Crop K. Seeds Black Domina 4x4 DWC

• Thread starter ninjadip
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ninjadip

ninjadip

Dayuum those are some frosty colas man. Thats it! Your hooked on growing so u qualify as an essential worker lmao. Good job! And i dont see how lowering root temps end of flower would hurt anything, as long as its late enough in flower that u wont risk stress hermies.
What's the coldest you have gone? And are you in soil or soilless

ninjadip

ninjadip

Dayuum those are some frosty colas man. Thats it! Your hooked on growing so u qualify as an essential worker lmao. Good job! And i dont see how lowering root temps end of flower would hurt anything, as long as its late enough in flower that u wont risk stress hermies.
when does this time frame start? that stress won't make herms and instead ripen. 2 weeks out?

ninjadip

ninjadip

this is a corner i haven't been showing off, back right corner, under cheap chinese light. still doing good. that one cola behind this one is massive :)
i thought it was going to take me 4-5 grows to get big colas, yeah they aren't the biggest, but they are big enough to make me happy, super dense, and super sticky, oozing in fact

Zombierider

Zombierider

Zombierider

Zombierider

this is a corner i haven't been showing off, back right corner, under cheap chinese light. still doing good. that one cola behind this one is massive :)
i thought it was going to take me 4-5 grows to get big colas, yeah they aren't the biggest, but they are big enough to make me happy, super dense, and super sticky, oozing in fact

View attachment 1309493
I can smell it from here! Literally...bro your smelling up the entire state lol. Colas for dayzz

Zombierider

Zombierider

Disclaimer: the efficacy of these methods of boosting trichome and terp production at end of flower is "debateable" to say the least lol. Its kinda like, cant hurt to try but dont hold your breath lol.

ninjadip

ninjadip

Sup bro! I am in 100% coco coir. I have seen my res go down to like 62 degrees and it didnt seem to bother them. I wouldnt do anything high stress until last week of flower to be safe. This article talks a bit about high stress at end of flower. https://www.zamnesia.com/blog-boost-trichome-production-before-harvesting-cannabis-n1822
cool article. they still have that myth-busted 48 hour darkness there. but of course that is still everywhere on the internet.

never heard of splitting stems.. is that similar to the nail in the stalk? do you do the stem splitting?

Did you purposefully set your res to 62f? or it just got down there for a little bit? when i top off my cold water is around there 62, but the chiller/heater warms the res back up to my set temp.

All i'm doing now is ambient air temps. but i might lower my res temp the last week to 65. idk.

ninjadip

ninjadip

I can smell it from here! Literally...bro your smelling up the entire state lol. Colas for dayzz
Yes, for days!! All day! Lol

Can't wait to do a scrog in there for next run!!!!

Fyi the plant that looks the worst up front in the corner is one I almost killed when I was fighting root rot, I over sterilized it, but now I see new white root growth and the plant is trying to finish out now instead of just dying lol.

Here is what a grow looks like when the grower doesn't believe he will have enough buds to ever worry about cola weight 😆

Lesson learned... If you don't prepare for the best(or in my case semi-best), you will have an adhoc jungle grow at the end!

Last edited:
Zombierider

Zombierider

here is the one i root rot saved and almost killed in the process.
View attachment 1309523
cool article. they still have that myth-busted 48 hour darkness there. but of course that is still everywhere on the internet.

never heard of splitting stems.. is that similar to the nail in the stalk? do you do the stem splitting?

Did you purposefully set your res to 62f? or it just got down there for a little bit? when i top off my cold water is around there 62, but the chiller/heater warms the res back up to my set temp.

All i'm doing now is ambient air temps. but i might lower my res temp the last week to 65. idk.
Yeah I saw the 48hr darkness thing but linked it cuz of the ice water thing it talks about. And nah it just went down to 62 cuz of ambient temps (I kept the res in the next room which got too cold).
I do the lowering of the room temps the last 3 weeks of flower, I go from avg 75f and end at 73 avg, letting it get no more than 8-10 degrees difference at night. Basically, trying to mimic the ending of the fall and winter coming. I also shorten the hours of light the last week to 11 on 13 off, to encourage senescence if they arent ripening as fast as I'd like.

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Fyi the plant that looks the worst up front in the corner is one I almost killed when I was fighting root rot, I over sterilized it, but now I see new white root growth and the plant is trying to finish out now instead of just dying lol.

Here is what a grow looks like when the grower doesn't believe he will have enough buds to ever worry about cola weight 😆

Lesson learned... If you don't prepare for the best(or in my case semi-best), you will have an adhoc jungle grow at the end!
Gday mate sweet grow icky sticky I did notice on the left hand side a couple colas lying against the side of the tent I suppose it’s hard with big buds flopping everywhere😂 I’d try n get em off the side of the tent man don’t want no mold getting into them beautiful ladies of yours👍

Zombierider

Zombierider

Yeah bro next run, when you run a scrog, its gonna be like a jungle except youll be like tarzan kinging it up forcing colas to do your bidding!

ninjadip

ninjadip

Gday mate sweet grow icky sticky I did notice on the left hand side a couple colas lying against the side of the tent I suppose it’s hard with big buds flopping everywhere😂 I’d try n get em off the side of the tent man don’t want no mold getting into them beautiful ladies of yours👍
Oh yeah I've tried but to no avail. I could tie them up I guess with some twine, hm

So I don't think I'll get any mold, or at least I hope not. I have super overkill air flow, two 4" intake, and one 8" exhaust that is like a jet engine, moves 720 cfm, without a carbon filter on it, it has nothing to slow it down besides two small bends in the ducting.

I'm trying to get in there every day and do some trimming now that I'm on vacation.

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Oh yeah I've tried but to no avail. I could tie them up I guess with some twine, hm

So I don't think I'll get any mold, or at least I hope not. I have super overkill air flow, two 4" intake, and one 8" exhaust that is like a jet engine, moves 720 cfm, without a carbon filter on it, it has nothing to slow it down besides two small bends in the ducting.

I'm trying to get in there every day and do some trimming now that I'm on vacation.
Well your killing it anyway man it’s great that your worst problem is massive buds flopping over always a great problem to have👍

ninjadip

ninjadip

Yeah bro next run, when you run a scrog, its gonna be like a jungle except youll be like tarzan kinging it up forcing colas to do your bidding!
I can't effin wait!!!!!!

Plan is to flip at that perfect time so that less trimming has to be done, but instead utilize training techniques like scrogging.😁

Can't wait to do all the stuff for my next setup, have some work to do after I harvest these. And to tighten up all the aesthetics of wires and what not.

Just got these the other day, hydroponic drip rings to put in my buckets. They are air powered. This is but one of the many upgrades going in to next setup

PXL 20221207 150209407
ninjadip

ninjadip

Well your killing it anyway man it’s great that your worst problem is massive buds flopping over always a great problem to have👍
Oh my worst problem was root rot due to insufficient dissolved oxygen. I tossed two plants before I had to make some upgrades mid in grow. The hardest part was treating the root rot even after fixing the oxygen problem.

It was super stressful to the say the least. It was intensive work every day for about a week. Rez changes, root rinsing, etc... Too many smell checks to keep count. But never again, I got that shit down now. So much so that I not only saved the worst one but it has new root growth this late and is continuing to ripen only slightly behind the others.

Justlovetogrow

Justlovetogrow

Oh my worst problem was root rot due to insufficient dissolved oxygen. I tossed two plants before I had to make some upgrades mid in grow. The hardest part was treating the root rot even after fixing the oxygen problem.

It was super stressful to the say the least. It was intensive work every day for about a week. Rez changes, root rinsing, etc... Too many smell checks to keep count. But never again, I got that shit down now. So much so that I not only saved the worst one but it has new root growth this late and is continuing to ripen only slightly behind the others.
Well done on fixing the rot half way through a grow man a great accomplishment in itself just getting them to the end with rot is a success jeeebus can’t wait to c the next run with no rot might need a bigger tent mate😂

ninjadip

ninjadip

Well done on fixing the rot half way through a grow man a great accomplishment in itself just getting them to the end with rot is a success jeeebus can’t wait to c the next run with no rot might need a bigger tent mate😂
Thanks!

I went nuclear with getting rid of the root rot and did what you're advised not to do, sterilizing a live res. So much so on the worst one that I really expected it to die. Yellowed up bad two days later, I cut the yellow, and went back to live. Well I'm sure I was never sterile, but I was trying to kill the good and the bad, before I added more beneficials. But the plant came back that same week. White roots and new white hairs.

I'm really leaning towards going 100% sterile next run. Just haven't decided with what yet.

And no more room for bigger tent, but I will be scrogging which will help a lot with the canopy

ninjadip

ninjadip

@Moe.Red here is the grow.

So back to your post about the sugars in the other thread, if the plant uses CO2 and water to make glucose, then what does adding sugar(s) to the root zone do in a hydroponic system do? is it worth it?
Specifically: Advanced nutrients Bud Candy 50ml/4 gallon.

And while i have you, lol, what is your opinion on Mr. Fulvic? Idk if it was coincidence at that week in flower(i forget the exact week when i got this) but it felt like the plants really liked it. Will Mr. Fulvic work in a sterile hydro environment? Furthermore will i have to rethink my whole nute line if going sterile next run, like cut out any organics like fulvic acids and kelp products?

You were asking me about the supplemental lights i have in this grow and I think you wanted to help me get those results in the other tent(2x2) that i said didn't look that great. Idk if it was just the supplemental lights in this one, or all of the other factors. It's just hitting me now that the one in the 2x2 is probably not as appealing because it got pollenated and is busy producing mad seeds instead of buds. Yeah, that makes sense.... Feel like a moron for not thinking of that before.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

@Moe.Red here is the grow.

So back to your post about the sugars in the other thread, if the plant uses CO2 and water to make glucose, then what does adding sugar(s) to the root zone do in a hydroponic system do? is it worth it?
Specifically: Advanced nutrients Bud Candy 50ml/4 gallon.

And while i have you, lol, what is your opinion on Mr. Fulvic? Idk if it was coincidence at that week in flower(i forget the exact week when i got this) but it felt like the plants really liked it. Will Mr. Fulvic work in a sterile hydro environment? Furthermore will i have to rethink my whole nute line if going sterile next run, like cut out any organics like fulvic acids and kelp products?

You were asking me about the supplemental lights i have in this grow and I think you wanted to help me get those results in the other tent(2x2) that i said didn't look that great. Idk if it was just the supplemental lights in this one, or all of the other factors. It's just hitting me now that the one in the 2x2 is probably not as appealing because it got pollenated and is busy producing mad seeds instead of buds. Yeah, that makes sense.... Feel like a moron for not thinking of that before.
Sorry I have not read the thread but I'll dive in best I can.

carbohydrates cannot be taken up by the plant. sugars in the root zone only work to feed biologics there. If you are running sterile you are wasting $. An argument can be made (and would be by me) that even live systems should not have carbs added. It just produces a boom and bust cycle for the biologics.

If you go sterile there is no need for organics, they will only cause issues, this includes kelp.

@Anthem just turned me on to Mr. Fulvic. I am on my first set of grows with it, so I need to reserve judgement for now. I feel comfortable saying it does not hurt, and that the potential is there for this to be a permanent addition to my lineup, but too early to declare victory. Anthem may chime in.

Pollination explains it. 😁

Last edited:
Top Bottom