• Thread starter yooper420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
That ain't no shit! I always grew ten 140' rows of sweet corn. All I fed was the fucking raccoons.
What few ears I got were heavenly. No better eating than when it goes from picked to eaten within an hour. So sweet it makes your teeth hurt.

I'm letting my dog loose on any fucking animal near my gardens fence! lol

Coons, Possums be dammed..

The rabbits can have the corn stalks once i'm done with them tho i'll take the gate down and let them eat till they burst.

M

mendel

Just pulled our first batch of radishes, looking forward to getting into em. I just found a recipe for lacto fermented radishes and think ill give it a go. had em before, dunno if its the same recipe, they stink to high heaven, in the tradition of kimchi, but had a very good taste.

M

mendel

I dont mind corn, its just corn. I have some copies of old cookbooks from the late 1800 from nebraska, you can do just about anything with some dent corn and a grain mill. We still call the big girls 'corn fed.'

I like sweet corn in season, but we dont put much up to eat later. I like corn even more when its coming out of a combine auger into a semi trailer and going to the elevator at $6 a bushel, like a few years ago.

I like corn stalk bales for cows in winter drylot. I like ground corn in my pig feed, makes a fatter hog than milo.

Im not a fan of ethanol, id rather get gas with no additives. We dont use their high fructose corn syrup, im thinking that shit is junk as well............

SpiderK

SpiderK

we would get sweet corn in wisconsin as a kid near the dells that you could eat without cooking it. shit running down your chin then slam another one with grandma's dinner that nigh as a kid. simple trailer couple acres zoom around on z50's as a kid, fuck around by the dumping ( way area ) with all the products dumped from the local dairy from the milk and cheese had a crazy unique smell .....

now the entire area purchased and they pull some of the best fracking sand from this spot in the usa, just skimming off the top now lol' massive train hub onsite ..... this sand is perfectly round and needs nothing more before being injected. most sand is cleaned up with other products adding cost.

county / people robbed blind who knows how much of this sand is in this area. they purchased a few thousand acres blew up a few towns and farms ect ....

G gnome

G gnome

I dont mind corn, its just corn. I have some copies of old cookbooks from the late 1800 from nebraska, you can do just about anything with some dent corn and a grain mill. We still call the big girls 'corn fed.'

I like sweet corn in season, but we dont put much up to eat later. I like corn even more when its coming out of a combine auger into a semi trailer and going to the elevator at $6 a bushel, like a few years ago.

I like corn stalk bales for cows in winter drylot. I like ground corn in my pig feed, makes a fatter hog than milo.

Im not a fan of ethanol, id rather get gas with no additives. We dont use their high fructose corn syrup, im thinking that shit is junk as well............
I love me some corn byproducts
Corn tortillas
Corn chips
corn flakes
Corn bread
Masa
Corn pops
Corn dogs
Cornish hens
But i hate sweet corn!

M

mendel

Z3i68

SpiderK

SpiderK

man i hated hillary but trump looks like a trainwreck could be unfolding. but both captured puppets so was not expect change ..... maybe someone will golf clap his 15% business tax plan thats the only thing that matters for the businesses in the usa, coupled with no tax on exports would make us a tax haven export machine. but it does not look like anything will get passed ....

edit - pre - reported political talk

SpiderK

SpiderK

side note on great jobs future.

guy working with large company doing painting in the one of thousands of 200,000 sqft warehouses going up around chicago area today ( shipping hub ) his kids did this job. they needed lighting for painting. no lights, the entire place will be filled with robots ..... unilever. i think he said massive warehouse.

kids should be learning programing no matter what for the future. every business will have them. robotic repair ect ......

just follow M.I.T's top 50 business this shows you the cutting edge of everything unfolding as business are changing at the speed of light. lots of college debt being wasted today.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Morning ! :D

Corn transplants are looking good no signs of shock or damage yet, fingers crossed. They had a nice root mass when i pulled them from the cups, HUGE fucking tap root in each.

Radishes are not far off well the red ones anyway, White icicle take a few more weeks.. And of course the perm marker i used to mark the the spots i planted has worn/washed off.. so i dunno whats planted where lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom