cut early (mildew) . .

• Thread starter drpressure600
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

i told my friend out of a grow shop and told him, he said it was, fuck it, i never seen that shit before until recently, i had plants rotten as well that i taut was bud rot, but it was totally different, the pics are up in this tread,

I saw those earlier pics. And I am pretty sure that was bud rot as well. But I am pretty certain the current pic is showing Botrytis. I really would invest in a grow guide, they are absolutely worth the money. I think the best one on the market is Jorge Cervantes' book. Check it out, you will never have to rely on describing the situation to somebody and hoping they know what your problem is.

D

drpressure600

i have the bible smoking, when i seen that shit i just rang my m8 & asked him, i never really get problems like that, i've always got things spotless clean etc, fuck it, you leave & learn . . 'bud rot' . .

H

hazyfontazy

That is not Powdery Mildew. That is Botrytis, also known as bud rot.

that didnt happen over night ,,thats a very severe case and couldve been controlled ,,,

more airflow at night and up night temps ,,

S

Stackin Paper

that didnt happen over night ,,thats a very severe case and couldve been controlled ,,,

more airflow at night and up night temps ,,

I said that to drp in pm, if he had shown us the pics sooner he could have cut out the worst infected bit and got more bud from the grow.

What i can't understand is that he has the bible but he still rang his mate, that book taught me everything i knew in the beginning, then you just tweak it to ur preferred method of growing.

READ THE BIBLE drp, lol.

H

hazyfontazy

whatever u do ,,dont toke it or give it someone else too toke :(

F

FastForward

Does that also stand for powdery mildew? Obviously I'm not smoking pm buds, but is it okay to smoke the rest of the plant??

D

drpressure600

trust me ff . .

trust me 'fastforward', they rest of them plants are well smoked, ha ha ha . . long gone brother . .

T

Tolpan

Botrytis only shows on dying parts of a plant, it will never ever show on healthy plants!. That's different to PM. PM needs living parts. Botrytis is a Saprophyt that lives on dead/dying parts of plant/vegetable or fruit!

PM is a Parasit!

For example mycchoriza is a symbiont!

On every cheese you get thousands of spores. And they are very healthy.

But please do not smoke infected pot!

Cheers Tolpan

U

upnorthclones

raise the temps to 80, lower the humidity to 35. Put a HEPA filter on your air intake. Spray down the plants with pH 9.0 water, then shake them to get the drops off. Dry them off quickly in a warm room with a fan. Do this once a week if you have to, but it works.

D

drpressure600

raise the temps to 80, lower the humidity to 35. Put a HEPA filter on your air intake. Spray down the plants with pH 9.0 water, then shake them to get the drops off. Dry them off quickly in a warm room with a fan. Do this once a week if you have to, but it works.

i'll keep the info 4 the next time it happens, i've cut those plants down that were sick, dumped the bad stuff, the rest is well smoked now, i've got the set up well clean with bleach etc, i've a few other grows on now that are perfect, plus i'm getting ready to do vertical grows with 'AK 47', 'BUBBLEGUM', serious seeds, & 'SHARKSBREATH 09' from dna genetics . .

D

drpressure600

the good ones . .

these are some of the girls from that same grow, but they weren't effected, 'SKUNK NO 11" . .

VB 1629
 VB 1630
 VB 1631
MileHighChic

MileHighChic

oooh..that powdery mildew and bud rot is such a pain in the rear! I thought I was cleared until some little white moldy patches showed up on some of my leaves. I sprayed with neem and rinsed my ladies off in the shower. Only got 4 weeks left until harvest on my Purple Dragon, Ak-47, Medicine, Ultimate Indica and Hash Plant...hopefully I got that mold under control even if it was only a little bit. Die scum die!

B

bannana man

its that time of year again ..cant belive how much pm ive seen this winter

H

hazyfontazy

after a while your eyes become like magnets and u spot it from 20 ft away ,,fucking stuff,,

info,, zone+penetrator ph is 9.5

F

FastForward

after a while your eyes become like magnets and u spot it from 20 ft away ,,fucking stuff,,

info,, zone+penetrator ph is 9.5

Truth...only now I'm so para for the pm that even tight clusters of trichs look like pm to me....

Mine's back AGAIN. The very bottom line is that you've got to keep spraying throughout the season. I fucked up and thought I'd got rid of it, so stopped spraying after 3 weeks. It came back 3 weeks after that. Once it's gone, make up a maintenance dose of Z+P and spray the plants once a week EVEN IF THERE'S NO SYMPTOMS OF PM. The spores are everywhere, and it seems particularly so this year from what I lot of farmers are saying, so maintenance is essential imho - because keeping the spores away is nigh on impossible unless you're running a sealed setup...

My full strength Z+P is as Mark@Humboldt suggests: 60ml/l Pen, 2.5ml/l Zone. My maintenance is 60ml/l Pen, 1ml/l Zone.

Spray sprays spray....

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Hi drpressure! Fucking PM!

I would spray the plants with backing soda or milk! I tried it yesterday and the plants I sprayed with milk look good today.

I know this thread has been dormant for a little while but I have recently been using Baking Soda spray to deal with PM, and have had incredible success. I use a ratio of 1 tbsp of Baking Soda to 1 gal. of water. I spray once every 2 weeks and have had no problems when sticking to that regiment. It is also safe enough and cheap enough to use once a week. I have noticed in flower the pistils will dry out rapidly when sprayed with Baking Soda, but the rest of the bud formation is unaffected. Baking soda is not a fungicide, it is a fungistat, so it only prohibits the mold from taking hold on the plants, so this is really a preventative measure, not a cure. If there is a significant infection a fungicide may be needed to kill it off, but after the mold is killed the Baking Soda will keep the infection at bay.

Top Bottom