Curing - Glass vs. Plastic Jars

• Thread starter Wrangler
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

djonkoman

I use glass mason jars
never tried plastic, but why try it when glass works and I know from theory that glass is inert unlike plastic

green punk

green punk

Turkey Bags are the best way to go if you are putting up a substantial amount of product. The jars... I feel are kind of a joke. You need to stuff your hard work in and pull it out to effectively rotate/burp it when using jars. The turkey bags allows you to gently place the buds in and tie off the bag, then untie open, turn over and rotate the buds with very little damage to the trics. The cure you get after working with the bags as opposed to jars is indistinguishable.

B

billybadazz

^^^^^buddy hemphill had it right use a plastic oven turkey roasting bag. No taste and can hold a couple p's

G

GrimloxK

can anyone tell me that if I do happen to break my main stem/buds up to more manageable 10 inch or so stems...would that be detrimental?

S

sarahgriffin

anchor-hocking-85679-2-5-gallon-barrel-jar-with-brushed-aluminum-lid.jpg

This one looks not too bad. 2.5 gallons. 13" high x 9" diameter barrel. Just search for 2.5 gallon glass jar. That's the biggest one I've found so far. I bet a restaurant supply would be good for stuff like this.

-TF
I woul

Wolfe

Wolfe

Everything I read says to use paper bags and glass jars for final curing.
My problem is that I grew cola's that are 2 ft long - No, NOT complaining as this was a very good grow; but, does present problems in that I can't find bottles that are 2' long. Since I want to keep them whole, what can I use to final cure in???

Typically you remove the buds from the stem and put it into jars when you can hear the smaller stems crack that are connecting to the larger stems. Then start burping. I’ve got massive jars. I think they carry them at Target now. Or bed bath and beyond.

G

Godfthrfarm

All big growers use big plastic storage containers bought at Walmart or anyplace u can find em but yes leave the kolas intact and trim after curing in containers you can store your smoke in these containers for years and it doesn't lose anything in fact I think it cures it even more over time..I'm a larger grower and I wont use anything else I've tried all methods..trust me this is best

20190913 183210
Wolfe

Wolfe

My garden is pretty damn big and I use jars. I’d show the entire thing but na..... I hear ya though. But if it’s quality you are after. The jars work better in the long run in my opinion.

Wolfe

Wolfe

These babies go into jars... I’ve got plenty and my neighbors even gave me a couple.
It’s for me though and I give some to my friends and family. . If you are a commercial grower then go for the plastic.
It’s up to your circumstances.

FCE7C3DF 4821 43E7 822C FC52DC93D71B
1D939953 423C 428A A2B2 39277F8E477F
D272172F 31C0 49FD 8BB9 CEF1AD4721C1
EE2ABB19 5F43 4DC2 A058 4D8C1AB6859F
B97AB34E 43C8 45FD ACF1 E62666F3A059
Wolfe

Wolfe

Turkey Bags are the best way to go if you are putting up a substantial amount of product. The jars... I feel are kind of a joke. You need to stuff your hard work in and pull it out to effectively rotate/burp it when using jars. The turkey bags allows you to gently place the buds in and tie off the bag, then untie open, turn over and rotate the buds with very little damage to the trics. The cure you get after working with the bags as opposed to jars is indistinguishable.
I’ve done both and is no way a is turkey bag even close to as good as curing it in a jar in my opinion. All I do is open the lid and turn jar.
I don’t stick my hands in there unless it’s to get some bud out.

Wolfe

Wolfe

You should try it all with a little bud in each and see what you like best. I’ve tried all the listed suggestions for sure.

Wolfe

Wolfe

Except one. I heard some guy talking about using a frostless freezer or something to cure weed. I’ve never tried that, but I want to.

BudBogart

BudBogart

You should try it all with a little bud in each and see what you like best. I’ve tried all the listed suggestions for sure.

I was up to about 200 mason jars, burping each one, unscrewing lids, etc. before I went to turkey bags inside a food grade 5 gallon bucket with special twist off lids. I currently have 11 five gallon buckets, lol.
Different situations call for different solutions. For us 5 gallon buckets hold an ideal amount of bud, easily monitored with hygrometers.

H

hawkman

I’ve done both and is no way a is turkey bag even close to as good as curing it in a jar in my opinion. All I do is open the lid and turn jar.
I don’t stick my hands in there unless it’s to get some bud out.
many say "turkey bags" are not the best to use

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

Oven bags until dry enough to smoke.

Too many people go from hanging straight into jars before it's even smokable. Wide Q is success in all steps of production: gradual changes, not sudden curveballs.

Worried about plastic? Well if your nose works you should be able to smell it. I dont think turkey bags are gonna leach if you buy them from name brand manufacturers, like Reynolds, but don't be using no Rubbermaid Walmart under the bed storage crap, youre bud will smell/taste like unflushed hydro.

V

Vandy12

You could use it as a prop an fill it up with different kinds of product.
First AK48, then Northern Lights, etc. That is a big ass jar. Too big for me.
I don't know if I could figure out what kind of humidifier to use...Boost 55
or two of them? It just seems it would be easier to deal with the moisture in a
smaller container.

anchor-hocking-85679-2-5-gallon-barrel-jar-with-brushed-aluminum-lid.jpg

This one looks not too bad. 2.5 gallons. 13" high x 9" diameter barrel. Just search for 2.5 gallon glass jar. That's the biggest one I've found so far. I bet a restaurant supply would be good for stuff like this.

-TF

Aussietokka

Aussietokka

Everything I read says to use paper bags and glass jars for final curing.
My problem is that I grew cola's that are 2 ft long - No, NOT complaining as this was a very good grow; but, does present problems in that I can't find bottles that are 2' long. Since I want to keep them whole, what can I use to final cure in???
Lol 😂 simply cut it in ½ unless your one those types that’s like to sit and admire your 2’ colas? By cutting it ½ simplified your problem!

Aussietokka

Aussietokka

Lol 😂 simply cut it in ½ unless your one those types that’s like to sit and admire your 2’ colas? By cutting it ½ simplified your problem!
And yes I see the irony of the thread by from 2011 but really, can we not think outside the square...

Latest posts

Top Bottom