Curing - "organic" Vs "chemical Nutes"

• Thread starter bibiking
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
E

eirI

UncleRom

totally agree when growing organic you have to grow in small patches. Another words as example instead of a whole football field you break it up into 4 square
You have have to ever worry about nasty plant burn. Once a plant is burned who wants it. Yuck

E

eirI

You have have to ever worry about nasty plant burn. Once a plant is burned who wants it. Yuck
Here’s my argument a plant is a living creature just like us. I don’t want someone to burn me or not give me what I need.And then fix me and now I look good.
Well this boils down to matter of opinion, organic as nature intended, to me, has always tastes better.
Chemical or salt farming, has always looks better, and if done right tastes damn good.
There is merit to both methods.
However personal choice is what matters.
I have experienced both and grow commercially and for self / patients use.
Commercial grows require a higher degree of management in feeding etc, it’s easier done in organic media with a salt regiment, hybrid method.
In organic soil, and in numbers of 250k plants, things will inevitably get overlooked and over done, in organic media, it’s forgiving and recovery from mistakes are better.
That’s my view to use old with new. I also grow full organic season runs, meaning I’m running one harvest a year. This is strictly for personal use. I find the long runs to be more rewarding , taste, flavor and actual yeilds.
In commercial we harvest weekly, it’s in a controlled cycle, light dep etc. we find per plant yields to be lower but more cycles achieve more yields in the long run.
Like I said each has its merits and personal preferences.!
I like them both equally but I do prefer the longer old school route.
ya that’s all I know It’s easier

E

eirI

Well this boils down to matter of opinion, organic as nature intended, to me, has always tastes better.
Chemical or salt farming, has always looks better, and if done right tastes damn good.
There is merit to both methods.
However personal choice is what matters.
I have experienced both and grow commercially and for self / patients use.
Commercial grows require a higher degree of management in feeding etc, it’s easier done in organic media with a salt regiment, hybrid method.
In organic soil, and in numbers of 250k plants, things will inevitably get overlooked and over done, in organic media, it’s forgiving and recovery from mistakes are better.
That’s my view to use old with new. I also grow full organic season runs, meaning I’m running one harvest a year. This is strictly for personal use. I find the long runs to be more rewarding , taste, flavor and actual yeilds.
In commercial we harvest weekly, it’s in a controlled cycle, light dep etc. we find per plant yields to be lower but more cycles achieve more yields in the long run.
Like I said each has its merits and personal preferences.!
I like them both equally but I do prefer the longer old school route.
Thank you and I can’t agree more.

E

eirI

Thank you and I can’t agree more.
I’m going to say one thing and I will shut up. From start to finish. If grown organic it means you have living ingredients, so when you eat fruit which is a live food you are eating that fruit that was grown in living media without any dead synthetic nutrient added

FTCG

FTCG

Are we talking about curing buds or growing?

I think it is the essential oils which prevents the buds from drying out to much.

Either method, if grown to potential, and if genetics allow, essential oil production should be high, and therefor aromas intact.

Hang drying in a controlled environment is a good way to go. I've cured whole plants for over 7 months, and when I finally cut the buds down they were still moist and smelt of lemon, orange peels and pine.

I couldn't believe how "fresh" it was.

I don't see a difference in curing from either method of production, as long as these "protective" oils lock in a bit of moisture and keep the buds from getting crispy and degrading.

Buds at the end of 7 months felt wet with oils, and had turned brown. The smoothest smoke I've grown to date, or ever smoked in my life.

Organic, but im my opinion this had nothing to do with the quality of the finished product. The cure is what brought out flavors and smoothness hard to find in even higher quality cannabis.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

@eirl I can’t even quote all your replies cause there too many. The add at the bottom of the screen is covering the button every time.
Anyways right on. Yes I do occasionally grow outsideseez

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Are we talking about curing buds or growing?

I think it is the essential oils which prevents the buds from drying out to much.

Either method, if grown to potential, and if genetics allow, essential oil production should be high, and therefor aromas intact.

Hang drying in a controlled environment is a good way to go. I've cured whole plants for over 7 months, and when I finally cut the buds down they were still moist and smelt of lemon, orange peels and pine.

I couldn't believe how "fresh" it was.

I don't see a difference in curing from either method of production, as long as these "protective" oils lock in a bit of moisture and keep the buds from getting crispy and degrading.

Buds at the end of 7 months felt wet with oils, and had turned brown. The smoothest smoke I've grown to date, or ever smoked in my life.

Organic, but im my opinion this had nothing to do with the quality of the finished product. The cure is what brought out flavors and smoothness hard to find in even higher quality cannabis.

Thats a long cure. Must have been amazing smoke. An old grower here hangs his huge plants in the barn every year whole. Takes months to dry. Such smooth tasty smoke results.

E

eirI

This sounds beautiful but it is far from reality.
The fact is when you take the time to make your super soil you don’t have to worry about ph or flushing etc. I see around me beautiful cannabis trees. Just add water. Of course bugs and deer.

E

eirI

Just to clarify, I was talking about pure outdoor, not greenhouse. When it starts raining the fertilizers will be washed off.
Thank you for your input. I understand they are both good. I like to keep learning from you pro’s and get in debates. Makes it a fun conversation. Shifting gears what do you recommend for curing the buds.

E

eirI

Well said.
In my case I have to grow organic because I’m honestly not that good of a grower (gasp)
With my bud. I most diggidy definitely can tell the difference. That being said I have smoked bud grown by other more proficient growists that was grown hydro salty mcsaltenstein stylez and it was bloody excellent.
I’ve heard it said that non organic is just easy and blah blah but I find not just any bonehead can pull it off so the smoke is nice and smooth and sexual.
With Organics, I’ve found, you can just f@ckin send it for the most part, roast the odd leaf and she s still nice smoke. So I guess I’ll leave the salts and dwc to the big dawgs like @Jack og
I agree 100 percent. Thank you again.

E

eirI

@eirl I can’t even quote all your replies cause there too many. The add at the bottom of the screen is covering the button every time.
Anyways right on. Yes I do occasionally grow outsideseez
Lol I’m sorry UncleRomulus my OCD works on me. Any tips on curing after harvesting. Thanks again my friend

Top Bottom