Curing - "organic" Vs "chemical Nutes"

• Thread starter bibiking
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Well this boils down to matter of opinion, organic as nature intended, to me, has always tastes better.
Chemical or salt farming, has always looks better, and if done right tastes damn good.
There is merit to both methods.
However personal choice is what matters.
I have experienced both and grow commercially and for self / patients use.
Commercial grows require a higher degree of management in feeding etc, it’s easier done in organic media with a salt regiment, hybrid method.
In organic soil, and in numbers of 250k plants, things will inevitably get overlooked and over done, in organic media, it’s forgiving and recovery from mistakes are better.
That’s my view to use old with new. I also grow full organic season runs, meaning I’m running one harvest a year. This is strictly for personal use. I find the long runs to be more rewarding , taste, flavor and actual yeilds.
In commercial we harvest weekly, it’s in a controlled cycle, light dep etc. we find per plant yields to be lower but more cycles achieve more yields in the long run.
Like I said each has its merits and personal preferences.!
I like them both equally but I do prefer the longer old school route.

K

Kot

If I have to grow hundreds or thousands of plants outdoor I will do it with organics. It will be easier I think but the main thing is that chemical fertilizers get flushed when the rains start.

Indoors one or 1000 plants I would grow only with mineral fertilizers in coco.

I pulled 0.6 grams per watt on my first run, 0.8 on my second and now on my 3rd I am pretty sure I will hit the goal - 1 gram per watt. I had 3 main tops on each plant last time and now have 4 which fill the space to the last centimeter.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
If I have to grow hundreds or thousands of plants outdoor I will do it with organics. It will be easier I think but the main thing is that chemical fertilizers get flushed when the rains start.

Indoors one or 1000 plants I would grow only with mineral fertilizers in coco.

I pulled 0.6 grams per watt on my first run, 0.8 on my second and now on my 3rd I am pretty sure I will hit the goal - 1 gram per watt. I had 3 main tops on each plant last time and now have 4 which fill the space to the last centimeter.
It won’t be feasible to do commercial full organic, we been there!!
With salts, quality v quantity is equal to or better.
Organic does taste better however the costs v feed Is higher and market dollar to gram value makes it feasible to go salts unfortunately. Until the market demands higher quality and price points increases I don’t see full organic taking off ,,, yet! But eventually I do anticipate the market realizing the higher quality of organically grown products and the price point settle, kinda a niche product demand, Whole Foods like demand,!

378EBCD8 9B44 4F2E 8864 14B8EE525816
FE12CBEC 65FF 4BBC B6F9 5E00C44849E7
14B481F5 F82E 4FC2 B1F2 063D6EA7715C
A695D3EB 6AA5 4FAE 9CEA BA1F37961E26
BE298C0C 7952 44BE 9742 7036A3CF1C2D
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Well this boils down to matter of opinion, organic as nature intended, to me, has always tastes better.
Chemical or salt farming, has always looks better, and if done right tastes damn good.
Commercial grows require a higher degree of management in feeding etc, it’s easier done in organic media with a salt regiment, hybrid method.
In organic soil, and in numbers of 250k plants, things will inevitably get overlooked and over done, in organic media, it’s forgiving and recovery from mistakes are better.
That’s my view to use old with new. I also grow full organic season runs, meaning I’m running one harvest a year. This is strictly for personal use. I find the long runs to be more rewarding , taste, flavor and actual yeilds.
In commercial we harvest weekly, it’s in a controlled cycle, light dep etc. we find per plant yields to be lower but more cycles achieve more yields in the long run.

I like the hybrid method of an organic soil base and then supplemental fertilizer as needed in flower.

If you are not in a hurry or on a schedule it can easily surpass full season outdoor quality.

I am told my flowers are better than outdoor every season. In flavor and potency.

Stable environment. No bad pests. No chemicals. Everything the plant needs provided. Each plant individually.

And every plant let ripen until truly done. Thats the biggest key difference between commercial and a small garden. No cost or greed involved with the big investment not in the way.

also i feel the short flowering frosty leaved plant the industry is favoring is not as good as even a classic hybrid. Chosen from hype or product needs instead of the high.

Medium and feed method make much less difference in final product.

Again. In my opinion.

And science already knows an ion is an ion to the plant. The organic feeding argument is mute.

And flushing or leaching does absolutely nothing for a properly fed plant but cause deficiencies that do not help quality. Unless the plants are overfed in which case the damage to quality already happened.

And really. Perfectly grown pure hydro would be the cleanest and likely most potent flowers. Cant control uptake in dirt. Are the organic inputs even clean and healthy? Right. We assume they are. The chemical salts can be pure.

I have not done water culture personally though.

K

Kot

Organic does taste better however the costs v feed Is higher and market dollar to gram value makes it feasible to go salts unfortunately. Until the market demands higher quality and price points increases I don’t see full organic taking off ,,, yet! But eventually I do anticipate the market realizing the higher quality of organically grown products and the price point settle, kinda a niche product demand, Whole Foods like demand,!
Just to clarify, I was talking about pure outdoor, not greenhouse. When it starts raining the fertilizers will be washed off.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

In the legal states, the market has not responded to any difference between organic and chem or soil vs hydro. Consumers are unable to tell a difference, and are unwilling to pay for it.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

In the legal states, the market has not responded to any difference between organic and chem or soil vs hydro. Consumers are unable to tell a difference, and are unwilling to pay for it.
Well said.
In my case I have to grow organic because I’m honestly not that good of a grower (gasp)
With my bud. I most diggidy definitely can tell the difference. That being said I have smoked bud grown by other more proficient growists that was grown hydro salty mcsaltenstein stylez and it was bloody excellent.
I’ve heard it said that non organic is just easy and blah blah but I find not just any bonehead can pull it off so the smoke is nice and smooth and sexual.
With Organics, I’ve found, you can just f@ckin send it for the most part, roast the odd leaf and she s still nice smoke. So I guess I’ll leave the salts and dwc to the big dawgs like @Jack og

E

eirI

You know you look for farmers markets. They are available on weekends or certain weekdays. It’s consistent- you will get great tasting produce for same price as that shit you buy in market and on top of that you get so much freebies. Just show up

E

eirI

You know you look for farmers markets. They are available on weekends or certain weekdays. It’s consistent- you will get great tasting produce for same price as that shit you buy in market and on top of that you get so much freebies. Just show up
Old saying you are what you eat What goes into a plant is what your going to eat. But let’s back up. What that organic fertilizer you buy or make what that animal ate is still going into your plant.

E

eirI

Old saying you are what you eat What goes into a plant is what your going to eat. But let’s back up. What that organic fertilizer you buy or make what that animal ate is still going into your plant.
We grow the best honey tangerines you will think we injected them with sugar

E

eirI

UncleRomulus you are totally right. I know you have been on this earth longer and I mean that in a compliment way. Pure ingredients.
I know this is a cannabis site. If someone would ask you what is your best plant or plants or trees that you grow.
UncleRomulus you are totally right. I know you have been on this earth longer and I mean that in a compliment way. Pure ingredients.
UncleRomulus do you grow outdoor besides indoor

E

eirI

I know this is a cannabis site. If someone would ask you what is your best plant or plants or trees that you grow.

UncleRomulus do you grow outdoor besides indoor
UncleRom
totally agree when growing organic you have to grow in small patches. Another words as example instead of a whole football field you break it up into 4 square

Top Bottom