Da WiFi in Coco, CO2, 1k Dual-Arc, 4th Grow Log!

• Thread starter nMEEKS
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bigcheese510

bigcheese510

No problem brotha. Plants definantly thrive when they come from healthy moms. My motto in the garden and relationships are the exact same. Keep your girls happy and theyll keep you happy! I seen you eere asking for suggestions on your next run. Maybe if you have time you can give a run down on what you have going on as far as nutes and set up and ill give you my .02

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Wow, thank you so much leadsled! Haha, I'm not sure if you noticed, but my irrigation system is a very slight modification of your DIY drip system from the thread you made a long time ago! My back owes you a big thank you because I no longer have to hand water my flowering plants like I did last year! You always have something new brewing over where you are, and I'm sure it is inspiring to more than just me, so thank you for dropping in and your short post means a lot!

-Meeks:)
Your very welcome. I did notice and you did an excellent job on the irrigation. I appreciate your post and comments. Makes me happy and makes the time I spent on the DIY even more worthwhile. Sorry for my short posts, I have to limit the amount of time I hurt myself slowly on this evil machine... :)

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
beautiful work Meeks!! wow, outstanding, those nugs look super thick and tasty! i can just taste the smoke looking at it....oooh i wish! beautiful colours, frosty and chunky ;)

I'm still offering a big reward for the person who invents scratch and sniff internet pictures, or something on par!! I wish the pictures could do more justice, but nug shots are coming soon enough and those usually turn out pretty nice! Thanks for checking things out FlowaMasta!

No problem brotha. Plants definantly thrive when they come from healthy moms. My motto in the garden and relationships are the exact same. Keep your girls happy and theyll keep you happy! I seen you eere asking for suggestions on your next run. Maybe if you have time you can give a run down on what you have going on as far as nutes and set up and ill give you my .02

My flowering area is roughly 11x9 and has 2 raptor reflectors with heat shields and insulated ducting on a closed loop with the outside. I run 18,000 BTU heating/cooling with a mini-split wall mounted unit made by Fujitsu, I have 1 bulb from Ushio that is a 1000w Dual-Arc, and 1 bulb from hortilux that is a 1000w HPS, and personally I like the Dual-arc better just because the spectrum is easier on my eye's. I use 2 4x4 white trays from botanicare and I have a 20 gallon botanicare res below each tray on a platform attached to the tables, which are on wheels. I am thinking about downsizing to 10 gallon reservoirs below each, because I would prefer better control over my nutrients in a 2-3 period, rather than mixing for the whole week with 20 gallons. Both flowering trays are plumbed with a pvc based drip system, very similar to what leadsled showed in his DIY thread. The main issues I want to address that feels like a chore taking care of in the grow room is moving water from the drain catch reservoirs out of the garage manually, and watering the plants in the veg closet by hand. Right now, all my trays, including the 2x8 trays in the veg closet, drain into 7 gallon plastic totes that usually fill up over 3-5 days and then I manually have to empty them into 5 gallon home depot buckets, so I can carry the dirty water outside and feed my backyard garden with the still nutrient rich runoff. Over the course of a week, this can add up to a number of trips with 2x 5gallon buckets in and out of my garage, and is not only a pain in the ass, but probably looks kinda suspicious to the neighbors. So I am willing to find a new water/nutrient source for my backyard plants, and maybe just pump the runoff water out of the garage, under the door and off where no one would see. The other issue is setting up a drip system of some kind for my veg closet. My plants are always changing in size, number, and location in there. . . so I need a system that can change relatively easily, and maintain plants of varying sizes, all the way down to the possibility of having a mist system off one of the drip lines going into my clone tray/humidome! The veg trays, double decker 2x8 tray setup, has a 10 gallon and 20 gallon reservoir below it that can be used. Right now I feed all my veg plants the same thing, because they are all just moms taking hiatus, so I just use the 20 gallon res. As for flowering nutrients, although I have figured out how to work with this H&G decently well, I am very tempted to switch over to something more organic, or maybe something along the lines of Jack's Professional Hydroponics fert! If I do that, I will keep using what i have left (a lot) of the H&G base and roots excel on my veg plants, and try out the new stuff in flowering!

How do you like that book I just wrote? If you can manage to read through it all. . . let me know if you have any suggestions. . . . and there are plenty of pictures and more description in my first grow thread that shows the buildout of the whole room and all the stuff inside!

Your very welcome. I did notice and you did an excellent job on the irrigation. I appreciate your post and comments. Makes me happy and makes the time I spent on the DIY even more worthwhile. Sorry for my short posts, I have to limit the amount of time I hurt myself slowly on this evil machine... :)

:D Thanks again Lead! Any ideas for designing a system along the same lines, but more flexible in how many plants it might be watering at different times? Maybe something with ball valves at specific points to turn on and off sections of the pvc? I would like to design something for my double decker 2x8ft veg tables. . . that won't be in the way, but will also allow even watering of various size plants, with somewhat often changes to plants number. Haha, I think it might be something I design with my hands on the materials, sitting the the room, but I just thought maybe you had made something of your own that you could share your experience with.

-Meeks

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

Very detailed and concise, thank you cery much for taking the time to write it all out. To me it sounds like you have a very good handle of things in a sweet ass set up. Have you givin any thought of doing coco or soil beds in those flood trays? Im actually going to convert to 1 the 2the after i find a keeper pheno from some of my alien gear =) .... i would like to possibly see you run the alien gear identical to alien and see what you come out with. In your veg area if you set up a drip system you can put restriction valve to control flow and the also have different gph heads but im sure you know that. Getting rid of the excess nute solution is a little harder to help with without knowing floor plans of your spot. Maybe hook it to a cheap pump and hose and pump it out?? Im sure you will figure out a kick ass way to alleviate your problem. Jope mu mini novel helps you some.

Quesodilla

flowamasta

flowamasta

i agree, a pump used strictly for pumping out the res, i'm actually thinking of changing my setup so i don't have to do any lifting, i go from the bathroom to the growroom lugging 20 litre buckets of water. annoying, but only once a week, but still i just need a t-piece and a tap so i can run another hose out and pump away to rid of my flush...that would be awesome. then use a clean hose to feed fresh water from the bath...oh yeah. u got me thinkin, now, always upgrading!! thankx Bigcheese!

nMeeks, i wish i could scratch n sniff your erbs. or just teleport me there for a quick swap sesh ;) lol, love ya work man, good information as always

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

That was a great show, glad I saw this one. I am a big fan of your screening technique, and your flowers look amazing. It also seems as if you were able to pull off that fall coloring at the end, very nice flush. I am curious about one thing though, is there any reason why you are using pots in those beds?

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

Great job Nmeeks, wow those nugs are so nice plump and super frosty. I haven't kept up w/ this thread as much as I should've. I completely agree w/ your philosophy this grow, if I had to choose I'd definitely pick quality over quantity also. That's not to say we shouldn't strive for both. I can't wait for the dried nug shots bro, you killed it this run and you can't go wrong w/ a cannon snapping these sweet pics, keep it up brother.

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

sorry if my message was a little hard to understand i was typing on my cell phone and it gets a little hard to catch all the typos in a long message

SmokinDogCujo

SmokinDogCujo

Premium Member
Supporter
Great grow and nug shots as usual!! Can't wait to see your Summer and Fall grow..." Alien Grapevine, the Lemon Alien Dawg, and the Alien Grenades!" That sounds like some good ish!!

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
Very detailed and concise, thank you cery much for taking the time to write it all out. To me it sounds like you have a very good handle of things in a sweet ass set up. Have you givin any thought of doing coco or soil beds in those flood trays? Im actually going to convert to 1 the 2the after i find a keeper pheno from some of my alien gear =) .... i would like to possibly see you run the alien gear identical to alien and see what you come out with. In your veg area if you set up a drip system you can put restriction valve to control flow and the also have different gph heads but im sure you know that. Getting rid of the excess nute solution is a little harder to help with without knowing floor plans of your spot. Maybe hook it to a cheap pump and hose and pump it out?? Im sure you will figure out a kick ass way to alleviate your problem. Jope mu mini novel helps you some.

Quesodilla

Thanks Cheese, I think we are on roughly the same page for solving both problems, so I am glad what I was planning is the same kinda thing you would attempt! I have thought about making my trays into beds. . . .I wonder how much more media that would be! I think 7 gallons of coco per plant when I run 4 plants per light is plenty and I I try to keep my flowering numbers lower if possible. If I bumped up to 9 plants per light, I would almost certainly run them as coco beds!

i agree, a pump used strictly for pumping out the res, i'm actually thinking of changing my setup so i don't have to do any lifting, i go from the bathroom to the growroom lugging 20 litre buckets of water. annoying, but only once a week, but still i just need a t-piece and a tap so i can run another hose out and pump away to rid of my flush...that would be awesome. then use a clean hose to feed fresh water from the bath...oh yeah. u got me thinkin, now, always upgrading!! thankx Bigcheese!

nMeeks, i wish i could scratch n sniff your erbs. or just teleport me there for a quick swap sesh ;) lol, love ya work man, good information as always

I think we all agree, a separate pump or two to get all the water out without doing any major lifting is going to be the best solution for us, and now as Cheese said, I just have to look at my own floor plan and solve the plumping design riddle! Thanks for your feedback FlowaMasta, and thanks for the kind words!

That was a great show, glad I saw this one. I am a big fan of your screening technique, and your flowers look amazing. It also seems as if you were able to pull off that fall coloring at the end, very nice flush. I am curious about one thing though, is there any reason why you are using pots in those beds?

Thanks a bunch Sanvanalona! The coloring came in just slightly on a couple random leaves, but practically nothing compared to the WU, and completely green compared to the WMK! I like it that way, diversity in my flowers keeps me ready and excited for the next grow! Same answer I gave to Cheese about the beds vs pots, I should do the math, but I assume it would be much more than 28 gallons of media in that whole tray, and that is all I am using right now fairly successfully IMO with 4x 7gal pots.

Great job Nmeeks, wow those nugs are so nice plump and super frosty. I haven't kept up w/ this thread as much as I should've. I completely agree w/ your philosophy this grow, if I had to choose I'd definitely pick quality over quantity also. That's not to say we shouldn't strive for both. I can't wait for the dried nug shots bro, you killed it this run and you can't go wrong w/ a cannon snapping these sweet pics, keep it up brother.

Thank you very much Joe! Take your time and give the log a read when you get the chance, you have plenty of time before my next log gets fired up in July to catch up! I meant that I chose my keeper WiFi plant from my seed run to be the best quality flowers and smoke possible, and didn't let yield weigh my decision at all (pun intended)! But this run, I got to grow out that keeper for the first time since I chose it from seed, and had the whole tray full of that genotype, and I was able to get the yield WAY up! My largest harvest yet this year, I think, I will know for sure in a few days! And the Canon will snap some nug shots sometime this week and I'll try to have them up by next weekend!

Great job Meeks!

Thanks D! I can't wait for you to drop the bomb on us with all your girls flowering out! I was sending good vibes their way when I was in your neck of the woods earlier today! I think I remember you saying something about enjoying the WiFi last harvest, you should come by and sample some from this batch perhaps!

sorry if my message was a little hard to understand i was typing on my cell phone and it gets a little hard to catch all the typos in a long message

I think I was able to decipher it mostly! Haha, I don't even try to post from my phone, I just check alerts and 'like' stuff when I am stuck at the bus stop or something.

Great grow and nug shots as usual!! Can't wait to see your Summer and Fall grow..." Alien Grapevine, the Lemon Alien Dawg, and the Alien Grenades!" That sounds like some good ish!!

Thank you very much SDC! Glad to be bringing a quality show to The Farm! I think most of the farmers here think all those strains sound like some good ish! We are all so hyped up about the new crosses coming out of the Mothership, I can hardly wait to get these beans popped and see what lives inside!

Really sorry it took me almost a week to get back to some of you guys. . . been busy keeping things running smoothly here and in my classes, and they are both steady on track! I appreciate your comments and patients in waiting for a reply!

-Meeks

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

It would only be 2.5 more bags to fill the whole tray depending on bag size. I think that if you add 2you plants and make the tray a bed you will murder it. No need for an ambulance call the coroner!

Aint it funny how great minds think a like.

Aye you gotta do what you gotta do to keep in contact with the homies.

nMEEKS

nMEEKS

Horticulturist
Supporter
nMEEKS I love love love reading your stuff and observing your talents. Ive got a WIFI #6 thats becoming a mom for many children to come. It was gifted to me and Im told its Raskals favorite cut so Im very excited! Anywho keep killing it holmes and thanks for taking the time to share all this!

Well, thank you kindly Dan Klover! That means a lot! If that is true about the WiFi#6 cut, then your are in for a serious treat! Even if it's not a cut Raskal has ever seen, if it is real WiFi, you are still in for a treat! Good luck with your upcoming grows running that awesome score!

Also, I like that quote in your signature a bunch!

It would only be 2.5 more bags to fill the whole tray depending on bag size. I think that if you add 2you plants and make the tray a bed you will murder it. No need for an ambulance call the coroner!

Aint it funny how great minds think a like.

Aye you gotta do what you gotta do to keep in contact with the homies.

Yea your right, it would be roughly 4 bags, give or take, to fill the tray as a bed. . . . which isn't much more media cost that I currently have, since right now I use rough 3 bags per flowering run including media during veg. I don't know how I would feel about 6 plants instead of 4, although the math makes sense for volume of media per plant, I like to keep my plants layout in a square pattern, and that doesn't happen with 6 plants (that I can think of).

I am liking the idea of beds though! And the extra media is no longer a concern after doing the math and seeing how it would only be another $25 tops for possibly higher yields!

On the subject of beds, here is a fun fact that I learned in one of my classes last week: When a street tree is infected with a virus, often you will notice that all the trees down that sidewalk are declining at roughly the same rate. . . . this is because plants can actually naturally graft themselves to other plants when they grow into each other, and in the case of street trees (especially Elms) they tend to graft root systems! Because of the grafted root system, the trees all the way down a street may actually all be sharing a vascular system, and therefore they will also be sharing viruses that are mostly transmitted in the vascular system!

When I heard this, my thoughts instantly went to growers who use soil or coco beds, and I thought about how it kinda puts all your eggs in one basket if you end up fighting a media borne pest or disease. . . . which is one of the main things holding me back from making the switch. The other major thing holding me back is that I cannot move my plants out of the garage in emergency situations when the landlord has to come by, or other unknown problems, if the plants are all stuck together in a big bed!

I guess I have some decision making to do, but I have a little while to make that call, so any more feedback one way or the other from anyone is welcome to help me come to a final choice!

-Meeks

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

Well, thank you kindly Dan Klover! That means a lot! If that is true about the WiFi#6 cut, then your are in for a serious treat! Even if it's not a cut Raskal has ever seen, if it is real WiFi, you are still in for a treat! Good luck with your upcoming grows running that awesome score!

Also, I like that quote in your signature a bunch!

Yea your right, it would be roughly 4 bags, give or take, to fill the tray as a bed. . . . which isn't much more media cost that I currently have, since right now I use rough 3 bags per flowering run including media during veg. I don't know how I would feel about 6 plants instead of 4, although the math makes sense for volume of media per plant, I like to keep my plants layout in a square pattern, and that doesn't happen with 6 plants (that I can think of).

I am liking the idea of beds though! And the extra media is no longer a concern after doing the math and seeing how it would only be another $25 tops for possibly higher yields!

On the subject of beds, here is a fun fact that I learned in one of my classes last week: When a street tree is infected with a virus, often you will notice that all the trees down that sidewalk are declining at roughly the same rate. . . . this is because plants can actually naturally graft themselves to other plants when they grow into each other, and in the case of street trees (especially Elms) they tend to graft root systems! Because of the grafted root system, the trees all the way down a street may actually all be sharing a vascular system, and therefore they will also be sharing viruses that are mostly transmitted in the vascular system!

When I heard this, my thoughts instantly went to growers who use soil or coco beds, and I thought about how it kinda puts all your eggs in one basket if you end up fighting a media borne pest or disease. . . . which is one of the main things holding me back from making the switch. The other major thing holding me back is that I cannot move my plants out of the garage in emergency situations when the landlord has to come by, or other unknown problems, if the plants are all stuck together in a big bed!

I guess I have some decision making to do, but I have a little while to make that call, so any more feedback one way or the other from anyone is welcome to help me come to a final choice!

-Meeks

you have some valid points that i can see why you would be hesitant to switch up. mobility is a definant problem. in the end id say do what best for you and your situation. whatever you choose youll be making the right call.

Latest posts

Top Bottom