• Thread starter yooper420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
stonestacker

stonestacker

Batteries.
I have a John Deere lawn mower I bought new in 99. I keep thinking I will need to replace the battery every spring. I have had to jump it a few times usually because the terminals are corroded. I clean them up and it works just fine. I do keep it on a battery tender almost all the time. That being said I shut it off in the yard or run out of gas (stoner move) it always starts backup.
I swear by battery tenders and use them on all my toys. 05 HD original battery . My spare vehicle is always on one. my tractor also. I did put one in my work car this winter. It was still working just sounded weak. I have had that car for 6 years now it was in it when I bought the car.

Thick oil hard to crank when could. Thinner oil for the winter? Can be a pain in the ass.

giggy

giggy

morning folks, happy fry-day. yoop yall still in our thoughts and prayers, i hope the cast will do the trick. waiting on the snow to start, when it does this place shuts down. sounds like a good time to finish my new flower box. i don't have internet at the house right now but still have my phone so i'll check in as best i can. so you folks have a great weekend. peace

M

mendel

Good morning everyone, hope all is good at your ranch. Hows it yoop, wife coming home today I hope.

Still colder than my mother-in-laws heart outside, but supposed to get up to 22 today. We ended up w around 6 inches of snow, which we needed, downside its real dry fluff wont even make a snowball.

The rest of the yotes I have to skin are frozen solid. Even w dragging em into the heated shed will be a day or 2 before they are ready to process. Thats ok, dont mind at all, got other things to do anyhow. Did have a good talk w a fur grader/buyer buddy last nite, the market is on the upswing, so all this nasty shit ive been up to ought to gain us a fair amount of coin. Next year I want to stretch 200. I think its doable.

Im gonna eat breakfast and go fuck w this car, need to get it going. I want to get my bobcat line out in the next few days.

Hippie

Hippie

DSCN0201   Copy
Ain't sure what I'm going to accomplish today, but my money is on a buzz and more laziness.

Yoop, I finally got my lazy ass moving just before Christmas and cleaned out the fish tank. You can actually see fish in it now!

Yard dog

Yard dog

Ok thanks for the input. Ill get a new battery first and see if that helps. It runs like a top once started. Maybe the weak battery is the problem.
I bought a '66 caprice for the 396 engine years back. It had a magnetic block heater when I bought it. Was sticking to the oil pan when I saw it. On diesels they use a heater element to heat the coolant passages in the engine block.

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
My wife and I both want to say "thank you" to all, for the kind sentiments and support that you have given us during this "crash and burn". Gotta get to town and pick up a wheelchair. Thanks again, later.
PS, she`s coming home tomorrow.

giggy

giggy

morning ofc. yoop glad to hear mrs yooper is coming home. big city below me is shut down. 19º this morn and not to get above the freezing point today. right after i posted yesterday it started sleeting and in the time it took to close the shop down the ground was white. i got home 17 miles away and it just barley sleeted. it's like i'm in a clear area. i am at the shop this morn to make things for the new box. yall all have a great day. peace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom