Crystal Candy & Dark Devel Autos By Edinburgh

• Thread starter Edinburgh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Well I took off all the small buds off crystal candy, the rest of my flower I slow cure, the more I smoke the more I like the strain, got a beautiful tap root on big devel xxl it's in it's little hole waiting to be born, took out a nice nug for inspection and I do like what I see & smell, note the classic pine cone indica nug, so far so good.

20190528 165442
Edinburgh

Edinburgh

They had a hump day sale at the pot shop, $5 off any product, I bought fioraden indica kief 491mg thc per gram, thca 46.7, put a bit on my crystal candy and s t, wow°°°😃😃😃😃 I'm currently glued to my couch and can't really write so good, $35g happy trails!

20190529 175701
20190529 175650
Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Ok boys and girls i am going to show you how to identify a bunk autoflower, the last surviving growers choice plant either blueberry or sour kush started to come into its own, but it is over 30 days old, has no smell , no flower no pistols, just 2 vertical spikes at nodes, no 2 v shaped pistols you may see a few stray pistols somewhere on the plant,does not matter this plant will never flower no matter what I do, cut the light cycle? Add bloom nutrients? No! This is a bunk auto plain and simple, look at pic 1, you should see at every node 2 v shaped pistols if you see this on an autoflower it's bunk, pic 2 a shame plant was starting to look ok, the 2 dwarfs do not have this problem at the nodes I am seeing 2 v shaped pistols so even though the plants are autoflowers there is a chance by cutting the light cycle I can induce flowering this strain was only brought to f2, but they stink there girls so there is a chance, with the growers choice plant you don't see that,and I have come across this bs before, so take a look at the node, this goes up the entire plant no pistols, no smell, and it's an autoflower over a month old so your screwed or rather I'm screwed not worth wasting bloom nutrients it will never flower.

20190530 081410
20190530 081613
20190530 081410
Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Ha ha, seems i have 1 late bloomer at day 33 im finally seeing pistols, a nice dwarf, good size, perfect health, did a bit of pruneing as her spurt is ending and I don't like to prune when there in flower, I mean jeez finally, after those 3 bunk gc plants and the other one is unstable I deserve something for all this effort, the only thing happy is my re potted cactus , with f2 plants when they do do well and this one did do good from the start the other one hit her spurt from the rip and when I saw those leaves but this one grew nice and steady hit her spurt and is finally flowering, big devel was born yesterday and has unfolded, in 2 weeks I'll pop either jack47 or dark devel no more messing around with suspect seed stock, now I have to go buy more dirt so boys and girls what have we learned from this dog and pony show? 1 don't buy seeds from growers choice! 2 when growing f2 plants some may be fine, some may not.

20190531 075714
20190531 075732
20190531 075901
Ina

Ina

Ok boys and girls i am going to show you how to identify a bunk autoflower, the last surviving growers choice plant either blueberry or sour kush started to come into its own, but it is over 30 days old, has no smell , no flower no pistols, just 2 vertical spikes at nodes, no 2 v shaped pistols you may see a few stray pistols somewhere on the plant,does not matter this plant will never flower no matter what I do, cut the light cycle? Add bloom nutrients? No! This is a bunk auto plain and simple, look at pic 1, you should see at every node 2 v shaped pistols if you see this on an autoflower it's bunk, pic 2 a shame plant was starting to look ok, the 2 dwarfs do not have this problem at the nodes I am seeing 2 v shaped pistols so even though the plants are autoflowers there is a chance by cutting the light cycle I can induce flowering this strain was only brought to f2, but they stink there girls so there is a chance, with the growers choice plant you don't see that,and I have come across this bs before, so take a look at the node, this goes up the entire plant no pistols, no smell, and it's an autoflower over a month old so your screwed or rather I'm screwed not worth wasting bloom nutrients it will never flower.
And what are you going to do with this one?Seems so healthy?!Would you wait it more or?It has to end some how,I mean it can't grow forever:DNever seen this kind of bunk auto! What is it going to do if you just leave it outside or something?

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Since I bought my tent my plants have been finishing veg 5 to 10 days early I will leave them alone for 12 to 17 days, then add bloom nutrients and put plant under a bloom booster light I have, yes plant is very healthy ph fine but creeping up at 6.5 dew point, hum, temp fine, other plant is in good health to just looks like crap with those leaves a bit smaller but should be ok, may bee.

Ina

Ina

O,yes,the others also look very good.But this one is interesting,how it wont flower!Even if you reduce the light cicle,that's interesting.May be in these 17 days left it will start?If it starts lately that isnt't always a bad thing,i mean some of mine stayed dwarfs,it would be nice if they flowered much later:)I had that super auto,some strain called Champagne ,it started flowering almost like the other photo plants outdoors and it was ready a little bit before them,tiny difference:)I didn't understand if it was auto at all?!:)It wasn't even so fast:)It was nice for smoking...….

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

No ina, I planted 2 red dwarfs by Buddha that were only brought to f2, the 3 growers choice plants I was growing are all bunk, 1 popped and stopped, 1s stem did not grow in perportion to the plant, and the 3rd is bunk, the f2 dwarfs at day 33 are now starting to flower by day 30 you should see your auto starting to flower so it was a few days late will leave in veg till day 45 or 50 depending on how they look, at this time I remove the plants from my tent add bloom nutrients and put them under a bloom booster, most dwarfs are done by day 65, big plants around 80 days, but my ave is 72 days from seed, I ran a super auto over 100 days, I was worried beacuse you never really know what's going to happen with an f2 plant, in my case 1 is fine, 1 has some genetic deformities and multi colored leaves, but that stoped a few sets ago, here is a trick I allways do, when I pop a new plant, in this case big devel I take a bread tie stick it in the dirt and loop it around your seedling, see pic, this will hold it in place until it's stem hardens, I train my seedlings with a fan so the seedling will be held in place while it gently blows around in the breeze, expesily if you get a high pop. All autoflowers have a limited life span but can easily live 80 days, most plants are brought to f3 or more, this ensures stability and uniformity.

20190531 174630
Edinburgh

Edinburgh

And 1 other thing even my little seedlings little leaves are pointing up to the light, same with my plants, this is how you can tell if your light is 2 close, you don't want your seedlings or plants shying away from the light you want there leaves pointing up to it. This prevents light burn and fade.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

6 weeks ago I had five little Indians all in a row, now there are 2, here are the 6th week beauty shots lol pic 1 is both plants side by side the little one is more dwarfish, the larger one is almost a small plant,pic 2 is the larger of the 2,pic 3 is the unstable one, smaller, looks more like a dwarf, needs a prune but its still growing slowly so a prune now will stop her, I'll wait till I switch to bloom nutrients, plants are 34 days at this point so for the next 11 to 16 days all I want is my plants to finish growing, and get the most pistols as possible as that will be what I have to enhance during bloom, pic 4 is the larger of the 2, it has awhile to flower, last pic is the baby .

20190601 081757
20190601 081731
20190601 081705
20190601 080740
20190601 080754
B

Burned Haze

Welcome to THCF and good luck on your journey and hopefully many more!

Your plant looks great and I’m glad your here with all of us.i ran some auto’s and some reg’s from sweet seeds like 7-10 years back ( they were pretty good)
Keep it up and Would love to see a lovely ending/harvest or awesome gems/pheno’s ( keep us posted )

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

I usually do grow sweet seeds, just finished crystal candy, just popped big devel and in 2 weeks will pop jack47 or dark devel, so you will be seeing allot of sweet seeds, the last Pac there was a problem with dark devel my first ever with sweet, but received replacement seeds, right now those 2 plants are red dwarf f2 by Buddha, another good breeder I grew a plant by them called demos but that plant was brought further along.

B

Burned Haze

Just got spammed by some new seed co 149usa, I'm not going to spend mony and see, don't buy growers choice! That's my contribution besides I have pacs of seeds I'm just getting to.

Fuck growershouse lol

I bought 3 cmh bulbs a few months ago, right after receiving them I installed them and 2/3 would not start ( when my old bulbs were fine but old.....)
After phone conversation, email and even me taking pictures .. they wanted me to ship everything even thou they were broken and if they bulb is broken I would think they wouldn’t want the bulbs shipped then ) they also said in their policy if it’s brorken they are not paying, so if ship-I gotta break it or if it was broken in their warehouse before they ship it and they don’t quality contr; they get free bulbs? Wtf... fair if your received caused that’s how I got it right out of the box :(

I address this with them, they gave me so much BS! the cost factors of everything of shipping ,than they wanted me to ship it back to me, then they reduced your whole as they were doing you a fucking good deed.

Some companies are good companies and some are Monsanto’s little bitch..... never again

Last edited by a moderator:
Funk junky

Funk junky

First time I grew an auto it was from sagarmathar.
Don’t know why I chose a plant that was supposed grow 0.5 metre I think I got a little confused and overwhelmed by the choice I had.
Planted late spring early summer if memory serves me well ( being a stoner my memory is not great but process of elimination means I would not have germed outside of that time with the knowledge I had back then)
Damn thing got to late September and only had a few pistols here and there and was about six foot lol.
My friend and his dad agreed to dry my other photoperiod plants, so I said do you want this fucking thing ain’t gonna be ready till Christmas by the looks of it lol.
Yeah I’ll put it in my loft, so after a few trips back and forth to the van like a Christmas tree delivery man on speed.
My buddy took it home to flower still couldn’t finish it damn.
Ps someone earlier said about timing flowering by red pistols, this is strain dependent and not foolproof, most strains you can but trichrome colour is only real way of being sure.
If you have ever grown cheese the pistols mainly stay white with just a few red hairs. There is the odd sativa that you can add too the list too.
Anyway I would call this run very productive as we can now rub gc genetics off Santa’s list an focus on the future, half glass full technology lol

Funk junky

Funk junky

Just a question dose anyone know what the craic is with f2 on an auto.
Was talking about it with Edinburgh , and it dawned on me that when when you f2 a photoperiod it’s sort of like giving you access to the grandparents, is there any chance of ending up with ruderalis and no thc?
Anyone give any insight?

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

No, an f2 autoflower is only crossed 2 times, most good autoflowers are brought to f3 or even further, this ensures stability and uniformity.

Top Bottom