curious about people's credentials

• Thread starter dean1963
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

thetennispredict

I played a lot of sports through my life from Baseball, Hockey, pickleball Golf, Tennis, Ping Pong, Cycling++++ and I hit more than 10,000 golf balls, ping pong balls tennis balls hockey pucks & cycling miles and although I became competent...an expert I was not........lol.......just saying....I am an expert smoker though That I have a certificate for........⬆️
+1 I went for horticulture out of high school but back then applying it to cannibus wasn't on anyone's radar. It was all nursery management jobs and propagating.

Cirroji

Cirroji

man i'm just a hotdog
Supporter
Yes. Electrical is something you really don't want to mess with unless you know what you're doing. I have a pretty good grasp of it but I still get a licensed electrician to do the work. Cutting corners in certain areas is a good thing except for when you're talking about electrical.

Kind of like the brakes on your car. If the job isn't done correctly the consequences could be terrible.
100% I’m avoiding installing a 240v outlet in my basement just to mitigate any risk even though I’ve done it multiple times. (Dryers)

E

Edinburg

I was taught to grow outdoors by a Nam vet at 14, have been running autoflowers for almost 11 years continuously and will be 58 on Saint Patrick's day, but Aquaman in my opinion seriously knows his shit, always follow his advice and it was always spot on.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I was taught to grow outdoors by a Nam vet at 14, have been running autoflowers for almost 11 years continuously and will be 58 on Saint Patrick's day, but Aquaman in my opinion seriously knows his shit, always follow his advice and it was always spot on.
I make my mistakes like anyone… many go unseen but i try my best. Appreciate the kind words

E

Edinburg

Yes we all make mistakes but I have been on this site for years and in my opinion you are the most experienced grower on this site, I do good growing outside but is illigal and not set up for photoperiod grows, but the few times I asked for advice you were spot on, we were all taught different I just try to help when I can, folks can take it or leave it that's there choice.

MDK

MDK

No credentials here just a filthy casual lol.

I've grown off and on guerrilla style for some years, sometimes with and without partners. Sometimes it worked out sometimes it didn't, live and learn. Anyway my state just legalized recreational growing so I'm gonna give it a run because I truly enjoy it. I have a neighbor I've known for years that works at a big grow op now and he has been doing home grows for a couple years now too and progressing nicely. So I get some help from him when I can.

I'm mostly just lookin to soak up and trade knowledge. Maybe trade some cuts or some beans someday...good way to network.

Cheers to all the people helping others, cannabis community is most selfless

T

thetennispredict

Yes. Electrical is something you really don't want to mess with unless you know what you're doing. I have a pretty good grasp of it but I still get a licensed electrician to do the work. Cutting corners in certain areas is a good thing except for when you're talking about electrical. check r350 balance my nsfas.org.za

Kind of like the brakes on your car. If the job isn't done correctly the consequences could be terrible.
100% I’m avoiding installing a 240v outlet in my basement just to mitigate any risk even though I’ve done it multiple times. (Dryers)

T

thetennispredict

You've probably got plaster walls then I assume? The house wiring doesn't matter if the breaker box is new, you'd be running a big fat wire off the box to the sub.
But yeah, I'm no electrician by any means, I just do shit and try to make it not ugly, then hope it works haha.

Lipstick.. I'd put a damn hole out the wall of the house behind the breaker box to a waterproof LB and run the cable up the side of the house to the second floor to another LB, through the wall again and into the subpanel. Easier than repairing plaster walls imho. But I know nothing of plaster.
A house that old could be balloon framed also, which means no sill plate between floors so you could literally just drop the cable down the wall from floor 2 down to the breaker box without drilling chases out through the sill plates. Would be super straight forward for an electrician that's 420 friendly.
Its easier than it sounds really if youre at all handy and have a 200 amp service to the house. Just need to plunk in a 40-60 Amp dual pole breaker in your breaker box and run tek cable to a subpanel, then run circuits off that. It sounds complicated but it's actually fairly easy, especially if you use armored wire outside the wall for the circuits. Can set the entire thing up, panel and a few circuits without even hooking it up, then have an electrician come by to wire the main cable in to your breaker box if you aren't comfortable with it. Hard wire the intermatic timers while you're at it. Can make all the circuits 20 amp and hardwire baseboards and outlets for AC, whatever. Really let's you get creative with equipment.
Took me a couple weeks of reading about it to learn how to wire up my shed on my own, and it hasn't burnt down yet lol.

H

Harrypaul

Absolutely, when it comes to technology, electrical systems are an area where you should never cut corners or take risks unless you have a deep understanding of the subject. Even with a solid grasp of technology, it's essential to hire a licensed electrician to handle any electrical work. Technology has advanced in many areas, but electrical safety remains a critical concern, and it's not an area where you want to make mistakes or compromise on expertise.

Top Bottom