Curmudgeonland...home Of The Old Farts Club

• Thread starter yooper420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
putembk

putembk

I have been married twice. First one only lasted a few months. I was young and stupid and thought marriage was the socially acceptable thing to do. Neither was ready and mature enough for that disaster to last. Last I heard she had been married and divorced 6 times. That was 10 years ago....probably got a few more notches on her belt by now.

Got married the second time July 4th 1974. Next month will be our 41 anniversary. It certainly has been a roller coaster but somehow we managed to survive and thrive together. She sometimes drives me crazy but she is my best friend and I can always count on her to watch my back.

Have a 36 year old daughter living on the other side of town. We are a close family and talk to her almost daily. She has turned out to be a really good person and I am proud of her and the accomplishments she has made.

Looking back I have lived a good life and am lucky. Good health, good wife and a daughter that loves and admires me. But I am still a baby boomer and a teenager in the 60's. It's a miracle I lived through it. I was one crazy mofo back then. I wouldn't change a thing.

stonestacker

stonestacker

Hi all. Wow some pretty cool shit.

The 20th will be 34 years. One hell of a ride. I feel we worked real hard to stay together. Two sons ones 29 and we lost one to suicide @ the age of 23. That was almost 5 years ago. Really gave me a different attitude about life. I think that brought us closer together. I can't picture my life without her now.

Enough of that shit. working and gardening is starting to kick my ass. Cant seem to catch a rain day at work lately. I've always said masonry is a real good paying part time job lol. the financial adviser we used years ago didn't think that shit was funny. It can be a bitch not knowing how much you will make a year. But we have done pretty well for ourselves. Pretty damn happy and content.:D

Getting excited about retirement 10/1/2018. We are thinking we will do some traveling in the states. Talking about some sort of RV. she wants a small class B I want a new truck and 5th wheel. Time will tell.

Ramble ramble ramble.

soserthc1

soserthc1

Morning all ...good stuff @stonestacker @putembk I'm glad u guys had a good ride really can't complain about mine ...oh wait I started with one.... A momentary lapse of reason .....lol
Topic change ....med mj ...just reading that your gonna need 25 mil to get one of the 5 disp in new York. That is some crazy shit man us stoners and the ones before us fought for this plant for years but some how corp america is cashing in on the wins ...

Today's rant . PS Thursday suck

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
Wow pretty bold confession and yea another wake and bake was needed hell with 4 ( 3 actually) I'd be smoking all day . wait I do and I only got 1 ...
How do you devide your shit in half four times ......lol
Answer I bet is have no shit and dig holes
Thats some wild stuff right there . 7 yrs then a 16 /_17 yr laps and back to the original wife for 16 more .....wow arguments in your home have to be interesting

Yes, I too stay stoned all day. What arguments ? No money, nothing to argue about. Besides, we`ve already argued about everything else.

mojavegreen

mojavegreen

Coming up on 31 years ( I think, lol) with the ol ball and chain. What a wonderful strange trip it's been. She is my salvation. I am literally nothing without her. I have not always recognized that, but I do now.
Sorry about your son stonestacker. Must be tough.
If we ain't going forward we going backward.

stonestacker

stonestacker

Good morning OFC.
Morning garden chores done. Eat some oatmeal then pay bills. After that smoke some MK ultra. Look at my car I think I have a wheel bearing going out. Fix that. Plant the rest of the vegie garden ( The wife's stuff).
Harvest indoor tomorrow morning. Maybe get out on my bike. No rest for the wicked. LOL but I love it. Thats what keeps me young.

Keep it green.

wahtoogee

wahtoogee

GM, wife working till 7 today so I'm free...

Gonna change some hydro buckets, might plant one clone ak48 that's in soil, outdoors..

May run over to the hydro store.. Been using GH floranova grow and bloom in my dwc but may look for something else that's EASY but doesn't stain the roots so much!? I guess its not that big a deal that they get brownish but I'd like to see what else is out there. Suggestions?

Oh, think I'll go for a cruise on my BMW R 1200RT... Its been collecting dust!

stonestacker

stonestacker

Oh, think I'll go for a cruise on my BMW R 1200RT... Its been collecting dust!

Yah my Road Glide has collected way too much dust the last few years.
Then a big kick in the balls insurance is $635.21 a year with only 50k medical! My Blue cross does not cover any motor vehicle accidents! Might have to sell my bike!!!

Fucking MI politicians and Insurance companies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ERRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rant over.

peace

wahtoogee

wahtoogee

Stone, I'm In NJ where no insurance company will write medical for bikes... So, Insurance is generally cheap, but if you don't have regular medical insurance you had better not ride, you will have NADA! I pay just around $300 a year for my RT with max uninsured/underinsured limits. I generally put on about 6 to 7K miles a year.. Bike has 26K miles bought in Jan 2011.

HOT and MUGGY as sh*t outside, ride may have to wait! ;-)

stonestacker

stonestacker

Hot and muggy was yesterday. today is beautiful perfect day for a ride.
I have insurance through my union and to save money they don't cover automobile accidents. some how the shit changed so my bike ins. does not cover it any more. Whent to the last union meeting and raised hell not that it will do any good. I pay $7.00 every hour I work for BC&BS what the fuck!!!

soserthc1

soserthc1

@wahtoogee In the garden state , me also :cool:

Car insurance huh ... Gotta a 18 yr old that just cost me 12k on 2 cars this year and smashed them both twice :) safe to say my baby is not ready to drive , well at least not on my dime anymore. Thinking she's gonna be around for awhile :eek:

Long day of getting chores done , works never done and starting next weekend it's shore crib every weekend ....ugh hate leaving plants but gotta live i suppose . Plus weekend boat days kinda kick ass too ...

Off to the garden to neem some plants up as the works never done

Enjoy the sat night

wahtoogee

wahtoogee

Soser,

Misery loves company! (NJ). I'm around Philly area, for the shore we usually go to Margate, Ventnor area.

I hear ya, I've got 4 expensive cars on my policy, wife and I, my son and daughter.. Both college kids... It hurts..close to $700 a month :-(

I'm looking to retire in the Charleston, SC area.. Maybe Mt. Pleasant??

putembk

putembk

Afternoon all you O'l Farts. For an old fart I sure am busy. Worked downstairs in the garden this morning....then outside to the flowers and veggie garden. Been tough outside this year. To wet. Can't ever remember getting this much rain here. Water everywhere.....every river in this state is out of it's banks. Sure makes river fishing hard. Looking like runoff is gonna last most of the summer.

Insurance sucks. Car ins is bad but with all the fires here in Colo homeowners ins has gone through the roof. I have two houses and 4 rentals (condos) and the home owners ins is up almost 30% in the last 2 years. Hate it but gotta have it. Property tax has gone up almost as much. Misery does love company though......

Looks like more rain is coming....no hail please.....

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
Insurance sure does suck, but ya gotta have it, I guess. One of my best buddies cancelled his homeowners and has the very minimum on his vehicles. Now he has 2 lakefront homes, 2 pick-ups, a van, a tractor and toys. Got it all paid for but............. My luck ain`t that good.

soserthc1

soserthc1

Soser,

Misery loves company! (NJ). I'm around Philly area, for the shore we usually go to Margate, Ventnor area.

I hear ya, I've got 4 expensive cars on my policy, wife and I, my son and daughter.. Both college kids... It hurts..close to $700 a month :-(

I'm looking to retire in the Charleston, SC area.. Maybe Mt. Pleasant??
Yea I'm near philly to grew up there moved here in 96 got a crib in sea aisle also be some shit if we were neighbors .....bahaha and that my friends is growing in this part of the world ...u shop on 130 at the only hydro store in miles...

soserthc1

soserthc1

Morning insurance ....almost made a big mistake my insurance co decided to not take jersey customers anymore in Feb and I let that shit lapse 2 weeks forgot all about it... Grabbed a new policy luckily without a home inspection because my pictures were still on the net from purchase or it would of been bad but I can live with the premium its taxes in this state that are killer my last home I was paying 13k a year 1265 a month in taxes used to keep me up at night .
Now my 5k seems like nothing but still a lot ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom