Crop K. Seeds Black Domina 4x4 DWC

• Thread starter ninjadip
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ninjadip

ninjadip

I dont see the nanners, I just see the calyx's which Im assuming contained the developing seeds. First things first: figure out exactly what caused it, you say root stress, but MAKE SURE it wasnt anything else that might have caused/contributed to it. Have you had any significant temp swings, PH/EC swings? Are there any plugs/dehu's/etc that might emit any light? I caused nanners on my Fire Afghan cookies a couple weeks before harvest cuz of light from a dehu I missed. I harvested just fine though and only had a few undeveloped seeds since it happened late in flower like you. Genetics are definitely what ultimately will determine a plant's capability to hermie, but if your environment is DIALED it will happen less often imo.
So what do I have? A Hermie that pollenated itself to make seeds? This part is all new to me

I had a few stressors, the biggest one being root rot. I tossed two plants from this grow due to it and the fact I needed the space vs saving them. Could have had ph swings with the root rot as this will raise the pH usually, and fast. I can only tell now for sure what my global pH, EC, and water temps are.

Unfortunately, everything is dialed in now, after the fact. I haven't seen any ph spikes since rwdc retrofitted into my system, and some sterilization done to damaged roots.

ninjadip

ninjadip

Holy bananas trichfest 2022 in that b lmfao. Great job growmie, ive been afk for a bit so catching up on ya grow. So far lookin fire bro. Im liking the ph doser, luckily my well water is predictable, i just add 1ml of ph down and im always 5.9-6.2.
I just saw that you are in soil, in hydro, as the plants take up nutrients from the solution, the pH will rise. Depending on how big your reservoir is vs how many plants will determine how fast this happens. One thing people in hydro look for is a slow ph rise. It's an indicator everything is good. If the ph is constant or is dropping then there's lockout, if it's rising very fast or just unstable in general, then most likely there's some bad bacteria blooms happening, plus there will be a foul smell, like I had.

The chiller also does a lot to keep bacteria down in hydro. Really hoping the chiller and the solution being cycled through all the buckets will let me finish this grow out.

And I'm glad you mentioned to check for light leaks. I don't think this could have done it because it's only been in there one day, but I'm glad I looked tonight with the lights off in the dark to notice that the chiller LED display is very bright and blocked it out right away. If I didn't catch that it would most likely have gotten worse. Thanks for that. But after doing that, I didn't see any other light in the tent.

ninjadip

ninjadip

@Zombierider I think I might have found the source of my woes. I was looking at the tents just now, and notice that the one in my 2x2 has mad seeds coming in, and the two plants closest to the tent door on the 4x4 have a few seeds and a few pollen sacs. Not much, 5-10% of those two plants has either seeds and pollen sacs. The plants in the back of the tent seem perfect...

I just remembered how bad that 2x2 had light penetration when I first set it up. Cheap viparspectra tent.... And it's very possible that the big tent has some light leaks around the zipper where the two plants are affected

What do you think??
So glad that dumb 2x2 tent is going to be a veg only tent after this run.

ninjadip

ninjadip

At least I'm getting those big buds for Christmas I've always wanted 🎄⛄🎄 ❤️

Idk if anyone is watching, but they got so heavy they fell over. But because I have so much they were able to hold each other up against the wall!! Lol what a good thing to have

Can't wait to see how this setup does on the next run, when I'll have it more dialed in and in a scrog

ninjadip

ninjadip

@PerfecTrader check that vid out my homie. Those are all the buds that are unaffected and straight fire, or it looks like!!!

ninjadip

ninjadip

Looking real good bro. Fuck yea
Thank you. Soon, maybe starting in one more week, I'll lower night time temps to see if that purple will come out that's in there.

Oh and if I could get in there I would defoliate more, but I'm stuck on one side of the forest lol

Last edited:
Ganjadad

Ganjadad

At least I'm getting those big buds for Christmas I've always wanted 🎄⛄🎄 ❤️

Idk if anyone is watching, but they got so heavy they fell over. But because I have so much they were able to hold each other up against the wall!! Lol what a good thing to have

Can't wait to see how this setup does on the next run, when I'll have it more dialed in and in a scrog
Damn it’s fat and packed in there haha. Looking super good bro👍🏼 I’m flippin my girls today, I can’t wait until I’m at the stage you are bro! Your getting so close

ninjadip

ninjadip

Damn it’s fat and packed in there haha. Looking super good bro👍🏼 I’m flippin my girls today, I can’t wait until I’m at the stage you are bro! Your getting so close
Do you have a thread of that grow you are flipping?

ninjadip

ninjadip

Had to get a new pH probe. Got an apera. Impressed with packaging.

The probe that came with my pH controller was not meant for constant submersion, I found out after the fact. Water level went above sensor and ruined old cheap one, so I got this.

On another note I have bungee cords holding the plants up due to them falling over more and more as they get top heavy. Another reason to scrog next time

PXL 20221206 174556698
PXL 20221206 174808823
ninjadip

ninjadip

@Aqua Man hey boss, I see you are back in action now.

I wanted to know if you ever experimented with lowering root temps in hydro before harvest? Right now the res is at 68-70f and the air temps are 72/62 for lights on, and lights off respectively.

Zombierider

Zombierider

I'm in love!! Really ecstatic with my second grow
Dayuum those are some frosty colas man. Thats it! Your hooked on growing so u qualify as an essential worker lmao. Good job! And i dont see how lowering root temps end of flower would hurt anything, as long as its late enough in flower that u wont risk stress hermies.

Top Bottom