Curmudgeonland...home Of The Old Farts Club

• Thread starter yooper420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
GoldNBoy

GoldNBoy

Yesterday, while planting my started peppers, I grabbed a handful of dirt, and crumbled it around the plant. I noticed that the dirt didn't quit moving. I glanced back to see what it was. I had just crumbled a nest of centipedes, in my bare hand... 8 in all, one big, and 7 little ones. Ffff#ck!

giggy

giggy

Sorry gigs you grabbed the wrong " Treat " ;)
you know i hadn't picked at you in awhile. lol
Yesterday, while planting my started peppers, I grabbed a handful of dirt, and crumbled it around the plant. I noticed that the dirt didn't quit moving. I glanced back to see what it was. I had just crumbled a nest of centipedes, in my bare hand... 8 in all, one big, and 7 little ones. Ffff#ck!
man your lucky they didn't get you.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Round here ya really can't get away with putting anything other then root plants like radishes out early, they handled a very hard frost with ease.

Everything else has to wait till at least the end of may/start of june, Fucking weather :\

Looking at the 10day tho we got some decent temps moving in next week tho i still wouldn't risk it.. I'm keeping my shit in solo cups till june at least.

I get some pics of the garden and stuff soon lost the SD card behind my table again :\

GoldNBoy

GoldNBoy

Any idea what your 6" soil temp is goldn? havent heard, bit im thinking its around 55 here.........

Ours was higher than that, I'm sure... Before the rain. My corn came up within 48 hours, from dry seed. It was probably a bad move, but the Big Jims and the sweet cherry peppers were touching the light, and still in the starter tray.

This gardening thing is harder than I thought.

M

mendel

Yea it was higher than 55 before the rain im sure. thats pretty fast for corn to emerge, id attribute it to the moisture. The seed must have hydrated super fast.

All the work is at the beginning and end. Once the garden is in there is a month or so of hoeing and watering. Gives a guy a chance to rest up for harvie. or go fishing.

stonestacker

stonestacker

Ours was higher than that, I'm sure... Before the rain. My corn came up within 48 hours, from dry seed. It was probably a bad move, but the Big Jims and the sweet cherry peppers were touching the light, and still in the starter tray.

This gardening thing is harder than I thought.
Timing is everything.

Morning OFC.
well the Urologist is done with me. Clean bill of health. Next the heart surgeon. Then the oncologist:party1::D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom