Custom Built Used Ocean Shipping Containers

• Thread starter Dubwobble
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

fatman

Old school/old designs. Here "connex" hydro units are designed only for remote large commercial sites. They are literally buried units (2 welded end to end) with only the ends with the doors accessible. The outside is merely sprayed with 4 inches of urethane foam and a silicone coating is prayed over that. The insides are just painted flat white.

The "in thing" design now is the 40 foot semi "reefer van units". Air atomized deep chamber growing with drain to waste to a storage tank. Water is run through nano filtration, new salts are added and therefore water reused/conserved. The units contain their own propane fired: generators, air conditioning, heating. The units used bottled CO2 in summer, generated CO2 in winter. The units are hauled to a waste water dump site, where propane bottles are switched, water tanks filled, system checked etc. They are fully monitored with video cameras and monitor data 24/7. Gentleman agreements with trucking firms, local managers of department stores, grocery stores, restaurants, even McDonald's, makes for a large number of parking spots. Other then the fact that they carry four propane tanks rather than two they are pretty indistinguishable for their origins.

P

pacog

Old school/old designs. Here "connex" hydro units are designed only for remote large commercial sites. They are literally buried units (2 welded end to end) with only the ends with the doors accessible. The outside is merely sprayed with 4 inches of urethane foam and a silicone coating is prayed over that. The insides are just painted flat white.

The "in thing" design now is the 40 foot semi "reefer van units". Air atomized deep chamber growing with drain to waste to a storage tank. Water is run through nano filtration, new salts are added and therefore water reused/conserved. The units contain their own propane fired: generators, air conditioning, heating. The units used bottled CO2 in summer, generated CO2 in winter. The units are hauled to a waste water dump site, where propane bottles are switched, water tanks filled, system checked etc. They are fully monitored with video cameras and monitor data 24/7. Gentleman agreements with trucking firms, local managers of department stores, grocery stores, restaurants, even McDonald's, makes for a large number of parking spots. Other then the fact that they carry four propane tanks rather than two they are pretty indistinguishable for their origins.

Fatman... where can I get one. LOL I wish i had the scrilla for a project like that. I have had the Idea of Using Refig Trailers for a few years now. Maybe some day.

Any info on the Air atomized systems??? Been seeing a bit more about these as of late. Looking at doing some HP Aero but if systems are similar as far as cost might have to consider the Atomizing.

F

fatman

Fatman... where can I get one. LOL I wish i had the scrilla for a project like that. I have had the Idea of Using Refig Trailers for a few years now. Maybe some day.

Any info on the Air atomized systems??? Been seeing a bit more about these as of late. Looking at doing some HP Aero but if systems are similar as far as cost might have to consider the Atomizing.

I don't know just how much info is commom knowledge here in relation to air atomized aero or even HP aero.

Both systems are the top of the line for SOG grows or purposely drearfed plants. They are not systems I would recommend for mj trees.

The mj reefer trailer units are an out growth project of providing the US government designs for connex container trailer units containing water treatment plants, waste water treatment plants, and large fully contained hydroponic symstems for the military. The water plants and sewer plants are made in huge numbers. The hydro units were designed through resaerch grants but never put into full scale production as they are considered units to be deployed after nuclear or biological warfare makes existing food stocks unusale. My treaty they are not allowed to be a item in the militaries inventory. So instead FEMA owns a few hundred or more (just enough to supply fruit and vegetables to the military).

P

pacog

I don't know just how much info is commom knowledge here in relation to air atomized aero or even HP aero.

Both systems are the top of the line for SOG grows or purposely drearfed plants. They are not systems I would recommend for mj trees.

The mj reefer trailer units are an out growth project of providing the US government designs for connex container trailer units containing water treatment plants, waste water treatment plants, and large fully contained hydroponic symstems for the military. The water plants and sewer plants are made in huge numbers. The hydro units were designed through resaerch grants but never put into full scale production as they are considered units to be deployed after nuclear or biological warfare makes existing food stocks unusale. My treaty they are not allowed to be a item in the militaries inventory. So instead FEMA owns a few hundred or more (just enough to supply fruit and vegetables to the military).

Interesting stuff Fatman Thanks. Are you on RUI as well? I could swear I have seen your Sig over there?

As for HP Aero or Atomized Aero. Not much on the site yet but I am sure that will change soon.

So you don't think HP Aero Can be used to Grow Trees effectively? I am sure you have seen the Work Tree Farmer has Done? Things look promising for sure.

I would think that Aero would be just as effective, if not more effective than RCDWC???

Olyver

Olyver

I would stay away from steel containers, too hard to deliver and move. As for the reefer trailers, the refrigeration unit on the front is not suited as an air conditioner. The humidity will rise to well over 90% and it will seem foggy. Built a few semi-trailers that I modified the "reefer unit" to accomodate an air conditioner. Most semi trailers are wood inside or at least wood framing/studs, easier to mount equipment. If you're considering a container for growing, then a steel container is no a good idea, imho. All you need to move a trailer is a rig.

From the containers I've seen, all the lights were either stationary or mounted to the ceiling, no way to lower or raise lights. Just get some 1/16 aircraft cable, tiny pulleys, cleats, etc and all the lights can be lowered or raised. A small electric winch can control the movement of the lights. If you want to grow in a container, send me a PM and I can give you a lot of good ideas.

D

Dubwobble

This company is in San Mateo, CA

They will build out whatever you want, whatever way, and deliver it.

Or tell them where to cut holes and what size, and you can do the rest.

These are really easy to deliver, you can do it with a pickup truck.

I was surprised that this company openly advertises hydroponic uses for their containers.

F

fatman

Interesting stuff Fatman Thanks. Are you on RUI as well? I could swear I have seen your Sig over there?

As for HP Aero or Atomized Aero. Not much on the site yet but I am sure that will change soon.

So you don't think HP Aero Can be used to Grow Trees effectively? I am sure you have seen the Work Tree Farmer has Done? Things look promising for sure.

I would think that Aero would be just as effective, if not more effective than RCDWC???

Tree farmer has not yet produced a "tree" with HP aero. Just over 24 imches has been about his max. I have viewed photos of tree farmer's HP aero grows. Most of the communications between the regulars on the HP thread in regard to personal grows were by PM and emails. When the thread became more of a SOG medium pressure, HP and air atomized deep chamber aero grow thread than a tree grow tree farmer shut down the thread.

I was banned from RIU for insulting the moderators and a few posters.

Medium prssessure deep camber aero or deep tube aero is an easy system for tress, but the HP and air atomized system is just too efficient. Some people growing TAG grows use a system that is basically a HP aero but they rum water with a recirculation reservoir at 24/7 during veg and switch to intermittan. HP aero during budding. With over saturation during veg nearly all roots are primary roots. Once the watering is dropped down to intermittant misting mostly hair roots are growm. Tree farmer was insistent upon finding a way to run intermittant misting producing nearly all hair roots through out the full grow and still produce trees. I no of no one who has ever accomplished that. As far as I know all three roots types need be present for mj tree growth. IE primary, lateral and hair roots. A lack of or a low ratio of primary and lateral roots prevents the growth of tall mj trees.

P

pacog

Tree farmer has not yet produced a "tree" with HP aero. Just over 24 imches has been about his max. I have viewed photos of tree farmer's HP aero grows. Most of the communications between the regulars on the HP thread in regard to personal grows were by PM and emails. When the thread became more of a SOG medium pressure, HP and air atomized deep chamber aero grow thread than a tree grow tree farmer shut down the thread.

Medium prssessure deep camber aero or deep tube aero is an easy system for tress, but the HP and air atomized system is just too efficient. Some people growing TAG grows use a system that is basically a HP aero but they rum water with a recirculation reservoir at 24/7 during veg and switch to intermittan. HP aero during budding. With over saturation during veg nearly all roots are primary roots. Once the watering is dropped down to intermittant misting mostly hair roots are growm. Tree farmer was insistent upon finding a way to run intermittant misting producing nearly all hair roots through out the full grow and still produce trees. I no of no one who has ever accomplished that. As far as I know all three roots types need be present for mj tree growth. IE primary, lateral and hair roots. A lack of or a low ratio of primary and lateral roots prevents the growth of tall mj trees.

Fatman... Thank you again for your comments. I am learning a great deal!!!!

I was thinking of a 20 gal. Fog/ Drip, Flood and Drain. But Tree Farmer said it would be a Mute point because the flood cycle would negate all the Fine Air roots that the fog would create.

Would there be some sort of set up that would allow for all 3 types of roots to be present thru out the entire cycle.

I was thinking of setting up, the system up as follows. 20 Gallon main container with the upper Portion of GH Waterfarm bucket(hydroton) and drip ring fitted into the lid of the 20gal. Only Flood 1/2-2/3 of the 20 gal Container( would need to figure out the proper # of Flood Cycles), w/consistent drip and Fog. Some sort of Diffuser at the bottom of the 20gal.

D

Dr.G13

well I've read alot of your posts on other sites, you seem very knowledgeable but im not surprised you get banned from sites from time to time. its the know-it-all way you say things and just general attitude toward people. I don't know if its just your writing style or if you do it on purpose. whatever tho, i like reading your stuff on nutrients. just don't mess up the chill vibe this site has..

Peace & Pot
-Doc

J

Jalisco Kid

I do not know what a definition of a tree is or where lp and hp separate at but my gm1000's are an aero hybrid with propagation misters running at 55 psi and a top feed from 1/4" lines during veg. I get 6' plants from 2.2 - 2.8 lb. . I do carry all flavors of roots though. Suerte JK
I believe though with enough pressure(internal) a plant can move the nutrients up thru the plant from fine roots. I have an old rez laying around about 60 gal I was thinking about plumbing into an outdoor sys to see what it would do.
One could put together a nice sys from these guys.

T

tree farmer

i usually would never even reply to a thread like this but when someone says i never grew a tree and then i have a thread on this site that shows pics of trees 55inches tall and over 4 ft wide grown in a HP aero system with nothing but misters i feel i should at least say someone doesnt know what they are talking about.

L

Lost

i usually would never even reply to a thread like this but when someone says i never grew a tree and then i have a thread on this site that shows pics of trees 55inches tall and over 4 ft wide grown in a HP aero system with nothing but misters i feel i should at least say someone doesnt know what they are talking about.

For a lab coat he sure did have alot of bad information and contradicted himself all over the place. I guess because you can site a research study does not mean you know anything productive. :lipssealed

IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

I do not know what a definition of a tree is or where lp and hp separate at but my gm1000's are an aero hybrid with propagation misters running at 55 psi and a top feed from 1/4" lines during veg. I get 6' plants from 2.2 - 2.8 lb. . I do carry all flavors of roots though. Suerte JK
I believe though with enough pressure(internal) a plant can move the nutrients up thru the plant from fine roots. I have an old rez laying around about 60 gal I was thinking about plumbing into an outdoor sys to see what it would do.
One could put together a nice sys from these guys.

I'm not interested in building a system or getting specs for a system. I'd like to know how much a gm1000 is going to cost me and where do i get one. Im med legal and in the state of MI if that even matters. You're more than welcome to answer in pm if you feel more comfortable. Thanx -Keepz

Top Bottom