me started mate,
Criminalising otherwise honest people, takes the piss, I'm a carer for my wife, she's on a few medications like morphine etc which do nothing but fuck your body up long term, weed is the only thing out there that helps her pain and all the rest of it, its a medicine for her and the best one at that, hence why I buy in bulk, or at least I did do until I became 4 grand down thanks to the pigs, condemning it as a class b drug is fucking ridiculous and it costs tax payers £2billion a year in petty cannabis caution's, winds me up !!! Another 12 weeks or so and il be on top again tho ;)!! Cheers man likewise with you..

A little pic here that made me laugh, thought I'd share it with you lot, who said money doesn't grow on trees ;)

K

kolah

..really nice, man. I've always read about BF and how his gear wins a lots of cups but I ain't seen much of his weed being grown...nor have I smoked any of it.

mrgrowguy

mrgrowguy

Hi there! I actually ran a fem critical kush seed from BF last year. When I flowered the seed stock, it went fine. The smoke was good. But I ran twelve clones of the same plant a run later and 6 of then hermied unfortunately.

Go figure, that was the plant that I found out I'm allergic to nugs with nanners, shit. I even tried making hash, trying to filter out the pollen, but I still had bad reactions to that plant, lol... Grrr.

That was my only experience with BF other than the two seeds that fired not germ. Though, I have to assume they did not germ due to my own mistakes.

eskiiboy uk

eskiiboy uk

Day 23 update, nothing much to report, hooked up my fan and filter tonight, brought the temps down by a good few degrees so hoping to drop the a light a few more inches in the morning, mixed a up a nute mix ready for there morning drink aswel, 10 ml canna a+b to 5l water and a splash of calmag, been slowly increasing nute strength and I'm up to half the recommended dose atm and all seems happy, couple more weeks and they'll be ready for the flip
PicsArt 1424997454447
PicsArt 1424997363882

eskiiboy uk

eskiiboy uk

Day 25, looking good, lots of new growth, they definitely liked the half strength nute mix I gave them yesterday morning ;)..
dropped the light another 4 inches tonight also, not sure how close is too close but my temps at canopy level are a steady 25-27c and my light is 26inch away, considering buying myself an air cooled hood, would I see a major difference in growth rate with the light being able to be closer to canopy level or? Money's tight but I'm a sucker for some new kit, especially wen it comes to the perfect grow room;)

Anyway day 25 pics below
PicsArt 1425167591338
PicsArt 1425167639746

Latest posts

Top Bottom