Curmudgeonland...home Of The Old Farts Club

• Thread starter yooper420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hippie

Hippie

Good morning OFC, how everybody be today ? It's Saturday, the weekend's here, time to party, or is it time for the real work to start ? Either way we gonna start with a session of "wake n bake". So, get a cup of coffee, pack a bowl and here we go. Puffin' and passin' to the next old fart in line.
Don't need to be usin' no four letter W words around here. Morning, Yoop & Giggy.

Freshone

Freshone

Funny how that works baked,I trimmed 8 hours yesterday and I can barely close my damn hands today.Oh well no trimming today,gotta go buy momma a new car which might be worse,lol,hopefully not though,fleet guy promises I'll be in and out within an hour,MFer better be right to as I don't have much patience for salesmen.
Morning all.

M

mendel

I just went out and walked thru the garden, mainly to check to see if rabbits are eating the green beans that are pushing up. I think my fence and shooting the bastards is working. Beans are a rabbit favorite and ive struggled in the past to raise them. Right now I have have no damage.

I noticed as well, that there is lots of little grasshoppers around. They were bad last year, and probably will be this year as well. I had my wife stop by the local county weed and pest dept yesterday when she went to town, to buy a bag of eco-bran, which is bran with 2% sevin added. It is effective at knocking down the population. As soon as this rainy period ends ill broadcast it in a yuuuuuuuge swath around the garden to help control hoppers. My second line of hopper defense is the 200 chicks currently in the brooder house. Well pasture them all summer then sell them in fall.

Sunbaked

Sunbaked

got my tilling done ,pain pill working fine. what a difference. I think this is my last year buying soil every year. My garden now looking fine compared to 6 years ago. use to be real sandy. after 6 years of digging holes and filling with good stuff. now the whole garden looks great. done bought 10 bags of soil and 2 cubes of pro mix.
but next year Ill just till and plant.
mendel, or anyone else ,what do you kill them bugs with outdoors? I had aphids last year ,so I'm at war this year. fought moss in the yard all spring ,now I'm fighting them bugs. put granule killer and tilled it in and 4 gallons of pyrethrum spray in the greenhouse and outdoors. damn ladybugs could not keep up last year. lost 4 plants out of 12

M

mendel

Aphids are easy to kill, as far as bugs go. Malathion is ok to use when the plants are young, but im hesitant to use it as plants develop. I also like to do a perimeter spraying with tempo, which must be reapplied anytime it rains.

I had a friend w an aphid problem last year, and he used a spray of habanero powder and a few drops of dish soap to control the population and it was fairly effective.

I have heard that dishsoap and water can help control aphids as well, but havent tried it or seen anyone else try it either.

Papa Indica

Papa Indica

Hope everyone in the OFC is well today, good luck with those aphids baked, I'm in the midst of a complete dump to rid myself of spider mites. What the hell, it was a good time to take a break and get a fresh start anyway. Looking forward to firing off some new strains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom