Curmudgeonland...home Of The Old Farts Club

• Thread starter yooper420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Papa Indica

Papa Indica

Cigarettes are the worst addition out there IMO. Personal experience tells me this. I`ve told my story on here before. Quitting cigarettes was the easy part, staying quit was the hard part. The cravings are always there. You are always reminded of them. Why ? Because they`re legal. They may be responsible for thousands of deaths per year, but they`re still legal. Fuck cigarettes......................Smoke pot.
I really believe they are, I'm out past the 3 month mark and I'm still experiencing the gut grip, feeling like I'm in DT's for Christ's sake.

All that shit u just named is even more available to ur plants after its been turned into castings lol hence the whole reason ur makin castings in the first place. .....all that worm feed will go to much better use if fed to the worms but as far as im concerned i wudnt buy anything to feed to my worms cuz everything they need is already right there in your yard.....grass clippings, leaves, coffee grounds, eggshells, rotten veggies, old news papers, etc

Wanna talk about a huge cheap nitrogen source for ur garden? GRASS CLIPPINGS.
Imo its a total waste of money to buy food for ur worms at all but even more of a waste to buy worm chow and not feed it to ur worms lol.....

All the goodies in ur worm chow becomes 50x more available once turned into castings...thats not an exaggeration thats the real number 50x!!!!!

I been worm farming for aboit 6 years now and have never bought anything to feed my worms....
And you've got some nice looking castings there too bro. 5x as much is still a lot too. One big problem I think I've had recently, I took too much EWC out of my mix, it's gone back in heavily again now though, we'll see how things play out now, looking better already. :happy:

tomorrow is my anniversary . Aug 13th 1971 I was getting on a plane home from my 1 year vacation to Viet Nam. 45 years baby
Happy Anniversary bro, glad you made it back to be here with us!

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

Just got the new paring knife I ordered, nice damn knife! It's a Dalstrong - Gladiator Series, high carbon German steel, 3.75" blade, 55 Rockwell hardness, and sharp as freakin' hell! I love it. The wife says she can finally understand me spending money on knives, she's never really got the whole collecting thing with me and knives but, if she can see the use it's another story. lol Never really cared a hell of a lot about kitchen knives until recently, I always got by on what we had for cheap shit but, since I've been eating a lot of fruit I want a nice knife for cutting it up.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Nice day out finally still a lil humid, but i got 1 bale of peat moss broke down wet and drained then stored in bins till the worm bins need doing.. wheeeeeeeeeee Only 7 more bales of dry peat moss to break down wet and drain..

So not in the mood to do more today.

Hippie

Hippie

Just got the new paring knife I ordered, nice damn knife! It's a Dalstrong - Gladiator Series, high carbon German steel, 3.75" blade, 55 Rockwell hardness, and sharp as freakin' hell! I love it. The wife says she can finally understand me spending money on knives, she's never really got the whole collecting thing with me and knives but, if she can see the use it's another story. lol Never really cared a hell of a lot about kitchen knives until recently, I always got by on what we had for cheap shit but, since I've been eating a lot of fruit I want a nice knife for cutting it up.
I've re-evaluated my Buck knife search. Think I'll buy a cheap Chinese one instead. I'll more than likely be stoned to the bone while I'm out sailing, and I can just visualize the scenario: Get fumble fingered, drop knife over the edge. With a ten dollar knife, you'd hear splash, FUCK, whine. With a fifty dollar knife, you'd hear splash, FUCK, SPLASH as my fat hippie ass dove overboard to try and retrieve it.

stonestacker

stonestacker

Someone`s got to. Might as well be you. By the way bro, where`s the finished ones at ?

Only for a couple more years. Then I can join you older folks and do what I want when I want.
My long time friend and stone partner this year (who is ten years younger than me) keeps trying to talk me into working till I'm 62 ha ha.
The superintendent tried to get me to run a job for the U of M yesterday. I told him they won't pay me enough. So the challenge has been set. So much work this year and next we don't have enough union bricklayer to man the jobs. Let alone experienced foreman. I just don't want the stress and headaches. And I'm having way too much fun Fucking with the young formans lol.
They must like the abuse because they keep me around lol.Even I can't believe some of the shit I say and get away with. Must be well liked and they no it's all bs. Honestly I do have a lot of fun at work. I just hurt so much every where.

Wow thats a lot of Ramble.

Be well and stay High.

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
@2broke2smoke, Welcome to the OFC`s slice of the Farm. If you be thin skinned, watch out for zingers coming your way, he, he, he. About time for an evening "burn a bowl" session, I do believe. Cold drink and a bowl and here we go, puff, puff, cough and pass.

Hippie

Hippie

Stony, I always said any man that works a day past the day he can retire is a damn fool.

One of my brother's frat brothers retired and then went back to work as a car salesman. He planed on working 'til he was 67 so he could draw full boat benefits. Seven days before his birthday, he stood up from his desk to head for lunch and keeled over with a massive heart attack. The doctors claimed he was dead before he hit the floor. Never drew one damn dime of the money he'd paid in for his entire working life.

I got out as soon as I could and never looked back. Don't know how many days I've got left, but I sure ain't spending 'em working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom