cut early (mildew) . .

• Thread starter drpressure600
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

drpressure600

i'd a problem with mildew last week, treated it with all sorts, but it still came back, i cut 13 of the plants a week early from the 8 in flower they should have got, i lost alot of nice buds over mildew but still got 3 trays of weed & a nice box of buds from the crop, 'lucky', now i'm just anxious now waiting on them to dry out,

i've got 3 more grows on which i put into flower only a couple of weeks back, i'm wondering if the mildew thing will start bad the next few weeks, any suggestions here would be a big help, i'll be sick to lose my buds again . .

T

Tolpan

Hi drpressure! Fucking PM!
I stopped most of it and hope to end this grow without throwing away any bud!
I would spray the plants with backing soda or milk! I tried it yesterday and the plants I sprayed with milk look good today.
Don't know which room size you have, but I would buy a sulfur vaporizor! I think that's the best, just ordered one. Hope will get it soon!

All the best with your grow!

Tolpan

F

FastForward

I feel for you man..that sucks....I had to chop the violators early and tbh the smoke suffered badly....mostly clear trichs and just the wrong kind of buzz.

Whichever route you choose to go, just keep doing it at whatever the recommended schedule is for a month....the important thing is to break the cycle. If they look clear the spores can still be in there....keep nuking them with zone+penetrator for a month....that includes all plants in all rooms....inc. prop...(with weaker solution)

Here's what I cut of mark's comments on that thread at icmag:

I've heard sulfur burner in veg kills it before it hits flower. don't forget by the time you SEE it its already gone through its life cycle and those are the babies. So just cause you don't see it, doesn't mean its not there infecting plants.

For flower, I've found that dunking the plant for a second or two in dutch master's zone (10ml/gallon) and dutch master's penetrator (accord. to instructed dilution) fries the shit right out of the plant- or disinfects it, I should say. Spray with water the next couple days and no residue I could notice and it was gone for over two weeks. Only thing I've found that WORKS in flower- and my opinion, BTW is that serenade sucks-it actually made it worse. I'd go sulfur in veg, dutch master zone in flower, get a dehumidifier. And dunk every 3-5 days for two weeks to break the 5-7 reproductive lifecycle of p.m. A hepa air filtration system will filter out spores in the air.
I've spent lots of time and $$ contemplating this one

Dudes and Dudeettes, I'm telling you. The dutch master zone at 10ml/gallon and penetrater at reccomended strength (for dipping one bottle of penetrater makes 3 gallons dip water). The penetraters a little pricey but the zone will last you forever.

I've actually eraticated the PM 100%. A feat i never thought possible. It is no longer systemically in my cuts. I did the above mentioned treatment every five days for like a month. ALL GONE!

For smaller gardens you could hand spray and save $$ on the penetrater, but make sure all keaf surfaces are sprayed.

Im telling you guys the zone is the cure all. you can spray. But for 100% effectiveness dipping is better. Its a pain in the ass but you'll be happy in the end. You can even dip buds. I'd spray them down with water or dip water b4 harvest. But the zone is a chlorine product like used for drinking water and most of it evaps so not much residue left over. The bomb is once you've dipped a couple times and don't see the powder mold at all, then dip them hard when you see no signs of spores. Its still in the cells. This really fries it out, and disrupts the lifecycle.

Everyone has pm out here and i'm one of the few that has eradicated it without sulfer or other bad products. I tried it all h2o, scorpion juice etc etc and the only two that work are the zone and another more chemie product called physan 20-20. I found the zone works better though. And yes the penetrater is a super surfactant. It makes whatever you put in it systemic in the plant (translanier- or some word like that which means it can translocate through the leaf tissue- spray it on the top and it can "penetrate" all the way to the bottom.)
good luck y'all

but i'm tellin you this works-
I wish the Dutch Master peeps would check out this site.

You can spray, but dipping will kill in in the stems and all plant matter. Whatever you do spay or dip every five days for a couple weeks for total eradication. Dip when you don't see any mold (remember the white stuff is their babies) by the time you see it its gone on too long. Assume its in the plant and dip when you don't see it- that's how i got rid of it

Oh and ive sprayed zone even on unrooted cuts to keep damping off at bay and stop any funal rot in the stem. That's what it was originally designed for i was told. It doesn't harm them, the perk up. Same with flower- i've used it up to a day b4 harvest. Just sprayor dip with water the day before you cut just to be safe and get all the residue off- not that there is any but just to be safe.

I swear this stuff works wonders- and your plants will respond and really perk up and get growing much faster. The pm lives in the plant cells and punctues the cell walls. Even when you don't see the spores (white stuff) it can greatly afftect the plants ability to grow healtily. Tw is known up here in norcal for getting powder mold bad, people generally spread it by accident when sharing cuts.

But don't worry with zone and pentrater you can finally get rid of it. All my strains are now pm free (after like a year and 1/2 battle) and free of mites as well- that's a trickier one- i use something nobody knows about yet and it killed them all dead in three applications and that was it- now half a year later and all borg and replicaters are DEAD- GOOD RIDDENCE!

The zone/penetrater can be used in late flower. Remember though to dip them in a bucket because spraying isn't as effective. That pm has a mind of its own and will invade the inner stem if it has to to hide and survive. Dipping prevents all this. Its been six months now and i'm still shocked i got rid of it (and those damn borg too-hehe-all dead).

ps- i've been real disappointed by all the advanced products. The scorpion juice didn't do squat and was real expensive. And the folks that own advanced weren't too nice to the humboldt folk on their last trip down here. JMHO

mark

dudes and dudettes- i live in a climate where its 80% humidity and 40-60F -perfect pm conditions and i've eraticated it completely. You are all barking up the wrong tree. That hydro guy that told you that you were crazy is crazy. I got this info from the dutch master people themselves through my local hydro store.

I've reduced the rates on the zone to 2-5ml/gallon. Still use the penetrater at full strength. THe penetrater is the KEY to the combo cause it makes it SYSTEMIC. THat white shit is the spores or babies. You aren't trying to kill that. You need to kill the HYPHAE that penetrate the cells and suck the life out of the plant. Best time to spray or dip is when you DON'T see white spores. Break the life cycly just like with fleas for cats/dogs.

Zone Penetrator is the ONLY thing i've seen work. And it works great. Messing around with ph water and humidity you might as well be spinning your wheels meanwhile you are losing your medicine.

Google up pm life cycle and see what i'm talking about with the hyphae.
And yes the copper sulfate helps in it- but the other ingredients are key cataylsts and the penetrater makes it systemic....

Its the only way i've found folks.
And yes unrooted cuttings are fine at 1-2ml/gallon zone and fulll strength penetrater. It also kills stem rot for unroooted cuts. The cuts love it. I reguluary spray mist my cuts as a preventitive and esp. if i EVER take in a new cut from someone else i quaraanteene it and zone the fuck out of it.
Most of all clubs in cali have pm infected cuts. You won't see it without a super strong microscope or until the spores fruit (the white powder). And this is a shame casue sick people can die from smoking pm infested meds.

D

drpressure600

dutch master zone it is . .

I would spray the plants with backing soda or milk! I tried it yesterday and the plants I sprayed with milk look good today.
Don't know which room size you have, but I would buy a sulfur vaporizor! I think that's the best, just ordered one. Hope will get it soon!

Tolpan[/QUOTE

i'm gona try dutch master zone 2moro, but whats the mix with milk, how much milk in water ml 2 ml etc,

i've got 3 small grows left of ak 47 & skunk no 11, each grow is a 1.5m square with a 600w over 12 plants,

i got a nice crop last night, even though the (nasty mildew) was there, ishould get a nice few ozs over the next 10 days . .

i've gotten nice photos 2, i've just to get them posted . .

S

Salty

I've been through what you're dealing with.

I can say from experience that no bud is worth your health. There's nothing nastier than mold...except burning mold. That stuff will seriously shorten your life.

That said a hash making operation would enable you to separate your trichomes which are oil from the mold which is water based. I am sad to say bro but that's one of your only options if bud mold or powdery mildew has set in.

I would be more focused, personally on the contributing factors and move to change them so this doesnt happen again. If venhilation (which most likely it is) is your problem, then i suggest beefing up your air exchange. If your temps are too high while your humidity is up, seek to bring those levels down with venhilation and a dehumidifier.

Just please don't smoke the stuff. It's not worth the incredible amount of damage that stuff does.

F

FastForward

Just please don't smoke the stuff. It's not worth the incredible amount of damage that stuff does.

Salty - I've got pm in my tent atm - does this mean I can't smoke any it?? I'm treating it and I've still got 3 weeks left on them, so I was hoping I could kill the pm before curing and smoking...??

C

choking420

ok i tried almost every route. i hate sulfur products. serenade burns the shit off your ladies. its crap imo. i guess i will try dutch master zone + penetrator. i really wanted to try systhane but i giess they dont carry it in america. is the dutch master zone and penetrator two separate products? i could have sworn that at a local hyrdo store it was one bottle.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Tolpan

What kind of milk did you use? Skim, whole, or low fat? And did you dilute it?

G

GrandKynd

I'm using some stuff called M-PEDE. Seems to be doing the trick so far, but it's pricy and comes in 2 1/2 gal jugs.

U

USMCtanker

i have used a few things and my far best so far is milk,
i use 1part milk 9 parts water.
just never go over 30% milk as that makes a mold its self witch isnt harmful to plant but is to the smoker as so im told.
oh i use whole milk. works well for me
my 2 cents:smoke

D

drpressure600

10 0zs . .

i cut 13 plants last time due to mildew & let them dry out, i got 10 ozs weighted, bad stuff the mildew, i should have got 15+ on that many plants, a nightmare the mildew . .

B

bluegrass

yes it is I am battling with it right now as well, peroxide and serenade burnt the fuck out of my plants. It is going to be a battle alright...:(fuck

budboy299

budboy299

I've used the milk spray myself...didn't wipe it out completly but sure kept it in check

U

USMCtanker

ya the milk so far as worked great, when i spray i also dab down the big water drops. then i spot spray when i see it and its never goten outta control since then, it still pops up from time to time but nothing bad.

Big Buddy

Big Buddy

A master grower of many things here told me a little trick the other day, Lysol disinfectant spray, just try not to spray on the buds, tough he said after 3 weeks or so its ok, but I used it on the leaves, and the job it did was amazing. Now you have to use the lysol that says kills 99.9 percent of germs, bacteria, mould, nd mildew on the front in red letters, its amazing folks.

U

USMCtanker

A master grower of many things here told me a little trick the other day, Lysol disinfectant spray, just try not to spray on the buds, tough he said after 3 weeks or so its ok, but I used it on the leaves, and the job it did was amazing. Now you have to use the lysol that says kills 99.9 percent of germs, bacteria, mould, nd mildew on the front in red letters, its amazing folks.

thanks for shareing i will haft to try that. well maybe sounds scary useing that bc iw ould never have thoght that would work with hurting plants. crazy thanks for shareing

D

drpressure600

a few lil'things . .

dose anyone think that mildew could slow growth down, i've got alot of plants in flower now, but some of them i think they need more time 4 better buds, they are looking very well, but i think that they should have grown quicker, maybe spraying them with chemicals mite slow them down . .

also i think that mildew also comes from dirty containers & pots etc, i sprayed the walls & trays with water & bleach awhile back, & since haven't seen a sign of mildew, thank god . .

D

drpressure600

infected buds . .

these are some buds thats got infected on me . .

Sick bud
Sick bud 2
P

ProGroWannabe

Ewww sorry about the infection. You took some good photos of it though. Nice to see you posting pics :yes

Top Bottom