Curing to make RSO. Need guidance.

• Thread starter BogartAmungus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
you want to put the oil from the rice cooker into something that is easy to put from that into your containers.. understand?
you can go from rice cooker to jar, just make sure you cook it till there are NO bubbles..
as you get near the end of cooking i usually tilt the rice cooker for the oil to collect in a small area and less stuck to the sides.. different rice cookers so you may have to hold the cook button down near the end and maybe even pushing the bowl down to finish..
i like the nogoo silicone stuff, it’s easy/quick to heat up if need to pour or something..
i have a good video of making it from start to finish, but it’s 23 mins long, too big to post here, but i could through an email.

DBB2192F C8B2 49B5 BF50 91CE8D4C676D
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
you want to put the oil from the rice cooker into something that is easy to put from that into your containers.. understand?
you can go from rice cooker to jar, just make sure you cook it till there are NO bubbles..
as you get near the end of cooking i usually tilt the rice cooker for the oil to collect in a small area and less stuck to the sides.. different rice cookers so you may have to hold the cook button down near the end and maybe even pushing the bowl down to finish..
i like the nogoo silicone stuff, it’s easy/quick to heat up if need to pour or something..
i have a good video of making it from start to finish, but it’s 23 mins long, too big to post here, but i could through an email.
make sure you have a fan blowing directly at the rice cooker, blowing the air outside! i use my sunroom with windows open and a fan.. there will be a smell, so beware and absolutely no smoking or fire or anything around to ignite the fumes!!

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Awesome brother. I honestly never heard of silicone containers until I bought the Ardent Ardent decarbolator and you mentioning it. I truly appreciate the info and help. I am confident I can get it done. I do have one thing to clear up. When you say to put the weed In the freezer is that without decarbing it in the oven and then break it up or right from the tent where it is drying? So wouldn't the rice cooker decarb it in the process or does it extract easier when decarbed first?
Is your video on YouTube? Ive benn watching a couple. Plan on watching more this evening after work.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Awesome brother. I honestly never heard of silicone containers until I bought the Ardent Ardent decarbolator and you mentioning it. I truly appreciate the info and help. I am confident I can get it done. I do have one thing to clear up. When you say to put the weed In the freezer is that without decarbing it in the oven and then break it up or right from the tent where it is drying? So wouldn't the rice cooker decarb it in the process or does it extract easier when decarbed first?
Is your video on YouTube? Ive benn watching a couple. Plan on watching more this evening after work.
science has proven that the rice cooker does decarbing..
ya just freeze what you want to use after a couple hours in freezer the weed will be easy to break up doesn’t have to be much just down to tiny bud pieces m&m size ish.. than back in freezer for at least 8-15 hours keep the iso in the freezer too..
an average of one tenth is what you get in oil, so maybe use a quarter pound to get 10-15 grams and because it’s your first time, you will hone your skills quick, so start small.. and do something a sign maybe about no fire with iso!!!!!!

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

science has proven that the rice cooker does decarbing..
ya just freeze what you want to use after a couple hours in freezer the weed will be easy to break up doesn’t have to be much just down to tiny bud pieces m&m size ish.. than back in freezer for at least 8-15 hours keep the iso in the freezer too..
an average of one tenth is what you get in oil, so maybe use a quarter pound to get 10-15 grams and because it’s your first time, you will hone your skills quick, so start small.. and do something a sign maybe about no fire with iso!!!!!!
Does anybody have a rice cooker they can recommend? What size. Is there anything better?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Does anybody have a rice cooker they can recommend? What size. Is there anything better?
your basic cheap one is best, it’ll be easy to lift pot out and pour the oil out. than i put the pot in they oven for a bit to scrape out what’s left.

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Just an update. I have everything but the ISO. Budzzz are ready, appreciate all your help! I will post as I go. Bad timing for fast shipping lol. I am also going to start making my own full spectrum cbd oil. I have some feminized Happy Wife CBD seeds from golden eagle farms. I bought a 100ct sample pack. Hit me up if you would like to try them.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Just an update. I have everything but the ISO. Budzzz are ready, appreciate all your help! I will post as I go. Bad timing for fast shipping lol. I am also going to start making my own full spectrum cbd oil. I have some feminized Happy Wife CBD seeds from golden eagle farms. I bought a 100ct sample pack. Hit me up if you would like to try them.
i’m actually in the process of making some oil tonight..

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

i’m actually in the process of making some oil tonight..
So how many ounces of infused solvent do you make at a time and how long does it take a qt ,per say, to boil off? Just curious. Im sure there's a few factors that differentiate the process. I plan on trying a half pound of flower the first time. What would you recommend?

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Another question...what's the difference between rosin from a press vs hash/RSO? Could they be interchangeable? Different methods, different outcomes?
Cheers

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Another question...what's the difference between rosin from a press vs hash/RSO? Could they be interchangeable? Different methods, different outcomes?
Cheers
i usually use around 150 grams of buds, dried and cured this time over 3 months, i’ll break up buds, resin which has been cured properly after 3-4 months won’t leave your fingers all black maybe a bit sticky.. fresh resin will coat your hands in resin..
the weed smells awesome and tasting good, great stone.. anyways 150 gets me 15 grams more or less it all depends on how long you let the iso and weed stay mixed together, i freeze everything for a day, iso just stays in freezer all the time. so when i pour the iso in with the weed usually inch or so above the weed, i’ll shake it vigorously for 3-4 mins as i’m basically only trying to remove the resin glands, with very little plant wax and chlorophyll, (hash/honey-clear look to the oil) as the longer the mix stays for hours if you like you’ll get a dark green/black RSO oil.. (more health benefits with this one).
i’ll use the rice cooker to cook off the iso where as true hash/honey oil is let to sit out to let the iso evaporate naturally than you would scrape off the oil to put away, though you would have to decarb the weed first if used for consuming,, rosin press just squeezes out all the oily substances into a blob..

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

i usually use around 150 grams of buds, dried and cured this time over 3 months, i’ll break up buds, resin which has been cured properly after 3-4 months won’t leave your fingers all black maybe a bit sticky.. fresh resin will coat your hands in resin..
the weed smells awesome and tasting good, great stone.. anyways 150 gets me 15 grams more or less it all depends on how long you let the iso and weed stay mixed together, i freeze everything for a day, iso just stays in freezer all the time. so when i pour the iso in with the weed usually inch or so above the weed, i’ll shake it vigorously for 3-4 mins as i’m basically only trying to remove the resin glands, with very little plant wax and chlorophyll, (hash/honey-clear look to the oil) as the longer the mix stays for hours if you like you’ll get a dark green/black RSO oil.. (more health benefits with this one).
i’ll use the rice cooker to cook off the iso where as true hash/honey oil is let to sit out to let the iso evaporate naturally than you would scrape off the oil to put away, though you would have to decarb the weed first if used for consuming,, rosin press just squeezes out all the oily substances into a blob..
Thanks man. Great info. I can find all sorts of info on the Google search but first hand from someone like you is invaluable! Much appreciated. I will have a good cure on my next batch. I will update soon hopefully.
Cheers!

Galvatron

Galvatron

If you decide to use iso, make sure it's 99.99%.
However, I recommend 100% organic ethanol.

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

If you decide to use iso, make sure it's 99.99%.
However, I recommend 100% organic ethanol.
I bought 99% hope that 1% ain't dioxin! You think it is ok?

Galvatron

Galvatron

It's up to you. If this is for medical purpose, do you want to take a chance?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I bought 99% hope that 1% ain't dioxin! You think it is ok?
that small amount will be neutralized by the cannabiniods, no worries.. though i use 99.99% also the cleanest iso is made in corunna ontario!!
only 3 manufacturers in the world producing 99.99% iso..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
continued to finished.
cooked it out in my sunroom, with windows open..

Top Bottom