Daddy's mini Scrog

• Thread starter DaddyFatSacks
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

DaddyFatSacks

What up all,
This is my second journal, the first didn't turn out so well cuz i never updated it, but this time I will do a much better job as I plan to update once a week on Fridays. Ok, that being said now to the setup, my Cab is 4'x3'x2' (HxLxW) with a 400w hps, so its pretty bright in there lol. Hottest it gets is 77F so i got the heat beat but i am on the very low end of the humidity spectrum sitting at about 25%, anything anyone can suggest for that wold be very helpful.

Ok so now for the good part, the plant. I just planted a fem master kush seed from nirvana this morning after I germinated it (it took about 12 hours to sprout a half inch root, awesomeness). i Planted it in FoxFarms OceanForest and gave it some good clean distilled water, oh and put a Tupperware over the seed site for some extra humidity the first couple days of life. So that's it for now i have some pics of the cab and a nug from last grow so enjoy till next week

DaddyFatSacks:cool0041:

HPIM1255
HPIM1258
HPIM1259
A

alphaferret

so whats the light?/Just one plant?/That bud looks great!-and the cab looks super clean

alpha

D

DaddyFatSacks

its a 400w hps (first paragraph), its a sunburst from hydrofarm if that's what u mean. And ya only the one plant, gonna see how big I can get her lol, i might do 2 next grow to shorten veg time a little but i wanted to try this first. Thanx for dropping by

DaddyFatSacks:pimp:

D

DaddyFatSacks

Day 7

OK, so as i said here is the weekly update. My master kush sprouted a day after i stuck it in the dirt, so its about 7 days old. Not much to look at now but the growing has begun lol, so without further ado here is a pic.

Rsz hpim1265
D

DaddyFatSacks

aww no love for the lone baby plant, lol. one day its gonna be over a half pound of dank and then we will see who snubs who lol, just kidding.

So i moved some fans around and put the screen in so now all is officially set to scrog, Wooot!:rasta2: I'll have some pics up Friday if not a little sooner.

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

Cool cabinet, that little baby should fill it nicely.

D

DaddyFatSacks

Day 13

ok So its been another week, just feed the girl for the first time about 1/2 strength Grow Big, she seemed to like it. enjoy the pics

HPIM1278
HPIM1274
HPIM1273
OctoberDee

OctoberDee

That little lady is loving it in there. I can't believe how fast it's growing. 12 hours to sprout is pretty amazing, how old is it now 2 weeks?

D

DaddyFatSacks

What up Octoberdee,
ya its 2 weeks from sprout, i was stoked how fast it sprouted too, and it just keeps going lol. should be touching the screen here in a week or so and then 2 more weeks after that till flowering. At least that's the plan, i really don't see me vegging for more then 5 weeks lol

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

I can't wait to see how your scrog works out. I'm hesitant to try to scrog my window but I'd like to try it somewhere else. Yours is a good model, I'm anxious to see how much you get out of your cab.

hiboy

hiboy

Your cabinet looks like THE TERMINATOR...
Kewl and clean.
whats ur temps in there?
h

D

DaddyFatSacks

Your cabinet looks like THE TERMINATOR...
Kewl and clean.
whats ur temps in there?
h

LOL, that's awesome, I thought it just looked cool and sci fi, but now that u said something that's all i can think about when I open it up lol.

The temps are good, cab runs at a steady 77F, when the lights are off at night it drops to 68F. It is only fall and it gets cold here in winter, like 0F cold, so the cab will run a little cooler, 75-63 range, i was thinking of getting a small heater to put outside the cab so it don't get too cold in there but i think it will be fine.

only prob i have is humidity, or lack there of, RH sits at like 27% goes up to 35% after it was watered and the lights and fans have turned off. The cab is so small a humidifier, even a really small one, brings the RH through the roof, and a container of water just dosnt cut it lol, to much air circulating through the cab for it to be very effective. any suggestions for that wold be helpful, and thanx for dropping in hiboy!

D

DaddyFatSacks

I can't wait to see how your scrog works out. I'm hesitant to try to scrog my window but I'd like to try it somewhere else. Yours is a good model, I'm anxious to see how much you get out of your cab.

I was the complete opposite, i saw a couple people doing it and my first grow i plunged right in and did a scrog. Figured hey cant be too difficult, and i was pretty much right. The plant dose all the work for you, I'm a big fan of scrog, for small spaces or giant spaces, best bang for your buck IMO. Try it out, its easy and totally worth it.

Last grow in this cab, my first time in this cab, I was just trying to see how everything wold work so i didnt do a complete scrog, i did half the cab a scrog and the other half was just a free growing plant(ill put up pics). Vegged just under 30 days, had some little problems and stressed the girls out a little bit do to under watering and light problems so i only pulled 160g.

This grow i am pretty sure i can hit 300g range if all goes according to plan. We will have to wait and see of course but it should be a good show.

Scrog half
Plain half
Main bud
Scrog buds
OctoberDee

OctoberDee

Wooooowww!!! Those nugs look scrummy!!! I wish I pulled 160gs of that on my last window grow. Looks like we're in for a show with your new cab grow. For humidity look up baby bottle warmers. They might give you an idea of something small that can create humidity. Just an idea.
:star:star:star

D

DaddyFatSacks

Thanx bro, they were mighty tasty too, smokin a bowl from that grow now in fact :afroweed:.

160g of some good home grown is always good, but, i pulled 95-100g off my 150w cab after i had everything dialed in., so only getting 160g from 400 watts isn't my best work, lol. But as i said it was a new cab with some problems, and now the problems are fixed lol.

as for the bottle warmers, i've been there done that lol, same problem as the container of water, just a little to much airflow for it to be very effective. there seems to be no middle ground between way to much humidity and way to low in this cab. I think i will be fine once the plant gets bigger it will hold some of that moisture in too, i guess its what i get for living in such a dry climate lol.

D

DaddyFatSacks

day 18

So a little update here, its day 18 and all is looking good. On day 14 i bent the plant down to get some good inside branches growing(i have a pic showing the results of that) also that day i gave the first feeding of Grow Big 1/4 strength, and i just feed her again today, 1/4 dose as well.

Oh and of course it had to be warm this week so my temps went up 2 degrees but i put up a pic so u new i wast bullshiting lol, But i think that's all so enjoy some pics

HPIM1287
HPIM1288
HPIM1291
HPIM1292
HPIM1293
HPIM1295
Darth Fader

Darth Fader

Very cool. Show more on the cab - like your ventilation/scrubbing, etc. You must have a pretty stable, cool room to maintain those temps.

D

DaddyFatSacks

Very cool. Show more on the cab - like your ventilation/scrubbing, etc. You must have a pretty stable, cool room to maintain those temps.

I think i can do that but it aint gonna be pretty lol. Drew up a quick sketch of the cab on paint and its not the most artistic thing iv ever done but it gets the point across. oh and i rent a basement so it stays cool like 65-72 range depending on the season, and as i said its cooling down here so i should be running pretty cool.

Ok so let me try to explain my setup, i have a 75 cfm bathroom fan pushing cool, fresh, air into the cab, its mounted on the inside left corner. on the top of the cab is a 50cfm bathroom fan that pulls air our the top of my reflector, which also has a glass panel for extra heat protection. and at the top right corner of the cab is a small booster fan also pushing some heat out.

Cab1
D

DaddyFatSacks

oh and as for a scrubber lol, the 2 outtakes make it really hard to do but i came up with a solution. the 2 fans are ducted to a 20 gallon tub that has carbon sheets inside. Bam! no smell and it cuts down on some air moment noise. i know its ghetto but it works like a charm

Top Bottom