Curing to make RSO. Need guidance.

• Thread starter BogartAmungus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

continued to finished.
cooked it out in my sunroom, with windows open..
I have to get caught up. Ive been working a lot of hours and stuff to do at home. Can't wait to check it out. I will watch them all in sequence after work today. No telling how long it will be b4 the ISO is delivered. All I get is a generic "being shipped" but zero tracking information. Syringes have been in St. Louis for 3 days. Back logged I guess.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I have to get caught up. Ive been working a lot of hours and stuff to do at home. Can't wait to check it out. I will watch them all in sequence after work today. No telling how long it will be b4 the ISO is delivered. All I get is a generic "being shipped" but zero tracking information. Syringes have been in St. Louis for 3 days. Back logged I guess.
i hear ya, i work in the field

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Holy shit I don't know if I could handle smoking a joint like that yet. LOL I am still building a tolerance. I am waiting for the ISO still. Stiil in NJ. Syringes are still tied up in st Louis. Im 10 minutes from St. Louis lol thanks for the informative video clips brother! I am confident I can do this.

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

I bought a rice cooker like yours lol

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

ok well you don’t have to worry about drying everything than cause of your circumstances, you freeze it all, the weed, iso, etc..
after up to a day, (maybe after a few hours take buds out and break up than back in freezer).the point of rso oil is to let the iso/weed mix to for a hour up 12 hours to remove more than just trichomes.. than it’s a filtering process with a tight screen strainer to separate the weed and mix, than maybe a cheese cloth on a jar folded 4/5 times for the first filter, than i later 3 coffee filters together on another jar, and repeat that 2 times than let sit in fridge overnight for the remaining sediment to settle and be filtered, than use a rice cooker to burn off iso, once your down to tiny bubbles if that pour into a silicone tray and i warm it up slowly on a coffee warmer to finish off remaing iso if anything left.. pretty much it..
I am STILL waiting for ISO delivery. Should be tomorrow. It's in St Louis. I have about 9 oz broken up and in the freeze. Its in 2 half gallon and 1 qt mason jars. How much headroom do you suggest? I have 2 gallons of ISO coming. I have a couple more big mason jars I can use. I gotta get this to my brother. He is getting part of a lung cut out on the 7th. Im sure this will help ease the pain and hopefully get to work helping him go into remission. I just hope Im not too late with the real medicine!
20201229 181948
20201229 130741

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

The buds were pretty well half cured. The GG4 was too sticky soft still. I used Zkittlez, Jack Herer, GG4, an oz of Durban Poison, nd mixed up popcorn buds. I still have all the trim too. Mostly all good top buds.

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Ok guys I had to attend a funeral yesterday 3.5 hrs away. The ISO was delivered while I was away. I let it sit in freezer overnight and the nugzzz were in there since the day before. I broke up the material a little more. I also filled up a jar with the trimmings. I have them infusing now. I will let it sit and strain/filter it tomorrow and start the condensation process.
I never did ask what benefit freezing them before and during infusion has on the solution.
These are half gallon jars. I have roughly 9 oz. Of nugzzz pieces and the trim.
Any further advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated. I have the concept and have no doubts after going over this thread a few times I SHOULD be able to do this successfully. I wish I could have done this sooner for him.
Thanks again for the help.
20201231 090221

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

Ok guys I had to attend a funeral yesterday 3.5 hrs away. The ISO was delivered while I was away. I let it sit in freezer overnight and the nugzzz were in there since the day before. I broke up the material a little more. I also filled up a jar with the trimmings. I have them infusing now. I will let it sit and strain/filter it tomorrow and start the condensation process.
I never did ask what benefit freezing them before and during infusion has on the solution.
These are half gallon jars. I have roughly 9 oz. Of nugzzz pieces and the trim.
Any further advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated. I have the concept and have no doubts after going over this thread a few times I SHOULD be able to do this successfully. I wish I could have done this sooner for him.
Thanks again for the help. View attachment 1073819
Putting it in the freezer is for a quick wash, you only leave the weed in contact with the alcohol for 15 seconds and then strain it. If you're leaving the bud in the alcohol there's no need to freeze anything. You'll have plant matter in your concentrate if you leave it in also, if you're eating the oil it doesn't matter. If you're making concentrate for smoking you will want to do the quick wash and freeze everything.

SaintsSamilia

SaintsSamilia

Those big jars will still condense down to this well depending on your consistency when you make it I made mine like a cough syrup... works wonders good luck with your help for your family

20201209 192253
BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Ok here we go! Im setting up the rice cooker on my screened in back porch. I have about 1.5 gal of alcohol to steam off. I'm curious to see how long this takes. Wish me luck 😬
20210101 131253

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Ok here we go! Im setting up the rice cooker on my screened in back porch. I have about 1.5 gal of alcohol to steam off. I'm curious to see how long this takes. Wish me luck 😬View attachment 1074073
NO SMOKING OR FIRE,
use a fan directing at cooker blowing outside,?
there will be a smell.
i’d say under an hour..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
NO SMOKING OR FIRE,
use a fan directing at cooker blowing outside,?
there will be a smell.
i’d say under an hour..
make sure the cooker stays “on” not warm..
might have to hold down till finish, don’t worry it won’t burn the oil,
all bubblingvshoukd eventually stop but i’d still cook it a tiny bit longer or use a coffee warmer..
good luck,
we’re here if you need us..

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

make sure the cooker stays “on” not warm..
might have to hold down till finish, don’t worry it won’t burn the oil,
all bubblingvshoukd eventually stop but i’d still cook it a tiny bit longer or use a coffee warmer..
good luck,
we’re here if you need us..
Thanks! I have the fan on and am pouring in now. I bought a warmer and some silicone mega muffin cups. Will update in a bit.

Much appreciated!

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Reclaims 90 % of the distillate for future use while you sit on your porch .edit: Safely. View attachment 1074105
DUDE that would pay for itself in one use damn near. That was going to be my next venture. Reclamation of the solvent. That way I can afford the good food grade organic alcohol....had to throw "organic" in there lol. Thanks!

I guess you can do alcohol with that??? Nonetheless I have to find a way to distill to reclaim it.

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Damn it jumped up super hot as it was ready to pour in a different pot.
Do you monitor the temp as it gets real close to move from the rice cooker to the warmer? I went upwards of 300 degrees. WTF! Not supposed to get that hot. Hope it's not ruined 😬 could probably use a respirator too lmaooooo

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Heres the one i bought the temp settings are different than the water distiller

I would pour the washed alcohol into the collection container an mark that volume on the container with a piece of scotch tape.

Pour back in the still and collect almost to the top of the tape, and pour what's left into a silicone tray to evaporate on top of a toaster oven.

Last edited:
BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

This piece of shyte here! Is malfunctioning. Its over 500 fkn degrees at setting one and the warm setting doesn't even work fkn China bullshit! I have momma going

Heres the one i bought the temp settings are different than the water distiller
Cool thanks! Do you think hitting around 320 degrees ruined this batch?

BogartAmungus

BogartAmungus

Sorry was in the middle of posting and replied before finishing and sending so it sent both. I have my wife trying to find a warmer. Damn one we have is a convection lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom