• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
Yup, them damn deer like a varied diet. Got a feeder behind the garage and transplanted about 18 small cedar trees in the vicinity of it thinking that the corn from the feeder would keep `em away from the cedars......WRONG. Them damn deer ate the hell outta them cedars. Got 3 left, only because I put a 3 foot high fence around `em. Have lost more cedars then that to the deer through the years. Have lived here over 12 years now and the trees that I transplanted 10 and 11 years ago at 12 to 18 inches tall are now 8 to 10 feet tall. Proud of them damn trees, about 100 of `em.

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
rat poison boys . Got rid of most of the bastards. got one more chipmunk that won't take the bait.
I'm off to another auction, looking at a wood lathe. I hope it is not one of those big ones. Also a 200 Honda. If it's a dirt bike ,I'm in.

One summer I put rat poison under my shed. The damn chipmunk dragged it out and luckily I saw my dog eating it. Hydrogen Peroxide down the gullet and up come all of the poison.

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
@G gnome, think I forgot to say something about my dog and the poison. He was fine, also did this with my peeps Rotty at hunting camp. Had to mix it with milk to get her to take it, lapped right up. My little dog, we took a baby syringe and squirted it down his throat. Both dogs were none the worse for wear.

Hippie

Hippie

One thing the deer won't touch at my place is apples. I've got two regular apple trees. The squirrels will gnaw on 'em once they hit the ground, but the deer won't touch 'em. I've seen them nibble on the crabapples, though. Weird.
They will, however, walk down a 140' row of corn or sunflowers and eat every damn one off to around three inches off the dirt. Fuckers.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Good morning OFC, how`s it hangin` ? Yesterday we finally got some relief from the heat, but it`s coming back in a day or two. Them critters are known rippers. Had something break branches off my tomatoes. Damn critters like them "Super Sweet 100`s" as much as my wife does. No luck growing the big ones. Always get "blossom end rot" on the big ones, so I quit growing `em. Sure like growing cannabis a lot more, results are better. Time for our morning ritual of "wake n bake". So, get a cup of coffee and pack a bowl and let`s all get stoned. Here we go, puff, puff, cough and passing to ya.
Try using Sea-90 as a foliar. It stopped my BER problems dead in their tracks.

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
One thing the deer won't touch at my place is apples. I've got two regular apple trees. The squirrels will gnaw on 'em once they hit the ground, but the deer won't touch 'em. I've seen them nibble on the crabapples, though. Weird.
They will, however, walk down a 140' row of corn or sunflowers and eat every damn one off to around three inches off the dirt. Fuckers.

Deer not eating apples, just don`t seem right. Do you spray the apples ?

Hippie

Hippie

Deer not eating apples, just don`t seem right. Do you spray the apples ?
No, sir. They'll eat everything else, but not the apples. The apples are good, too. I've eaten them before. Nothing weird about 'em.

At the old ranch, I used to raise Asian Sika deer. Everyone said, "Get salt/mineral blocks. They love 'em."
They wouldn't touch 'em. Only wear and tear the blocks saw was from rain wearing 'em down. Those little shits would rip your back pocket off to get an apple out, though.

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
Them deer raid my apple trees, that`s my signal to pick `em. Then I give some every time I feed `em. Try cutting some apples in half, see if the`ll eat `em then. We lay pumpkins out, they won`t touch `em, smash `em on the ground in pieces and they eat `em right up. Same with sugar beets after they get frozen. Before they get frozen the deer can bite chunks off. After they leave `em alone unless you cut `em in pieces.

Sunbaked

Sunbaked

back from auction. Got the lathe for 90 dollars, but the lathe tools cost me 27.50. A Amish guy wanted them too. Also got a fox mount under a plastic and wood box. real nice mount for 75 dollars. Also a old cane seat rocker. 50 dollars. and a real nice black rotary dial phone. a dollar was the best buy. I hope it will still work. time for a big one. Oh yea the wife is not home yet, but she told me when I left that I better not come home with a lathe. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom