• Thread starter Vonkins
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vonkins

Vonkins

I wonder why daily res changes didn't work with plain tap water

SweetTooth75

SweetTooth75

Distilled water, a rockwell cube and CloneX is all you need. I bat 1000 almost every crop.

Vonkins

Vonkins

I just figured out my problem I do believe. My aerocloner is failing because I haven' taken my ecoplus 633 apart and scrubbed it. Plus I should stop using airstones in there. Airstones and airline are just more areas that can be contaminated. Especially in airstone pores. The simple circulation of water in an aerocloner provides plenty of oxygen for rooting clones. Air pump is just another heat source in the rez. I just found some info from the permaclone website. If u follow their sterilization process and use they'e solution recipe u will golden. I just seen a members post on here that follows it to a T. His freaking roots are just plain ridiculous. I guess I'm going to jump on that train now. I did a lot of reading on the permaclone site and he described my issues like they were his. My root and foliar pack along with my ewc will just improve my ladies and do away with any infestations or issues in the root zone so no waste there.

B

brimck325

i think your problem is your thinking way to much. tap water and powder is all i use and lot of times i don't use the powder. temps seem to be a big issue with cloners, i only use mine in winter if at all.

Vonkins

Vonkins

i think your problem is your thinking way to much. tap water and powder is all i use and lot of times i don't use the powder. temps seem to be a big issue with cloners, i only use mine in winter if at all.
Ur dead on about temps. Ur also dead on when it comes to only using a cloner in winter. I can't afford to keep my growroom at 72 degrees. Thats the ambient temp I like when aero or bubble cloning. 75 degrees in the rez is great for me, at least I think. Like I said my main problems were trying to clone in a 78 degree ambient temp room during summer and not taking apart my water pump and scrubbing it. 78 degree ambient temps led to 80+ degree rez temps on top of bad bacteria hiding in my water pump. I bet those bad bacteria exploded with all that oxygen and higher temps. No fucking wonder I failed. It' so funny when the light in ur head clicks on. I just said to myself why in the hell didn't I think of this before.

Vonkins

Vonkins

Don't know if this helps, but I posted a thread on cleaning submersible pumps a while back. Mine was nasty as hell, they say cleanliness is king!

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/submersible-pump-disassembly.92314/
U da man
Don't know if this helps, but I posted a thread on cleaning submersible pumps a while back. Mine was nasty as hell, they say cleanliness is king!

https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/submersible-pump-disassembly.92314/
Great post!!

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

I agree with thoes saying you don't need all that.
A) You'r cutting your clones far too big.
See what you can get for the clones, take the $, and get a couple Mondi trays, and tips. Get some Dip n grow cloning hormone, and rapid rioters, or rockwool.
Feed the mom lightly, or w/bloom nutes about an hour b4 u take the cuts. Take 5 inch cuts tops, cut about halfway down the fan leaves (don't leave many) but have 3 growth shoots on each clone). I'll post a pic in a min.
I needed 300 clones every 4-5 weeks ready to go, so failure is not an option. Make your cuts on an angle, and make the cut at the node if possible. If using rockwool, don't put em in soaked, and don't squeeze. Shake em out till they'r good and damp. Temps as cloes to 75 as possible. Make sure mom is super healthy.
Do not mist the clones. Mist the plastic tops once a day. After day 3 open vents slightly. As they begin to dry out, you'll see roots. If they'r getting too dry, dip em in 5.4 water. Tap is fine, unless you live in Flint or something.
If ya have any ?'s, feel free. It's super easy, don't over think. I'll take a few pics in a min. Gotta charge.
Oh, finally don't give em too much light, or nutes. Maybe a drop of Roots Excel, as if they have everything they need, the have no reason to root. (Make em search for light, and water)

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

Here ya go. If ya keep em growing while rooting, your golden, and drastically cut down veg time. Keep best for next mothers. I'm enjoying my time off :)
Be patient too. Some strains may only take 4 days, others 2 weeks +

20180110 183956
20180110 184040
20180110 184051
Dbear180

Dbear180

I was having issues with my ez cloner & no roots after two weeks. I took someone's advice & put it on a 5/20 recycle timer instead of running 24/7 & it helped motivate them to search for water while the pump was off so I believe that solved my problem. All I use is tap water & a shot of 30% h2o2 every 3-5 days.
20171226 160111

Vonkins

Vonkins

I was having issues with my ez cloner & no roots after two weeks. I took someone's advice & put it on a 5/20 recycle timer instead of running 24/7 & it helped motivate them to search for water while the pump was off so I believe that solved my problem. All I use is tap water & a shot of 30% h2o2 every 3-5 days. View attachment 770260
So u think a timer run 24/7 slows rooting down. I would think it only raises rez temps. In my situation I need my rez temps to raise in winter. Ambient room temp is 62 degrees. So does is slow down rooting because of temps rising or because of other reasons. Please explain other reasons if any?

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

My pump runs 24/7 on all my aero cloners. Dip n grow at 20% dilution
Soaked 5 mins
NOW ADDING 1.5-2ml dip n grow at 20% dilution to each cliner at the 1st sign of root nibs. It' a waste before, and you waiting too late after root growth gets going. I just tested when to put dngin the aero cloner water. At 1st sign of root nibs is perfect, and works.

See pic below. There are 10 strains in the cloner. All taken same time, same everything. I posted this tweak and pic in another thread, but cant find it.

Exit
Below is ONLY 1x 4' 2bulb t8 6400k light, pu.p runs 24/7, small air stone, Tap water ph to 6.0. Dip n grow soak for 5min. That'
It.
20171228 201125

Last edited:
Vonkins

Vonkins

My pump runs 24/7 on all my aero cloners. Dip n grow at 20% dilution
Soaked 5 mins
NOW ADDING 1.5-2ml dip n grow at 20% dilution to each cliner at the 1st sign of root nibs. It' a waste before, and you waiting too late after root growth gets going. I just tested when to put dngin the aero cloner water. At 1st sign of root nibs is perfect, and works.

See pic below. There are 10 strains in the cloner. All taken same time, same everything. I posted this tweak and pic in another thread, but cant find it.

Exit
Below is ONLY 1x 4' 2bulb t8 6400k light, pu.p runs 24/7, small air stone, Tap water ph to 6.0. Dip n grow soak for 5min. That'
It.
View attachment 770265
Damnit man!!!!! That' exactly what I'm trying to achieve. It's crazy how something can be so easy for 1 person and a fucking nightmare for another.

Top Bottom