• Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
Good day all, great to see some new faces on here. I be a 67 year old Vietnam veteran and retired Firefighter. Live in the U.P. of Michigan now. Moved to Florida when I retired for 4 years, then moved to where I live now. Sold my Harley when I left Florida and bought 2 / 4 wheelers. Been using Cannabis since July 1968, damn near everyday too.

stonestacker

stonestacker

Good day all, great to see some new faces on here. I be a 67 year old Vietnam veteran and retired Firefighter. Live in the U.P. of Michigan now. Moved to Florida when I retired for 4 years, then moved to where I live now. Sold my Harley when I left Florida and bought 2 / 4 wheelers. Been using Cannabis since July 1968, damn near everyday too.

Sold my Harley when I left Florida and bought 2 / 4 wheelers.
To funny the bride wants to sell her Roadking Classic and get a side by side. Almost had me talked into selling my Road Glide.

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
stonestacker,
Wow man, 12% is a big hit IMO. I been retired 15 years and 12% more would look real good right now. Just trying to keep it real.

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
Old Farts Club is what I meant to name it, but I was very medicated/stoned at the time, did not proof read it. When I saw it, I said, oh shit, but could not figure out how to change it. So, it is what it is.

stonestacker

stonestacker

stonestacker,
Wow man, 12% is a big hit IMO. I been retired 15 years and 12% more would look real good right now. Just trying to keep it real.
Yeah I know, That's not all of it either. I will take a hit to have my wife as a survivor. Several different options to choose from. And then there's health care all out of pocket. Once the deal is made it will be fixed for life. No cost of living increase. In the next year or so I will get with my business agent give him all my pay stubs for the last 31 years and get some hard numbers and make some decisions.
A lot of shit changed with the last depression as far as penchion. 58 with 25 years was full early out. now it's 6o with 30 years early out. I just don't want to go that long. My wife will not work that long even if I do lol. If she ain't working I ain't either lol .
This new hobby will help save some money on meds lol.
We should be fine. If not I will sell the house and live under a bridge. lol
Nothing is set in stone yet. we just want to do some traveling while we still can, as far as health goes.

stonestacker

stonestacker

Old Farts Club is what I meant to name it, but I was very medicated/stoned at the time, did not proof read it. When I saw it, I said, oh shit, but could not figure out how to change it. So, it is what it is.
Yeah I suck with all this new technology. Without spell check I'd really be screwed. Need to look into voice recognition typing lol.

Thanks for the thread yooper.

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
stonestacker,
Your pension choices sounds very similar to mine. Once you make your choice, it can`t be changed. No cost of living increase either. My medical was paid when I retired, now it costs me $325.00 a month.

stonestacker

stonestacker

Good Morning! Beautiful sunny day.

Yes Yooper it kinday suckes. I can always freeze my pension and go back to work. LOL. Yeah they keep taking away benefits that were promised. Kinda scary.
Last I looked medical will cost us around 750.00 per month. And I only get one chance to take it.

I've always said that if they fuck with my pension I won't have to worry about it because the state will give me 3 hots and a cot when I get done. lol. And all the sex I can stand even if it's the wrong kind. lol.

So you Moved to Florida then to the UP? Kinda backwards? One extreme to another.
We have talked about moving out west. Love the Rockies. I hate the thought of moving all my shit. Tools wood shop etc.
And it would be hard to leave our son so far behind. Need to see what happens with him and his girlfrien. She's working on her BA in foreign business. Very motivated young lady. Kinda looking forward to spoiling some grand kids.

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
Got bored to death in Florida, setting around the house. Get`s too hot for too long for me. Don`t tell me to get used to it cause I was. Worked at the beach as a Toll Taker for 3 years. Sat in a ticket booth with no power / no air selling $5 beach passes. Have 3 kids, Michigan, Florida and Spain are where they live. At least in the cold you can dress for it and get out in it, get out in the woods. Got lots of woods here.

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

GoodMornin Ya'll
I be the young-en here turned 50 in July
22 years in converted my retirement to disability VA is hard to work with sometimes but it can be done.
Moved out of the PNW to GA when My sis Developed Cancer..... been with her the last 8 years.
Now I take care of a handful of PTSD Vets local and we all try to lay off the VA Med Machine.
I have thought about movin back to the west but the Ones who I help pull hard at the ol heart strings.
and I went back to school to learn more about this Wonderful plant. My sister has been Cancer free over 1 year
and uses Herb to stay that way, Oils and smoken. Its Magic is more than I would have ever imagined.
Its a good feeling to have a parking place up front.
Peace all
FlyJ

stonestacker

stonestacker

I hear you on the heat Yooper. But these last two winters in MI ain't been no damn fun either.

Glad to see yah flyinj.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom