Curmudgeonland...home Of The Old Farts Club

• Thread starter yooper420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
giggy

giggy

hey yoop the 4 ghost train haze i popped did really well till the bugs found one, they also found 3 of 4 blue dream and 1 of 2 phantom cookies. that was after i dusted with sevin dust. they bit the stem in half.

stonestacker

stonestacker

Morning all.
Damn Giggy that Suckes. I've been fighting Fungus Gnats. I've slowed them down but can't seem to win.

Keep up the good fight.

giggy

giggy

mine are outdoors, but if your indoors i like the yellow sticky fly strips, they work great. also if you pour some play sand about 1/4" deep on top of your soil it helps kill the larva.

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
Another way is to water from the bottom only. This will leave the top 2" or so of your soil dry, which in turn stops the gnats. This is my usual way.

stonestacker

stonestacker

Thanks guys.
I run dip to waste in rock wool. But I could try eb and flo.
Thats a hell of an idea yooper. I likey I'll give this some thought.
I really have neglected my grow diary. I think I'll get my ass back there and log all that I've done about these gnats.

giggy

giggy

wake and bake folks and happy sunday to all. yoop my great grand mother watered from the bottom. i'm just lazy and water from the top most of the time. when they are outdoors i just let it run through and never use a catch pan. indoors is a different story.

stonestacker

stonestacker

Good Morning.
wake and bake on some MK Ultra.
Plant peppers and tomatoes in the vegie garden before it gets too hot. Damn humidity is 99% out this morning.

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
My "wake and bake" consisted of coffee and a vaped bowl of Ghost Train Haze. Great way to start the day. Good morning to all, peace and great growin` is the order of the day.

giggy

giggy

just went out and checked my last blue dream and it didn't make it. these seeds must have been older then i thought. two out of four where sickly looking and the bugs liked the other two. i tried to pop a cross of blue moon shine x buddhas sister it cracked and started a tap root then quit. i threw 5 more white widow (old) and 6 white elephant to germ yesterday but no signs of life yet. so here's hoping.

giggy

giggy

i got some more beans from a bank that is now gone but heard tells of herms and another buddy that grew them out with no problems, so not sure i want to mess with them or not. i want to save my fems for my indoor grows but i did pop a purple pine berry fem and it is doing great. the ghost train haze are starting to take off now so i'm looking forward to a good breeding season.

wahtoogee

wahtoogee

Kinda disconcerted... Used my bubble hash buckets with all my shake, after everything dried I put it in my press and wanted to add a drop of ISO to keep it all together, well one drop became three.... Anyway, pressed it.. Then it was all stuck inside the press, hard as a rock...

It just didn't go as planned... Oh well! ;-)

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
Kinda disconcerted... Used my bubble hash buckets with all my shake, after everything dried I put it in my press and wanted to add a drop of ISO to keep it all together, well one drop became three.... Anyway, pressed it.. Then it was all stuck inside the press, hard as a rock...

It just didn't go as planned... Oh well! ;-)

I`m sure you did not let it go to waste. Lesson learned, one drop at a time.

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
Work ? Work ? Oh yeah, I remember that, I think. Been retired for 15 years, now I`m so busy don`t when I had time to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom