Critique/modify My Cloning Solution

• Thread starter Vonkins
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Vonkins

Vonkins

My pump runs 24/7 on all my aero cloners. Dip n grow at 20% dilution
Soaked 5 mins
NOW ADDING 1.5-2ml dip n grow at 20% dilution to each cliner at the 1st sign of root nibs. It' a waste before, and you waiting too late after root growth gets going. I just tested when to put dngin the aero cloner water. At 1st sign of root nibs is perfect, and works.

See pic below. There are 10 strains in the cloner. All taken same time, same everything. I posted this tweak and pic in another thread, but cant find it.

Exit
Below is ONLY 1x 4' 2bulb t8 6400k light, pu.p runs 24/7, small air stone, Tap water ph to 6.0. Dip n grow soak for 5min. That'
It.
View attachment 770265
How do u clean/maintain your cloner in between taking clones. What your water temp? Do u use anything to keep the water sterile while cloning? Are u filling your cloner up completely with the 20%D&G solution after nubs are seen or adding a specific amount of D&G to water in your cloner

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I also top off with fresh tap I ph to 6.0 daily.

Ahhh there' the answer. I' crazy clean. (Stupid phone doesn' like to put the letter after the ').

Rinse plain water, take apart
Add 1 cap bleach. Fill. Cover. Run 24hrs
Rinse real good, take apart
Add half bottle store bought h2o2 and refill.
Cover, run 24hrs.
Rinse and take apart
Refill plain h2o.
Run 24hrs
Rinse, and done.

I have cloners and pumps going on 4 yrs. I put in the neo discs and net pots in each cleaning stage and the o2 line and stone.

I'e also been doing this for many years.

Vonkins

Vonkins

Ahhh there' the answer. I' crazy clean. (Stupid phone doesn' like to put the letter after the ').

Cover, run 24hrs.
Rinse and take apart
Refill plain h2o.
Run 24hrs
Rinse, and done.

I have cloners and pumps going on 4 yrs. I put in the neo discs and net pots in each cleaning stage and the o2 line and stone.

Great cleaning regimen

Vonkins

Vonkins

Cover, run 24hrs.
Rinse and take apart
Refill plain h2o.
Run 24hrs
Rinse, and done.

I'e also been doing this for many years.[/Q

Cover, run 24hrs.
Rinse and take apart
Refill plain h2o.
Run 24hrs
Rinse, and done.

I'e also been doing this for many years
I finally figured out my problem. My water pump is an ecoplus 633. This water pump, like alot of others, has a back plate. This back plate is glued somehow. I read that if this back plate isn't removed then this cloner would continue to fail no matter what. Also I wasn' t removing the impeller and internals either. With that being said, I use to put a half gallon of bleach in my cloner and let it circulate for 24hrs, rinse, then add the other half gallon for another 24 hrs. Now this back plate is vented. U would think a bleach solution that strong would kill anything it comes in contact with. I'm sure that bleach water got behind the back plate. It's impossible for it not to. The reason I didn't remove either of the 2 is cause I figured that crazy strong bleach solution would kill anything after circulating for 48hrs total. Well I had to break the back plate off last night and I removed impeller and cleaned the parts with my bare hands submerged in bleach water. I put everything back together and turned it on. I'm going to rinse it and add more bleach for 24 hrs more circulation plus get a tooth brush and scrub the pump inside and out with bleach. I' also going to add a little concentrated dish washing liquid to the bleach solution. Recommended by permaclone.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Vonkins

Vonkins

Cover, run 24hrs.
Rinse and take apart
Refill plain h2o.
Run 24hrs
Rinse, and done.

Permaclone has an awesome cleaning and cloning regimen. Check it out. Great info!

Vonkins

Vonkins

Alright guys I followed permaclone instructions on how to clean a failing cloner and how to get started back up. I put 5 girls in there Saturday. All I added was bleach at .1ml/gal twice, (Recommended by permaclone), which came out to 2ml in 10 gal of water. I then added clones, let it circulate for 5 min then added dyna gro kln and protekt. When should I change the rez or add more bleach and dyna gro. Basically how long should I let this solution go for. I haven't even peeked in the cloner since Saturday.

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Does it say on the permaclone site? I change water every 2 weeks. But I top off daily with fresh water.

Vonkins

Vonkins

Does it say on the permaclone site? I change water every 2 weeks. But I top off daily with fresh water.
For some reason it doesn't say on permaclone site. I also noticed it didn't mention anything about adding ph to the solution.

Last edited:
Vonkins

Vonkins

Does ur cloner use that much water? I add 10 gal and it seems to be 10 gal a wk or so later. If I topped off daily it would overflow. Do u ph ur solution before u get roots. Does cloning solution require ph adjustment before adding cuttings or only after roots show?

coloradoBTC

coloradoBTC

have you tried transplanting a clone after you get the white bumps?
it doesnt work every time but hey

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Any aero cloner works in the same principal. The maker has no part in what it does. So for that fact alone, you do a ton more steps than is really needed. Your "cloner" calls for this, that, this, and that as well.

I only use tap water ph to 6.0. I also do NOT soak my cuttings any more in the dip n grow stuff. I now add 2.5ml dip n grow (at 20% dilution) to every cloner as soon as I see the roots nibs (about 4-5 days).

When I say top off water daily.
I fill my cloner with water up to the bottom of the mister rail. As the plant grows roots, it draws up the water, and empties the cloner a bit. so i top off almost daily with fresh 6.0 tap.

Vonkins

Vonkins

Alright guys here's an update. Not shit! The clones still look the same exact way they did the day I took them, which was Saturday. Stems look perfect but I don' see any nubs anywhere. Not even the little white dots that turn to nubs. I know it' only day 5. Most people say they r seeing nubs and roots by day 5. Like I said nothing but a healthy looking stem

Vonkins

Vonkins

Water temp was 65 with ph of 6.5. I lowered the ph to 5.8. From what I've read ph really doesn't affect clones until roots are established. I could be wrong. When I opened the cloner it smelt so damn clean!!

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Water temp was 65 with ph of 6.5. I lowered the ph to 5.8. From what I've read ph really doesn't affect clones until roots are established. I could be wrong. When I opened the cloner it smelt so damn clean!!
Thats correct..water temp of 65 may be a little low. ..do you scrape or score the stem?

Vonkins

Vonkins

Thats correct..water temp of 65 may be a little low. ..do you scrape or score the stem?
No sir I didnt. My res is sitting on a seedling heat mat. It's so damn cold my room is staying 61.

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

I've tried plain water changed everyay with no good results. That's as simple as I can keep it. Got bumps pretty fast but that's it.
Add a timer, 30 on 30 off, don't scrape the stems just make your cut

RHINObeast

RHINObeast

Ur dead on about temps. Ur also dead on when it comes to only using a cloner in winter. I can't afford to keep my growroom at 72 degrees. Thats the ambient temp I like when aero or bubble cloning. 75 degrees in the rez is great for me, at least I think. Like I said my main problems were trying to clone in a 78 degree ambient temp room during summer and not taking apart my water pump and scrubbing it. 78 degree ambient temps led to 80+ degree rez temps on top of bad bacteria hiding in my water pump. I bet those bad bacteria exploded with all that oxygen and higher temps. No fucking wonder I failed. It' so funny when the light in ur head clicks on. I just said to myself why in the hell didn't I think of this before.
Everyone has there own way but when I see bumps and no roots, it means there getting hit with water 24/7 and they're not gonna work to make those roots properly, you need oxygen, I mentioned the timer and 30/30 intervals. Dude all that crap you listed you put in is shit you put into a grown plant. Add 30ml clonex to your resevoir only and dip your clones immediately after you make your cut in any rooting gel. I like my water temps at 62-65

Top Bottom